Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Heads up, I just got the email for my rewards from going to the PlayStation E3 experience.

Got mine too (Canada). Whoops, probably should have waited a bit before immediately buying Drawful 2, but it's not like I'm never spending money on PSN again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
What happens after the end of the PSN Plus's free 14 day trial? Does it automatically register for PSN or does the trial simply end and it is up to you whether or not you want to purchase PSN plus?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

What happens after the end of the PSN Plus's free 14 day trial? Does it automatically register for PSN or does the trial simply end and it is up to you whether or not you want to purchase PSN plus?

if you give cc info they're probably gonna use it unless you cancel

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

if you give cc info they're probably gonna use it unless you cancel

So I can cancel at the 13th day and then register for PSN a minute later? The reason I'm asking is because I ordered a 12 month PSN card for$40. But it's in the mail and I want my PSN now! :(

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I can cancel at the 13th day and then register for PSN a minute later? The reason I'm asking is because I ordered a 12 month PSN card for$40. But it's in the mail and I want my PSN now! :(

if it's in the mail, you can just register now and add it on to your subscription when it gets there, unless for some reason it's going to take 14 days

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

morallyobjected posted:

if it's in the mail, you can just register now and add it on to your subscription when it gets there, unless for some reason it's going to take 14 days

Oh, so I still get the 14 days free? In other words if I enter the year subscription it won't start counting it until after the 14 days are up?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

punk rebel ecks posted:

Oh, so I still get the 14 days free? In other words if I enter the year subscription it won't start counting it until after the 14 days are up?

in almost every other situation, it tacks on to the end of whatever subscription you have, so I would think this wouldn't be any different, but I don't know for sure

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Yes

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Nickoten posted:

Except that your PSP and PS1 aren't your cell phone! :v:

FF1 iOS is the same graphics as the PSP version. I played through it years ago when my second gen iPod Touch was new. I remember being impressed.

I don't know why 5 and 6 are so loving uggo. I bought 6 on my iPhone thinking I could deal, I couldn't deal. Played only a few hours.

e: FF2 is the same as the PSP version also, FF2 is just a terrible game so who cares.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Why can't they make the PSP version of Final Fantasy IV for mobile. The 3D version is so ugly. :(

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's still better than the mobile V and VI sprites.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Playstation Vue just launched their Roku app and while the UI leaves a lot be desired I'm really digging being able to watch some cable channels again. I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it but its nice having the option.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Obsurveyor posted:

Why can't they make the PSP version of Final Fantasy IV for mobile. The 3D version is so ugly. :(

I love the PSP Version of IV, but at the same time I love the 3D version gameplay changes. It feels really refreshing to play as the bosses have new tactics. Anyone who ever played the 3D version probably wasn't expecting Dr Lugae to be a hard boss who has a very nasty gimmick.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Rirse posted:

I love the PSP Version of IV, but at the same time I love the 3D version gameplay changes. It feels really refreshing to play as the bosses have new tactics. Anyone who ever played the 3D version probably wasn't expecting Dr Lugae to be a hard boss who has a very nasty gimmick.

Yeah I'm fine with remakes that do something different with the game... I hate the mobile ports, which are basically taking a good visual style and making it look terrible with no redeeming qualities beyond being functional on a touch screen.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Obsurveyor posted:

I also played that. And I loved the look. I don't understand the hate honestly. I liked FF3 on DS also.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Playstation Vue just launched their Roku app and while the UI leaves a lot be desired I'm really digging being able to watch some cable channels again. I'm not sure how long I'll stick with it but its nice having the option.

Thanks for this by the way. Gives me a reason to pull the trigger on Vue now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mayor McCheese posted:

Thanks for this by the way. Gives me a reason to pull the trigger on Vue now.

The app is really rough right now. It keeps losing authentication so I have to keep logging onto the website to reauth. The UI is horrid. It is very mobile-centric with huge icons for each channel and far I can tell there is no way to have the channels in a list format.

Also, the channels are in a seemingly random order. On the PS4 the locals are first then the cable channels are in alphabetical order afterwards. On the Roku they are grouped by parent company, I think, but then completely random. Like all the Fox channels are near the end with the Fox channel. ABC is up a few rows from that but still near the end. Makes it a pain to channel surf. I know developers are not designers but I don't even know they still thought this was fine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

jabro posted:

The app is really rough right now. It keeps losing authentication so I have to keep logging onto the website to reauth. The UI is horrid. It is very mobile-centric with huge icons for each channel and far I can tell there is no way to have the channels in a list format.

Also, the channels are in a seemingly random order. On the PS4 the locals are first then the cable channels are in alphabetical order afterwards. On the Roku they are grouped by parent company, I think, but then completely random. Like all the Fox channels are near the end with the Fox channel. ABC is up a few rows from that but still near the end. Makes it a pain to channel surf. I know developers are not designers but I don't even know they still thought this was fine.

Yeah pretty much what he said. I have't had it drop my auth yet but I only used it last night.

I do have to say though that the picture quality is loving awesome!

I still need to figure out how to record poo poo though.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
So there is a flash sale but its not on the store apparently. Hm

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

strategery posted:

So there is a flash sale but its not on the store apparently. Hm

What region?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It'll probably be live by noon tomorrow

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

CrashCat posted:

What region?

North America

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

weird, that doesn't look like the graphic I'm used to for them for flash sales, but then everyone seems to think it's gonna happen

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
When the Steam sale hit, someone I follow on Twitter (Wario64 I think) said something like "There's a PSN flash sale this weekend too so budget accordingly" so I'm almost positive we're getting one

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Flash sales tend to happen on the second to last weekend of the month, so this is not surprising. ( know next weekend is technically july, but next Tuesday is one more June PSN store update so this week was the second to last June PSN update)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah pretty much what he said. I have't had it drop my auth yet but I only used it last night.

I do have to say though that the picture quality is loving awesome!

I still need to figure out how to record poo poo though.

You "record" stuff by marking a program as one of your shows. Going forward that will make it so that you can watch the recorded versions.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought the flash sale would be up by now

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Looks like they're still updating

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/746419539806556161

You can only see the discount from the cart

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I will totally buy Arkham Knight for $12.

The DLC is all garbage, right? That seems to be the Arkham tradition, so I assume it carries.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
If you're wondering if a WB game has good dlc, the answer is no

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

axleblaze posted:

If you're wondering if a WB game has good dlc, the answer is no

Some of the combat challenges are pretty great, but yeah the single player DLC isn't too hot.

If it's super cheap though, it's more Batman, and Mr. Freeze's little storyline is at least halfway decent.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-FLASHSALEWEBLP

Go forth and spend your money.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

A pretty good sale if you're a Vita owner and uhhhhh kinda alright for everyone else.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol loving Litchdom Battlemage

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Does look like it is up! Also, buy The Swindle.

Sakurazuka posted:

lol loving Litchdom Battlemage

Fun game. Terrible on consoles.

strategery fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Jun 24, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looks like the Playstation E3 thing just bought me Steins;Gate, maybe I can finally see what that's about.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

strategery posted:

Does look like it is up! Also, buy The Swindle.

doesn't it have a badly designed end game i remember reviewers saying its frustrating?

strategery
Apr 21, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

doesn't it have a badly designed end game i remember reviewers saying its frustrating?

No. Its great. The one thing at the end Im assuming they are referring to is the last mission takes 400,000 bucks to activate. If you fail it, you have to pay it again. This isnt as big of a deal as by the end of the game you can get that much money again in a pretty short time. A total playthrough lasts around 4-6 hours, but I played it for 35 before i actually beat it.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
How's Mad Max? I like the Mad Max movies but am not a devoted fan or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

MeatwadIsGod posted:

How's Mad Max? I like the Mad Max movies but am not a devoted fan or anything.

It's a pretty good game if you don't try and accomplish every single side quest or objective.

• Locked thread