Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Archie, Peyton, and Eli come pretty close

Noted NBA players Peyton, Eli, and Archie Manning :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Zero Chill
Jun 23, 2016
https://twitter.com/NBAonTNT/status/746438201611526144

The pure struggle is gone

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

It's great how the whole joining the military after graduation was a lie. I don't blame him, I'd take the shot at the NBA if I had it but still LOL at that lie.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

You could tell he really just didn't want to be in Chicago playing basketball any more. The pressure he/media/fans put on him was immense, plus the quick ascension to an MVP level player. coupled with the fall of injuries, PR gaffs by the Team, and himself. Just lead to a situation where everything was painful.

Can't wait though. because now when the Bulls lose, or Jimmy Plays poorly he won't be able to just dip out and leave the remarks to Rose.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I like this Derrick Rose guy even though I'm not convinced it was a good move. Whatever.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I like this Derrick Rose guy even though I'm not convinced it was a good move. Whatever.

At worst, he sucks and you guys get ~20 million dollars off the books.

Actually scratch that.

At Worst he's Goddamn amazing Him Melo and Zingus meld perfectly into Hornecek's system they gets you guys to a competitive ECF or series with the Cavs. And the Little Isisah on Dolan's shoulders tells him to Give Rose all of the money. And then the next year he's injured and sucks, and is stuck on your books for the foreseeable future.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I think he's a great player but he's going to explode into powder in the third game of the season and it will be hilarious

gingerberger
Jun 20, 2014

Gotta love my Squirtle Swag

Dexo posted:

At worst, he sucks and you guys get ~20 million dollars off the books.

Actually scratch that.

At Worst he's Goddamn amazing Him Melo and Zingus meld perfectly into Hornecek's system they gets you guys to a competitive ECF or series with the Cavs. And the Little Isisah on Dolan's shoulders tells him to Give Rose all of the money. And then the next year he's injured and sucks, and is stuck on your books for the foreseeable future.

Oh and while doing all that he gets them to give D12 a 4 year max contract too.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Which would be great because the Rockets already have a replacement

"I know that they are a playoff team. I know Dwight just opted out so I have a chance to take that position." - Chinanu Onuaku

This kid has the moxie, he has the grit, he's not afraid of taking underhanded free throws while a bunch of Golden State fans jeer at him.

e: Morey said he had two agreed deals to move up but the players he wanted were already taken. Wonder who he wanted

chunkles fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jun 24, 2016

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Porzingis is going to get so many wide open shots out of the pick and pop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc4U_1iee68

This worked every single goddamn time last year.

This poo poo was why Pau was able to put up such comical scoring numbers. The offense p much consisted of this with Rose/Butler.

That's the thing about Rose, it seems like he still has decent burst and first step. But While he can do that on the ground it seems like he's either scared or unable to get anywhere near the same type of height he used to get which means it's waaaaaay harder for him to actually finish at the rim.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 24, 2016

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Dexo posted:

Porzingis is going to get so many wide open shots out of the pick and pop.

I read this as pick and poop and lolled because I am a literal child

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/JMichaelCSN/status/746466124963840000 I can momentarily step back from the ledge.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I missed that the Warriors signed Mamadou N'Diaye. I want to see a line-up of four guys under 6'8" with a 7'6" dude in the middle for giggles.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

wait is that his top speed or his average top speed?

That had to be his top zenith apex climax paramount peak speed.

Metapod posted:

Thank every God that is worshipped

Syncretism was not on your side this go around.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i count 2.5 bulls capable of playing NBA defense: Jimmy, Rolo, Maybe Cristiano Felicio (I believe).

I forgot The Dunleavy elbows the poo poo out of people so that's cool too.

Dunleavy will be 36 soon so I don't have much faith in him.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Zogo posted:

That had to be his top zenith apex climax paramount peak speed.

Syncretism was not on your side this go around.

Dunleavy will be 36 soon so I don't have much faith in him.

the 'bows are the last thing to go

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

that derrick rose video is killing me, i love lovely, busted-knee derrick rose

everything i liked about the bulls for the last decade is gone and the team has literally been built for fred hoiberg and doug mcdermott, i hope a metra train hits me before the season starts

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I know the Lakers had some interest in Noah, a big man vet with a motor, to help mentor Randle but probably not at the max.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Ishin posted:

What the gently caress are you doing Grunfeld!?

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/new..._medium=twitter

:lol:

:doh:

Shear Modulus posted:

Also the only games that really mattered.

If he played better the Thunder could've gotten the 1 seed and cruised to the title. Winning the title as the three seed is hard!

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

You could tell he really just didn't want to be in Chicago playing basketball any more. The pressure he/media/fans put on him was immense, plus the quick ascension to an MVP level player. coupled with the fall of injuries, PR gaffs by the Team, and himself. Just lead to a situation where everything was painful.

Credit to the Bulls organization for being so bad that players would be excited about joining the Knicks organization.

I will add that Derrick Rose was a bad basketball player last year. The Bulls were much better with him not playing. He had moments where he'd hit a bunch of mid-range jumpers. Maybe blow buy someone for a layup. But he can't do what he used to at the rim, can't shoot, has sketchy ball handling skills, and came in last season woefully out of shape. I hope he does well in New York but he's really just a below average NBA PG at this point.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
It's hard to see Noah going anywere but Minnesota for too-much-but-not-the-max.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

that derrick rose video is killing me, i love lovely, busted-knee derrick rose

everything i liked about the bulls for the last decade is gone and the team has literally been built for fred hoiberg and doug mcdermott, i hope a metra train hits me before the season starts

Derrick Rose is NOT BACK

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mr. Mambold posted:

Derrick Rose is NOT BACK

YOU DON'T KNOW IF HE IS BACK OR NOT, THE JURY IS STILL OUT ON BACKNESS

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

R.D. Mangles posted:

YOU DON'T KNOW IF HE IS BACK OR NOT, THE JURY IS STILL OUT ON BACKNESS

he gone R.D.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Are you telling me that Mitch Lawrence would post a BS story from an agent? Why I never!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Mr. Mambold posted:

he gone R.D.

this is me with derrick rose
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWvevkE0kAI

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Noah makes no sense for the Wizards unless they can get rid of Gortat and his contract.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Noah makes no sense for the Wizards unless they can get rid of Gortat and his contract.

The Bulls and Warriors are Most Hated Rivalry teams that fight with each other all the time and one time Jimmy got Nene thrown out of a playoff game after getting into a forehead pushing contest with them, so Noah doesn't make sense because in the heat of the moment he might hip check Beal in the fog of war.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

R.D. Mangles posted:

The Bulls and Warriors are Most Hated Rivalry teams that fight with each other all the time and one time Jimmy got Nene thrown out of a playoff game after getting into a forehead pushing contest with them, so Noah doesn't make sense because in the heat of the moment he might hip check Beal in the fog of war.

good rivalry

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

don't be a pedant, all W teams are the same

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

They also angered Kirk enough that he took off his goggles to fight Beal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtqAhxq6ZuA

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/Timberwolves/status/746469908897103872

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Beal is an RFA now right?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Niwrad posted:

Credit to the Bulls organization for being so bad that players would be excited about joining the Knicks organization.

I will add that Derrick Rose was a bad basketball player last year. The Bulls were much better with him not playing. He had moments where he'd hit a bunch of mid-range jumpers. Maybe blow buy someone for a layup. But he can't do what he used to at the rim, can't shoot, has sketchy ball handling skills, and came in last season woefully out of shape. I hope he does well in New York but he's really just a below average NBA PG at this point.

How much of last season was he playing with the eye injury that caused double vision?

Bush Did Outer Heaven
Jan 18, 2005

The Sweetest Payne

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Beal is an RFA now right?

Yeah, no reason to imagine Wizards aren't matching a max on him though.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Terry Glenn posted:

Yeah, no reason to imagine Wizards aren't matching a max on him though.

An Eric Gordon special

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Hand Row posted:

An Eric Gordon special

:(

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Work on that ball control young man. Thibs never not coaching.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Oh man I just realized we'll probably get a Twitter war between Cousins and Papa Papa John when the later complains about his son's playing time

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Attn: euphronius

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/559324-gotta-have-luwawu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Derrick Rose STARRING in the hottest new ABC series, "Back-ish"

• Locked thread