Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Steam sale is now live until July 4.

Pretty much the usual grog stuff on sale at the usual sale prices (~35-75% off).

Any standout games this time? I'm going to pick up Commander: The Great War, but I have some more steambux burning a hole in my wallet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Athaboros posted:

Any standout games this time? I'm going to pick up Commander: The Great War, but I have some more steambux burning a hole in my wallet.

Graviteam: Mius Front is on sale. Is that good, or does it just look good and then terrible AI lets it down?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Gort posted:

Graviteam: Mius Front is on sale. Is that good, or does it just look good and then terrible AI lets it down?

Its good all around. The AI was borderline braindead during launch but they've updated the tactical (in battle) and operation AI like 3 times.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Mius Front is great, the dynamic/persistent battlefield is cool. The UI isn't very good but once you get the hang of it, it's manageable. Probably my favourite strategy game of the year so far.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Popete posted:

Mius Front is great, the dynamic/persistent battlefield is cool. The UI isn't very good but once you get the hang of it, it's manageable. Probably my favourite strategy game of the year so far.

The only thing bad about Mius Front is the actual Mius Front. I find 1943 Eastern Front mostly boring, especially parts of the front that were really not as...important.

Now personal preference aside, Graviteam being slaves to absolute historical accuracy, in the 2 campaigns available the Germans are both on the defensive on the same map (Stepanovka-Marinovka area). So the area of operations becomes a little stale, and the lack of German offensive campaigns makes it lack a little variety.

But knowing Graviteam there is gonna be a full fledged tank sim and like 12 different DLC from different, increasingly obscure time periods that will plug into Mius Front so. There are also a few really quality user made campaigns but they're all on the same map.

Really wish they would bring Steel Armor up to date on that note.

To the guy asking about Mius Front I made an LP of it a while back I had to discontinue due to the save getting corrupted but it should give you some idea. Its been updated quite a bit since then, the infantry models are HD now.

TBH its the probably one of the best grog games out there.

Phi230 fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jun 23, 2016

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Seems DC Barbarossa is on steam now and has a 20% discount. Come play with the train nazi if you haven't already.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe
Advanced Tactics Gold is half off currently ($14.99) and is cool and good. If you don't wanna shell out the $40 for DC: Barbarossa that is.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jun 23, 2016

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Anyone have any opinions on Atlantic Fleet? Not sure it counts as a proper grog game, but this felt like the best place to ask.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Its fun, worth 5 bux

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
BALOGNA's GAME IS CHEAP AND GOOD! It's probably one of my most favored grog games but also I hate the genre so I guess my word is a poison pill. Sorry Baloogan.

Buy Command it's a good game. And it lacks a lot of the bullshti you get with a ltos of the other grog titels.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
poo poo neoliberal no whay you are drunker than i am

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
im drunk as gently caress
brexit!

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Baloogan can you make an operation Sealion 2016 scenario for command. Tia.

DarthJeebus posted:

Advanced Tactics Gold is half off currently ($14.99) and is cool and good. If you don't wanna shell out the $40 for DC: Barbarossa that is.

We have ongoing PBEM LP's of this and will need a sub shortly so someone pick it up and come play with us.

Saros fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Jun 24, 2016

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
BOOM BOOM BOOMthats the sound of loving cuck euro capitals being nuked by brit nukes

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Anyone have any opinions on Atlantic Fleet? Not sure it counts as a proper grog game, but this felt like the best place to ask.

Scroll back through my posts a bitI did a mini-review of it a while back. Definitely worth 5bux.

Baloogan posted:

BOOM BOOM BOOMthats the sound of loving cuck euro capitals being nuked by brit nukes

#VoteInvade

gazza
Oct 20, 2013
Does Scourge of War Waterloo still run terribly?

And finally baloogan's shitposting spills into the grog thread, truly a historic day

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
the brit navy, while not near their holy peak, can prevent loving Sealion 2016. Nazi EU has zero sea lift.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

gazza posted:

And finally baloogan's shitposting spills into the grog thread, truly a historic day

poo poo you are rite i usulaly loving dont p[ost hear when im drunk

sorry please do no t ban me moderators

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
buy command its on sail and i work hard on it seriously its worth wahteverf it costs atm

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Baloogan posted:

the brit navy, while not near their holy peak, can prevent loving Sealion 2016. Nazi EU has zero sea lift.

Battlefront's new game right here, folks.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

So uh apparently there is a spiritual sucessor to ATG in the works (grog with generated maps).

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

gazza posted:

Does Scourge of War Waterloo still run terribly?

I was just wondering this myself.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
This thread really goes to another level when Baloogan ties one on, doesn't it?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress I should probably buy Command only because I always regret not buying it.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
Command is 50% off and you should definitely, definitely buy it. Support your friendly forums poster Baloogan.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

pthighs posted:

Command is 50% off and you should definitely, definitely buy it. Support your friendly forums poster Baloogan.

Man's gotta afford his medicine

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Phi230 posted:

Man's gotta afford his medicine

Don't worry, Trump will solve all of his mental health problems!

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Baloogan posted:

buy command its on sail and i work hard on it seriously its worth wahteverf it costs atm

Make me a Battle of Britain 2016: Brexit Boogaloo scenario when you sober up and I'll consider buying your game I already own.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Every purchase of Command from an SA member goes directly towards unbanning the developer.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
lol sorry grogs I usually don't post in Games like that.

uPen posted:

Make me a Battle of Britain 2016: Brexit Boogaloo scenario when you sober up and I'll consider buying your game I already own.

I want to make a series of semi-absurd Command scenarios set in a world where president trump wins in a landslide and goes on to completely gently caress up the entire world.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Baloogan posted:

I want to make a series of semi-absurd Command scenarios set in a world where president trump wins in a landslide and goes on to completely gently caress up the entire world.

You'd be doing the Lord's work.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If this genre can somehow get humor on it I'd consider it a win. And I don't mean obscure grog humor like armor thickness jokes. That's not actually funny.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum

Baloogan posted:

Don't worry no matter who wins we are going to war. Plenty of scenario fodder.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Add a new carrier to the database called the USS Donald J Trump and make it diesel powered so that you can shut it off to save money in port.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If this genre can somehow get humor on it I'd consider it a win. And I don't mean obscure grog humor like armor thickness jokes. That's not actually funny.

You never played the Steel Panthers: World At War scenario that pitted a whole shitload of postwar/wehraboo-fapfodder equipment versus an enemy deserving of the best there was/could be...

MECHAGODZILLA

(I can't remember if it was an "official" scenario that came with the base game at some point, or if it was a straight-up 3rd-party download.)

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

uPen posted:

Just a reminder that oob:pacific ww2 is great and you should buy the dlc when it goes on sale.

Gave it a whirl, seems fun. What's the recommended DLCs?

I have some friends who might enjoy playing it, too, so DLCs with decent multiplayer scenarios would be nice as well.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

gradenko_2000 posted:

Can someone explain how Order of Battle works now?

Its basically just a launcher to access whatever DLCs you own. Anyone that owned either OoB:P and/or any DLC has it transferred to the new "hub".

Gamerofthegame posted:

Gave it a whirl, seems fun. What's the recommended DLCs?

I have some friends who might enjoy playing it, too, so DLCs with decent multiplayer scenarios would be nice as well.

It doesn't have much yet, thanks to its age, but I'd say that out of four current DLCs they are ranked as follows:

-US Marines
-Rising Sun
-US Pacific
-Morning Sun

The Marines has a great mix of missions and content. It also doesn't have as many naval scenarios which, personally, doesn't feel as good as the ground/air combat.

The Rising Sun has lovely alternate-history scenarios if you can get to them, and is generally more interesting than the stock US campaign.

Which itself comes in 3rd. Its not bad by any means, but some missions are flops and the late-game is filled with suicide/bamboo civilians.

Morning Sun feels like the weakest addition. The missions felt too hard for me. The game also fails to make use of an interesting feature of the game, special feats that improve your army in various ways, by only have 3 out of 5.

As for multiplayer, I've never tried it against other humans. If you want interesting stuff, I'd go with Rising Sun/Marines/US Pacific for their map variety.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
There's also a Winter War pack now but I haven't played it yet.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

uPen posted:

There's also a Winter War pack now but I haven't played it yet.

It releases in July. The first time you log in to OoB: WW2, it lists it as purchaseable, but subsequent logins don't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Is someone doing a LP of the Dutch pirate grog mod game? It sounds incredible. bad graphics are a 2.5x multiplier for grogism.