Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

Uncle Wemus posted:

Im not even sure all video game people even paid attention to gamergate outside of the chans and the clickbait sites

in other words the outlets where everyone in north america under the age of 30 gets their news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

[two retards jerking off while yelling at a youtube video] gamers are important!!

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

i let five guys named Toad gently caress me irl and I don't think Nintendo is making fun of me

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

satanic splash-back posted:

[two retards jerking off while yelling at a youtube video] gamers are important!!

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Mega Man 4 is bad and bland. Mega Man 5 is good and fun.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Sonic Adventures was okay i guess

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012

Heath posted:

Mega Man 4 is bad and bland. Mega Man 5 is good and fun.

Yes. Mega man 5 was my first MM game. Worth playing.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

how did you know I work from home?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I was poor af growing up and just rented everything but my parents got me Megaman 3 at launch and it made me briefly feel like a god

MM2 is probably my favorite but 3 is really good, MM1 is okay, so is 4, never really got into anything past that except X1

Wee Stubby Nublet
Nov 20, 2015

by Lowtax

Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five (Toad, Toad, Toad, Toad, and... Toad).

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Here op this is the link to the final boss and the ending of this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdCIrHWzXoE

spoilers: it's poo poo

lmao i have played literal game maker platformers that were more fun than this looks

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
When I was a kid I would record Megan Man 2's songs on my lovely little tape player then listen to them at school on my Walkman.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

do they cum on each other thsi is important

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

They have so much space and they don't make any use of it. It looks like there's way too much space in the boss rooms. Who was responsible for the design in this game? Jeesh.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Borden posted:

They have so much space and they don't make any use of it. It looks like there's way too much space in the boss rooms. Who was responsible for the design in this game? Jeesh.

The backers are responsible for not reaching the "fill the negative space" stretch goal.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

oh dope posted:

When I was a kid I would record Megan Man 2's songs on my lovely little tape player then listen to them at school on my Walkman.

Crash Man was the best song.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=opADNvgeZYY

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

natetimm posted:

Sorry but it's Dr. Wily level 1.

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx

natetimm posted:

oh dope posted:

Sorry but it's Dr. Wily level 1.

Those aren't how you spell Air Man.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
when is the anime comin' out?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Can't unsee the blue thong.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g613c6JohFg

what ever happened to Super Feed Me

they didnt release the game

where ois it mighty npo 9

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Another Mighty No. 9 screenshot for y'all:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Applewhite posted:

lol

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Mega Man you better not look at the dirty magazines or you might get in trouble!

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Quest 64 is a cool game and I mean this unironically.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

argondamn posted:

:agreed:

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

heh heh heh good to see gamequoter back in action

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Applewhite posted:

didn't that game not work right or have some other huge problem

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Parallax Scroll posted:

making 3d assets is cheaper supposedly idk

yeah normally that is true but mn9 has all of like seven different enemy types so it's not like they need a million sprite sheets

plus their 3d is really, really, really bad

my favorite so far are the missile turrets on the sub boss of avi's stage that have a jarringly bad 8 fps animation give or take

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Uncle Wemus posted:

didn't that game not work right or have some other huge problem

heh we're talking about gaming here, not my dick :grin:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
just go play 20xx

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

argondamn posted:

Wiki says, "The general conclusion was the game was competent enough to charm gamers who had never played an RPG before, but too simplistic and trite to interest anyone else" which I think games like that DO serve a place in the gaming landscape. An 'entry-level' game in various genres and not just changing difficulty settings.

Something like Final Fantasy Mystic Quest is sort of poo poo on as baby's first RPG, but I think that's maybe a good thing. It's a starting off game for maybe people who aren't your typical RPG player who find themselves frustrated in a traditional RPG. After playing through something like Mystic Quest, you maybe have the confidence, experience and patience to sit through and complete another multi-hour RPG.

For all the complaints something like Alpha Protocol got, I'm really glad I bought and played the game. As someone who missed the boat on a lot of games like that and was not a fan of the Fallout 3/NV games, having played AP helped make me get a better idea of why Fallout didn't click with me the first time around and I ended up getting heavily invested in for a while when previously I got bored after a few hours.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Parallax Scroll posted:

i liked megaman 2. does anyone else like that game

it's overrated. MM2's levels tend to be a lot of plain corridors, and then you have that one Wily room boss that's like a lovely puzzle where you get stuck if you don't have enough Crash energy. It's totally out of place.

lots of good music though, and the robot masters are pretty fun. I like how Crash Man reacts to your inputs, so you're kinda playing him too.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Well, at least Bloodstained is looking pretty good so far.

Right?

Holy poo poo how did you gently caress this up? MM v SF was better than this fuuuuuuck

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008

J.A.B.C. posted:

Well, at least Bloodstained is looking pretty good so far.

Right?

Holy poo poo how did you gently caress this up? MM v SF was better than this fuuuuuuck

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsQ_DjKnZfg

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
https://twitter.com/UnburntWitch/status/746422608174813185

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
The new Paper Mario looks like fun

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

I'm wildly out of touch. What/Who is this @Unburntwitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Putty posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g613c6JohFg

what ever happened to Super Feed Me

they didnt release the game

where ois it mighty npo 9

Goddamn that looks excellent.

• Locked thread