Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Godface posted:

In the last page, in the bottom right panel. Who is the girl with spears on her back standing behind Carrot? That can't be Nami.

yeah I spotted that too, who the hell is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it's Nami

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

who's that skeleton with a cane sword drawn ?? and don't tell me it's Brook because brook is obviously behind the wheel sans sword on the opposite page

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

sorry that was me

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
Except you can see Nami three panels later and what she's wearing looks nothing like what that person is wearing?

Indigo Cephalopods fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jun 24, 2016

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sub Harrison posted:

Is this just a mistranslation of "Don't waste any time cleaning up this mess", or are they talking about something physical left behind from Mom's DF ability?

EDIT: Also, what the hell are those black wraiths he's talking to? They weren't in the previous chapter.

Korean scans also have the guy saying something along the lines of that translation, so...

Fuckshoes
Jul 11, 2001

sup ladies
It looks like she's holding Nitro, that weird jelly thing from Cacao Island. Is that Pudding? Did she stow away?

Edit: Nevermind, that's just a gauntlet. I'm still not sure that's Nami tho.

Fuckshoes fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jun 24, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

everyone is bandaged up from fighting ants all night. nami, who spent the night in armor, is immaculate

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Whoever it is there will probably be a humorous question about them in the next sbs.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Brandfarlig posted:

What the gently caress.

This is so poo poo that I kind of love it.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

oddium posted:

who's that skeleton with a cane sword drawn ?? and don't tell me it's Brook because brook is obviously behind the wheel sans sword on the opposite page

Are you proud of this post? Nami is literally in a different panel on the same spread wearing something completely different. Thanks for the post, though.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

oddium posted:

I'm proud of this post.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's the moment y'all been waiting for.

That's right, it's time for Barto to show his stuff.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So the chances of Pudding being a legit good girl are highly increased.

Let them get married and have her join the crew as well, she seems cool.

On the second thing, seemed like there was some splash when big mom ate her sons time on earth, that poo poo could be HELLA valuable since it is literally lifeforce/time in physical form

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Advice posted:

Are you proud of this post? Nami is literally in a different panel on the same spread wearing something completely different. Thanks for the post, though.

nami is also in the series of dawn panels, wearing armor

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014

oddium posted:

its 100% nami let me save you all from oddium owning the thread when you all figure it out (everyones bandaged cause nami fought the ants in full armour)

drjuggalo fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jun 24, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

oddium posted:

She is? If she is I don't see her at least. Every other panel with her in the chapter has her wearing that German waitress style dress that I can see at least.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Ace - Drawn by the guy who did Johnny Five Aces.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

tsob posted:

She is? If she is I don't see her at least. Every other panel with her in the chapter has her wearing that German waitress style dress that I can see at least.

i've taken the liberty of circling nami, in armor:

she's behind carrot

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

oddium posted:

This is the answer. On the right side everyone is putting away their weapons/gear from fighting the ants. On the left side everyone has put their stuff away and has moved elsewhere on the ship.

There isn't a mystery stowaway. Shannon didn't get stabbed. Michael Scott didn't say "I acquit!"

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

oddium posted:

i've taken the liberty of circling nami, in armor:

she's behind carrot

I thought you meant another shot besides that one, given the use of the word "also". So you're saying that she fought the ants in her normal outfit till Brook put them to sleep, then helped everyone else unfreeze the sea in her normal outfit until the ants woke up, then at some point while everyone else was fighting them again went off and changed in to a suit of armor and spears for the sum total of one panel and some of the night until they were away from the ants and just about to approach their destination, then in the space of a few seconds changed back in to her normal outfit for no real reason she couldn't have done in the almost definitely hours since?

Or, that Oda wanted to have her be in armor with spears while everyone was fighting, but didn't think to do it while the crew was focused on fixing stuff for several pages before the ants woke up and instead only put it in the background of a single panel, then forgot about it and put her in her normal outfit 3 panels later?

tsob fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 24, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'd love to see that chocolatier outfit having a additional shoulder cauldrons and a helmet like a mismatched MMO character

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

tsob posted:

I thought you meant another shot besides that one, given the use of the word "also". So you're saying that she fought the ants in her normal outfit till Brook put them to sleep, then helped everyone else unfreeze the sea in her normal outfit until the ants woke up, then at some point while everyone else was fighting them again went off and changed in to a suit of armor and spears for the sum total of one panel and some of the night until they were away from the ants and just about to approach their destination, then in the space of a few seconds changed back in to her normal outfit for no real reason she couldn't have done in the almost definitely hours since?

Or, that Oda wanted to have her be in armor with spears while everyone was fighting, but didn't think to do it while the crew was focused on fixing stuff for several pages before the ants woke up and instead only put it in the background of a single panel, then forgot about it and put her in her normal outfit 3 panels later?

All these words and you missed the most important evidence that it isn't Nami. She's wearing a cuirass that fully covers her chest and in no way emphasizes her chest. This is highly un-One Piece.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Yeah its definitely organized in a weird way, everyone has bandages that they didn't have the night before when they started fighting the ants again, so I guess it's implied they fought all night, but even then it's super weird that everyone notices Whole Cake Island, wakes up, starts getting excited, and as they're all saying their lines about seeing the island, Brook gets behind the wheel in an instant and Nami changes out of her clothing, into the exact same outfit she wore the day before? I definitely suspect some editor/assistant error but technically it's possible. Just weird that there wasn't even a gag or anything about how fast Nami changed. She literally changes her entire outfit in the space of three panels including the spread of Whole Cake Island, and there's no mention of it or anything.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's been a couple minor issues lately so it's probably that he wanted to show Nami fighting the ants in that armor, the page got cut, and that panel was kept in. One of Sanji's brothers had these massive fist gloves and in the next panel he wasn't wearing them at all.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Oda does it again!

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Korean scans also have the guy saying something along the lines of that translation, so...

When she attacks Moscato in the previous chapter, Big Mom says "forty years". So it seems like her power is the ability to take years from people, and the seconds mentioned this chapter are time-splatter essentially.

It does explain why there are numbers on the dartboard. She hits one of those spots, she'll just take how many years indicated.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Did people talk about the opening yet, since it was released?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHZX_iKt_GU cuz...it's not very good.

rip one piece anime, I can barely remember a time when you looked good. :smith:
It's got some neat clips of the up episodes, covering Zou at least...

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I thought that opening was a very big improvement over the last couple we've had.

Song is also pretty decent

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

I want the One Piece anime to be good

Asuron posted:

I thought that opening was a very big improvement over the last couple we've had.

Song is also pretty decent

There's only been one opening since Wake Up!! and you better not be implying thats not a good opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXR94jrlzFk

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 29, 2016

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
Pirate Warriors 3 is $12.50 on Steam for the summer sale, or $15.50 with all the DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/331600/

I've been having a good time with it.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

https://zippy.gfycat.com/SecretWelldocumentedCaribou.webm

good opening, frankly

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I want the One Piece anime to be good

There's only been one opening since Wake Up!! and you better not be implying thats not a good opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXR94jrlzFk

We Go, the one for Punk Hazard and that one. We Go is the one I like and the other two not at all.

Don't know why I need to explain that because my sentence made it clear I was talking about more than one but there we go.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Space-Bird posted:

Did people talk about the opening yet, since it was released?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHZX_iKt_GU cuz...it's not very good.

rip one piece anime, I can barely remember a time when you looked good. :smith:
It's got some neat clips of the up episodes, covering Zou at least...

Yeah I'm not too crazy about this theme. Definitely my least favorite out of all the post-timeskip opening songs so far.

I've been enjoying re-watching the show on Adult Swim. They're a third of the way through Thriller Bark right now. The dub is really well done.

gnome7 posted:

Pirate Warriors 3 is $12.50 on Steam for the summer sale, or $15.50 with all the DLC: http://store.steampowered.com/app/331600/

Oh I am buying the poo poo out of this. :getin:

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

"Hi Nemi, it's me, Nikky Robon!"

I think it's those weird gormless faces that really get me.

Pirate Warriors 3 is definitely worth it at that price point though...

hell astro course fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 29, 2016

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

DizzyBum posted:

Yeah I'm not too crazy about this theme. Definitely my least favorite out of all the post-timeskip opening songs so far.

I've been enjoying re-watching the show on Adult Swim. They're a third of the way through Thriller Bark right now. The dub is really well done.

Oh I am buying the poo poo out of this. :getin:

It really is a good dub, I buy every new installment of the Dvd release when it comes out. They are on Marineford now and selling it well.

I live in constant dread though when the anime becomes unwatchable

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

After some Googling I've taken on a new impression that the animes decline in quality isn't cynical japanese executives thinking it will sell no matter what but that Toei animation is too spread out with multiple huge franchise weekly shows like Dragonball, Precure, ect

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

gnome7 posted:

i bought it in the last sale and its incredibly poo poo. is the ps4/3 game the same?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Space-Bird posted:

I think it's those weird gormless faces that really get me.

IM DRIVIN A BOAT YAAAAAY :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sinners Sandwich posted:

After some Googling I've taken on a new impression that the animes decline in quality isn't cynical japanese executives thinking it will sell no matter what but that Toei animation is too spread out with multiple huge franchise weekly shows like Dragonball, Precure, ect

It's almost like they should do them as separate seasons or something.

Space-Bird posted:

DizzyBum posted:

IM DRIVIN A BOAT YAAAAAY :v:

Thirty minutes later and I'm still laughing.

But seriously, this is the cheapest, most off-model garbage I can remember seeing from a big franchise that isn't out-of-context stills. I'm sure I've seen worse in my lifetime, but it's been so long that any other contenders have fallen out of my brain.