Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

ahmeni posted:

lol no sorry everyone has already learned that cross platform poo poo is just a giant garbage pile of mediocrity on each platform and the only people that benefit are hosed up platforms that nobody wants to write apps for. this is the only reason microsoft purchased xamarin and likely the only reason there are as many windows mobile apps as there are today

xamarin is one of the saner ones though, doesn't try to be a complete abstraction, you still write a fair chunk of os-specific view code targeting the native ui libraries. you have likely used ios xamarin stuff without ever knowing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

GameCube posted:

Apple Boy defends gay ceo consorting with highest-ranking anti-gay politician in the country, decries cancellation of low-margin product that he liked

https://twitter.com/pleasure__kevin/status/744990170152198144

https://twitter.com/pleasure__kevin/status/745703095900876800

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PleasureKevin posted:

the Apple display is dead.

they made integrated all-in-one displays so good they realized none of their detached computers (including laptops) could run them, and the standards were barely up to snuff to run them.

enjoy your plastic, shaky monitors with glossy plastic construction now with apple's blessing!

enjoying my ultrasharp with the same panels for a third the price ty

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

xamarin is one of the saner ones though, doesn't try to be a complete abstraction, you still write a fair chunk of os-specific view code targeting the native ui libraries. you have likely used ios xamarin stuff without ever knowing it

that's only if you count times i've used an app that i knew was a piece of poo poo, just didn't know exactly what lovely cross platform middleware was responsible

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

GameCube posted:

first the apple hifi, now this... say it ain't so, Tim Cook :gonk:
apple is a company that makes phones and devkits for phones now

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

feel the hate flow through you kevin

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

GameCube posted:

this guy is cool.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
quoting your own drat twitter dude? thats low

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Freakin gas this POS thread lol

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
this thread is loving awful and (((smythe))) not gassing it is proof the righteous fighters for freedom and good have finally struck a blow against the tribe.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
i'm really running the ironic unironic ironic antisemitism re: smythe into the ground. i'm sorry yospos. i can and will do better. that being said maybe gassing things is a bit too close to home for him.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
:greencube:

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i like latkes, matzah ball soup, and seders w/ the fam

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Smythe posted:

Freakin gas this POS thread lol

please calm down

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

some people around here are very sensitive. yeesh.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

holy gently caress dude did the entirely unknown person named "paul ryan" censor the cpan feed???

well now i dont like whoever that guy is

thx pleasure kevin, i get all my political info from the yospos apple thread. if not for you, i would never have heard about the evil bad man who censored the cspan feed and afaik has done nothing else good or bad in his entire life

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

anytime my dude

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

im going to vote for trump

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

born on a buy you posted:

i'm really running the ironic unironic ironic antisemitism re: smythe into the ground. i'm sorry yospos. i can and will do better. that being said maybe gassing things is a bit too close to home for him.
Please don't do ironic antisemitism as it begets unironic antisemitism and also just the 'tism

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Cardboard Box A posted:

Please don't do ironic antisemitism as it begets unironic antisemitism and also just the 'tism

(((Globalists)))

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Your hit:miss ratio on reports is ~1:20. Report less or report more carefully. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

a mod should post the reports.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

another Apple Fail for your enjoyment: if you have "reopen all windows from last session" set in your safari preferences, it'll reopen your private windows, too. talk about a freakin Privacy Fail

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GameCube posted:

a mod should post the reports.

mods please do this so this thread will finally have something funny posted in it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

To be a true cake fart the rear end in a top hat must come in contact with the frosting.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

broken clock opsec posted:

(((Globalists)))
Exactly. When your twitter posts start looking like lisp programs you know the 'tism is spreading.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://zippy.gfycat.com/HarmfulUglyBlackandtancoonhound.mp4

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

rise, Apple Boys. tim needs you to defend this dog poo poo garbage.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

whats this greenpos

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

exploding mummy posted:

whats this greenpos

problem?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
yeah it's a really bad fuckup that it reopens your private windows.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

QuickSilver is trash.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
just use chrome I guess

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Cardboard Box A posted:

yeah, the line between doing something ironically and just doing that thing is blurry to non-existant, eg. people who watched reality TV "ironically" (back when reality TV was still a thing)

i feel like that was also the cause of the my little pony phenomenon but that's just a guess and I don't feel like gazing into that abyss to find out for sure

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

since apple has stopped selling screens and has told people "go buy a dell monitor or something" is that pretty much confirmation that the mac mini and mac pro will be left to rot?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

emoji posted:

QuickSilver is trash.

i haven't used a mac daily since like 2006. what would you recommend

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

GameCube posted:

i haven't used a mac daily since like 2006.

im so sorry for your loss

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

GameCube posted:

i haven't used a mac daily since like 2006. what would you recommend

Alfred and/or Hammerspoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

im all the CJ poo poo in the taskbar or whatever they call it on mac