Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

The domination continues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DrSeRRoD posted:

Yes. You will eventually get a warning and then a 75% xp penalty until your 'full game played' percentage goes back up the minimum. It is always based on your last 20 games played.

Okay, thank you. Maybe I'll hold off playing until rogers gets their poo poo together.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
I am almost lvl 60 now and focused playing on 5 classes. Today I thought I try out Reaper and :stare:
I mean WTF?
Now I understand why he is instapicked in pub games: You just roam around, kill 15-20 enemies easily every loving round and die like twice the whole game. You morph iddqd style out of every dangerous situation, even out of Zaryas ult and only die when you got into the mayhem or flanked/hit by shots you did not see coming.
Reapers ult is loving strong and easy 2-4 kills every time and you can setup the massmurdering by beaming or morphing behind or above your foes.
You guns are op in infights and by spamming shots at far away opponents you still scatter enough to get cheap killassits.
His only weakness: he is slow. But it does not matter when you are invulnerable all 8 seconds anyway. Absolutely ridiculous.
Did I miss the nerf postings somehow?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Mr.PayDay posted:

I am almost lvl 60 now and focused playing on 5 classes. Today I thought I try out Reaper and :stare:
I mean WTF?
Now I understand why he is instapicked in pub games: You just roam around, kill 15-20 enemies easily every loving round and die like twice the whole game. You morph iddqd style out of every dangerous situation, even out of Zaryas ult and only die when you got into the mayhem or flanked/hit by shots you did not see coming.
Reapers ult is loving strong and easy 2-4 kills every time and you can setup the massmurdering by beaming or morphing behind or above your foes.
You guns are op in infights and by spamming shots at far away opponents you still scatter enough to get cheap killassits.
His only weakness: he is slow. But it does not matter when you are invulnerable all 8 seconds anyway. Absolutely ridiculous.

Have you considered playing torbjorn instead? His gun does a lot of damage if you headshot players at close range.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

ItBurns posted:

Have you considered playing torbjorn instead? His gun does a lot of damage if you headshot players at close range.

While you wanna be sarcastic, my serious reply is that I farmed Torbs in my last games, he and his turret are free kills for Reapers.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Reaper is really good, too good with McCrees nerfs, but keep it on the DL.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ItBurns posted:

I'm not sure why you're so weirdly angry about this particular thing but it's pretty goofy.

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it

Mr.PayDay posted:

Reaper players have already voluntarily nerfed themselves by never standing on the objective. God bless them. :)

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Reaper is awful at destroying Torb turrets if they aren't in a position where he can just walk around a corner and shotgun them up close.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Tin Gang posted:

Reaper players have already voluntarily nerfed themselves by never standing on the objective. God bless them. :)

What if you can do both :cool:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Mr.PayDay posted:

I mean WTF?

Are you playing on console?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I have a problem

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I'm not sure why you're so weirdly angry about this particular thing but it's pretty goofy.

It's 2016 so the whole umadbro thing is like 8 years old at this point just fyi

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I could say something dumb and glib about it but I'll just agree with you.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I feel like this whole torbjorn thing has unfairly pulled the focus away from my true first favorite pick comma zenyatta

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can you guys imagine how much better this game would be if they made Zenyatta the best support again.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

fadam posted:

Can you guys imagine how much better this game would be if they made Zenyatta the best support again.

???

She's already the best support.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Is that the "immortal Tracer" I've heard so much about

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is the new Tumblr meme pretending Zenyatta is actually a woman now?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Macaluso posted:

I have a problem

You really don't.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
After a few dozen posts asking for Mystery Heroes to be added as a permanent mode, Jeff Kaplan finally seems to agree, although it looks like it'll take a couple months or so before it'll happen.

Jeff Kaplan posted:

Will see if there is a way we can either bring it back more frequently or make it more of a permanent thing. We're going to take a look at Brawls in general later this summer so we'll make sure this is part of the discussion.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745206200#post-14

There's also a bit more reaction to the current state of McCree.

Geoff Goodman posted:

Thanks for this discussion, it has been helpful reading everyone's thoughts and reactions.

There are a lot of good points in this thread so let me just say we'll be watching McCree closely after the last patch and we'll make sure he is still viable, useful and fun to play.

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745534511?page=11#post-219

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jun 25, 2016

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fadam posted:

Is the new Tumblr meme pretending Zenyatta is actually a woman now?

Nah it's just that dude's tryhard attempts to ruffle feathers.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

piratepilates posted:

You really don't.

Yeah? I mean, look at all those hours spent on mayhem-less scrub heroes.

It’s a shame.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Macaluso posted:

I have a problem

looks fine to me

:cool:

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Dongicus posted:

hmm hitscan automatic rifle with no recoil versus single shot hitscan weapon thats difficult to click heads with because the heads on the models are indecipherable due to retarded cluttered designs and weird skins

prove me wrong? i've not played all the maps yet

So is this trolling or genuine ignorance?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

ItBurns posted:

???

She's already the best support.

Do we need to put you in the box?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Night Blade posted:

Do we need to put you in the box?

D-d-don't deal 13 almost 14 thousand damage to me s-senpai.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

ItBurns posted:

D-d-don't deal 13 almost 14 thousand damage to me s-senpai.

Torb is good. You are bad.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
sorry to the cats i was playing that last game with. i was getting all angry and salty and raged out so yeah my bad that was v rude.

happens to the best of us sometimes i am one of the best so i apologize

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

Torb is good. You are bad.

he's alright.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

verbal enema posted:

sorry to the cats i was playing that last game with. i was getting all angry and salty and raged out so yeah my bad that was v rude.

happens to the best of us sometimes i am one of the best so i apologize

i wasn't playing, but i accept your apology and will pay it forward by apologizing to my friend who is a lot worse than my other friends and everyone got really quiet after we invited him

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Countblanc posted:

i wasn't playing, but i accept your apology and will pay it forward by apologizing to my friend who is a lot worse than my other friends and everyone got really quiet after we invited him

I've been that person too and you know 100% why people are quieter :c

GL to your friend on the quest to goodness

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Torb is good and anyone who disagrees is free to duel me.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mercy is still the only hero

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

for noobs maybe

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Roadhog remains Top Cookie imo

but the actual true best hero is Zarya in all seriousness. Isn't like Mercy who I have no issue with on my team as they do the heal and rez etc but sometimes you get that Zarya that just never shields properly ie when your actually shooting at a bad man and you're also taking damage

DeliciousCookie
Mar 4, 2011
It is strangely hard to time shields well in games. My experience has been most of the time, unless the player was already really aggressive, they'll get shielded and run away. Which is annoying as all hell in most situations, but is worse when they're underfire for the first time, and opt to use the shield to retreat at full health rather than fight back.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

fadam posted:

for noobs maybe

If wanting to help heal your bros is noobish, well then I guess I'm a noob.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

DeliciousCookie posted:

It is strangely hard to time shields well in games. My experience has been most of the time, unless the player was already really aggressive, they'll get shielded and run away. Which is annoying as all hell in most situations, but is worse when they're underfire for the first time, and opt to use the shield to retreat at full health rather than fight back.

if you play with other people like a 6 or whatnot it changes very much

did some sick double Zarya last night p sure we both had like 72-76% charge averaged through the match just tag teaming shields with each other and our teammates
mormo was beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

DeliciousCookie posted:

I haven’t found it that hard, as long as you’re using it reactively and not trying to put up a barrier before you get hit.

99% of the time all it takes is waiting until someone starts hitting you or a teammate, then hit the button. Usually by the time they see the bubble and stop shooting, it’s too late and you’ve already got enough charge to melt their face off.

If you try to shield someone *before* they’re actively under fire- either the enemy will ignore them and shoot someone else, or your teammate will inexplicably turn around and run away because shields are scary i guess?