Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Can you pick up someone for $0 in FAAB if you run out of budget and nobody else wants that person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

Can you pick up someone for $0 in FAAB if you run out of budget and nobody else wants that person?

If your league doesn't set a minimum price that should be the case.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The only issue with Harmon's methodology is that the Seahawks are probably going to be passing way, way, way, way, way, way way way waywaywayway less than the "oh poo poo down 30" Jags.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Spoeank posted:

The only issue with Harmon's methodology is that the Seahawks are probably going to be passing way, way, way, way, way, way way way waywaywayway less than the "oh poo poo down 30" Jags.

Yeah, I'm not really buying into that passing offense for current prices just because of this.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
If dynasty people want to sow some uncertainty and make a play for Dion Lewis, or just feel like handwringing over Dion Lewis, there's rumors that Arian Foster is going to sign with the Patriots

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MacheteZombie posted:

If your league doesn't set a minimum price isn't run by morons that should be the case.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

My dynasty league sets a minimum price of $1 and it's run by me. Am I a moron?
We let you keep as many players as you want for as long as you want, but their salaries go up by 10% a year. If you had players kept at zero dollars, you could keep them forever for free. That seems bad.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Leperflesh posted:

We let you keep as many players as you want for as long as you want, but their salaries go up by 10% a year. If you had players kept at zero dollars, you could keep them forever for free. That seems bad.

He was talking about Waiver Wire during the season I believe and not keeper fees between years. I haven't done a keeper league but shouldn't there be a way to set minimum keeper fee without affecting the FAAB waiver minimum?

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

He's talking about being able to use $0 bids for weekly FAAB bidding to pick up players on waivers, not salary contracts. It makes it so if you want to pick up a player but not place a bid, you don't have to stay up til 3 AM or whatever for FCFS to open.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Our salaries for players on the Wire are set by how much you bid for them. So for us, that's the same thing; if you could bid $0 for a WW player, they'd take up no cap space and cost nothing forever.

I thought that was how most dynasty leagues worked, but I could be wrong?

e. We also have no open periods. We run two waiver runs per week, and you can only bid in those two auctions. Having an open period where what time you're online can determine what players you get is dumb in my opinion.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I think this is the point. With FAAB set to a min bid of $0, the "open period" is essentially meaningless (barring random injury) because you can just bid 0 for a player you want, but don't want to spend cash on, instead of waiting until 3am or whatever.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Spoeank posted:

Maybe. But the Seahawks passing offense is trending upwards as of late. Wilson's attempts have increased every year (393->407->452->487). The run game is a legitimate question mark going into 2016 too since we don't really know what condition Rawls is in currently and after him, we're talking rooks and Christine loving Michael. Probably not nearly as reliable as Marshawn Lynch.

If you look at the pace Russell Wilson was on in the second half of last year, things get REAL interesting. He was as hot as Cam down the stretch, averaging 3 passing TDs a game.

Lockett's improvement in the second half was notable as well.

His TD scoring potential is legit given Wilson's great deep ball. A bump in targets in his second year could produce some real interesting results.

FFC has him as a borderline 7th/8th rounder right now and MFL10 data has him as a mid-6th round pick. That's not really a bargain for Seattle's WR2 but I don't expect his ADP to rise as high as Allen Robinson's last year. I don't think the narrative will be there to push Lockett into the 5th rounds in normal leagues unless he seriously impresses in the preseason. But I could see him settling around the same draft tier as John Brown occupied going into last year's drafts. I think I'm buying at that price, depending on who else is on the board. And I'd probably take him before most rookie WRs. I'm definitely buying in dynasty as I do believe he'll pass Doug Baldwin as WR1 eventually but probably not this year.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

If you look at the pace Russell Wilson was on in the second half of last year, things get REAL interesting. He was as hot as Cam down the stretch, averaging 3 passing TDs a game.

This is what worries me about him. He looked great when Wilson was playing out of his mind, but I'm not convinced Wilson keeps that up. It's exactly why I don't believe Baldwin is good for 1+ TDs per game.

Tiptoes posted:

I'm definitely buying in dynasty as I do believe he'll pass Doug Baldwin as WR1 eventually but probably not this year.

From what I've seen people price him at, I really don't think there's any room to be buying now. People asking for an early to mid 1st. If he hits, given the volume I think he'll end up with, I can't imagine any realistic scenario where he'll cost more than two 1sts. He'd have to hit top 10 WR to really get above that, which I just cannot see happening, regardless of how efficient he is with he targets he sees.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Martellus Bennett ain't worth poo poo!!

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Number 1 pick confirmed

https://twitter.com/Rotoworld_FB/status/745668004969615360?s=09

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm drafting future Super Bowl Champion Mark Sanchez and no one can stop me

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Slow Draft II is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3780878&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post461340380

PM me with your e-mail address if you want in.

The Aguamoose
Jan 10, 2006
"Yes, I remember the Aguamoose..."
How do people feel about Brandin Cooks, now that the Saints have drafted Michael Thomas and picked up Fleener to compete for catches?

He's on the trading block in my 0.5ppr dynasty league and I'm on the fence about whether it'd be a good move to try to trade DT plus a pick or two for him, as both seem to be valued very similarly at present. My team is very young and built to win in a couple of years rather than now, and Cooks fits that better than DT seeing as he's about 7 years younger.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

The Aguamoose posted:

How do people feel about Brandin Cooks, now that the Saints have drafted Michael Thomas and picked up Fleener to compete for catches?

He's on the trading block in my 0.5ppr dynasty league and I'm on the fence about whether it'd be a good move to try to trade DT plus a pick or two for him, as both seem to be valued very similarly at present. My team is very young and built to win in a couple of years rather than now, and Cooks fits that better than DT seeing as he's about 7 years younger.

I'd do up to DT + a late 1st for Cooks and feel good about it, personally. Not worried at all about Fleener impacting him, as Watson+Hill got plenty of targets (140), or Thomas impacting him, as he'll be fine to soak up most of the targets that went to Colston+Coleman (116).

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
You guys think there's a big drop off from Julio/Beckham to Hopkins? Hopkins was F'n amazing last year and has been on the rise ever since he got in the league. He also seems to be QB proof. I've got to pick my spot in the draft in a couple of hours. I was gonna go #3 (10 man 0.5 PPR) to try to land Antonio but I don't think that's gonna happen with who's in front of me.

I'm thinking if I pick #6, I could for sure get Hopkins and end up with a better draft picking in the middle of the rounds. What do you guys think? It kinda centers around Hopkins.

Chen Kenichi
Jul 20, 2001

89 posted:

You guys think there's a big drop off from Julio/Beckham to Hopkins? Hopkins was F'n amazing last year and has been on the rise ever since he got in the league. He also seems to be QB proof. I've got to pick my spot in the draft in a couple of hours. I was gonna go #3 (10 man 0.5 PPR) to try to land Antonio but I don't think that's gonna happen with who's in front of me.

I'm thinking if I pick #6, I could for sure get Hopkins and end up with a better draft picking in the middle of the rounds. What do you guys think? It kinda centers around Hopkins.

ADP currently has him going in the 5ish slot, so if that is your target guy right now then unless you know a guy ahead of you has a hard-on for a specific guy like gurley/DJ that is your mark. Slot 6 looks to be DJ/Gurley/AP right now with the top 4 WRs gone in the first 5 picks

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

89 posted:

I like Hopkins from a ceiling perspective as much as JJ or OBJ, but I think his floor in meaningfully lower due to the Osweiler question mark and the idea that BOB and the Texans don't want to throw the ball if they can help it. The Houston D came on toward the second half of last season and while Hopkins was still good, he had a noticeable drop in production as the game scripts changed.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Veritek83 posted:

I like Hopkins from a ceiling perspective as much as JJ or OBJ, but I think his floor in meaningfully lower due to the Osweiler question mark and the idea that BOB and the Texans don't want to throw the ball if they can help it. The Houston D came on toward the second half of last season and while Hopkins was still good, he had a noticeable drop in production as the game scripts changed.

Yeah, this is how I view it. I don't know if I've seen a 1st half of season vs 2nd half of season split to see how he dropped off even last year, but I've got to think the run game takes a good bit of his targets away, as Miller is infinitely better than Alfred Blue. There are more potentially decent receivers too, if Strong or Fuller can do much of anything.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I'm looking more at my selections in the 2nd-4th round being #3 vs. #5 or #6

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I'd rather have #6 than #3 for strategic purposes. There's better value in the top half of the second round than the bottom half/top of the third, I feel.

Although if I can get ODB at #3, I do that every time, but that's just me.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

89 posted:

I'm looking more at my selections in the 2nd-4th round being #3 vs. #5 or #6

I think that's super dependent on the rest of the league in a lot of ways. Are you playing with guys who you think are likely to make optimal picks ahead of you? Or is this like a work/family league?

Do you have specific guys you want to target in those rounds?

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

With your selection of pick, I would have a hard time passing on getting one of AB/Julio/ODB. I thought you said Bell would go in the first 3? If that's true, I would pick 4th or 5th.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

MrSargent posted:

With your selection of pick, I would have a hard time passing on getting one of AB/Julio/ODB. I thought you said Bell would go in the first 3? If that's true, I would pick 4th or 5th.

The two first teams drafting have been decided from the way our league works. Last place from last year gets 1st pick. Winner of the secondary playoffs gets 2nd. Winner gets his choice of pick.

It's a friends league, but it's our 7th year and we're pretty competitive. Not as competitive as a goon league, but it's up there. I am pretty confident Bell is going 1st and Brown is going 2nd from who the guys are that are picking.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

89 posted:

The two first teams drafting have been decided from the way our league works. Last place from last year gets 1st pick. Winner of the secondary playoffs gets 2nd. Winner gets his choice of pick.

It's a friends league, but it's our 7th year and we're pretty competitive. Not as competitive as a goon league, but it's up there. I am pretty confident Bell is going 1st and Brown is going 2nd from who the guys are that are picking.

Then I would take 4th most likely, grabbing Julio or ODB. I would consider 5th depending what you think the person taking 4th would do.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
89 it doesn't matter who you draft because you're going to trade your entire roster by Week 4 anyways.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gobias Ind. posted:

89 it doesn't matter who you draft because you're going to trade your entire roster by Week 4 of preseason anyways.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Gobias Ind. posted:

89 it doesn't matter who you draft because you're going to trade your entire roster by Week 4 anyways.

.....:smug:

I picked 4th.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I'm bored. Someone convince me that DeAndre Washington isn't one of the best sleeper RBs available late in drafts this year. I think I'm already sold on the idea that he'll be a steal.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm actually with you on that, doesn't seem like the Raiders are currently enamored with Murray for whatever reason and I do think that Washington is a great fit for their offense. Definitely a guy I'm targeting in my keeper league.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Working on an opportunity index for WR by analyzing lost WR production and the following teams lost literally no WRs who had a catch for them last season:

Tennessee
Arizona
Chicago
Dallas
Jacksonville
Tampa Bay

The following five teams lost the most FPPG to FA (standard)
Detroit
Cleveland
Cincinnati
New York Giants (Roob WUT)
Green Bay (James Jones :lol:)

1-2-3 not surprising but 4 shocked me. I didn't realize Randle had so much production

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 25, 2016

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Tiptoes posted:

I'm bored. Someone convince me that DeAndre Washington isn't one of the best sleeper RBs available late in drafts this year. I think I'm already sold on the idea that he'll be a steal.

I'm good with that. Other possibilities: Devontae Booker, AlfMo or DMC if he gets healthy, Paul Perkins, Charles Sims (!; is he a sleeper?), Alex Collins, not in that order

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

RVProfootballer posted:

I'm good with that. Other possibilities: Devontae Booker, AlfMo or DMC if he gets healthy, Paul Perkins, Charles Sims (!; is he a sleeper?), Alex Collins, not in that order

No love for Daniel Lasco?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

I'm trying not to give him a MJD comp cause Jack Del Rio is his coach but it's REALLY hard not to when looking at the metrics.

pre:
                                     DeAndre Washington            Maurice Jones-Drew
Height                                      5'8"                          5'7"
Weight (Combine)                            204 lbs                      207 lbs
40-yard Dash                                4.49s                         4.39s
Vertical Jump                               34.5"                          36"
Broad Jump                                  118"                          116"
3-Cone Drill                                7.03s                         7.08s
20-yard Shuttle                             4.20s                         4.41s
Bench Press                                24 reps                        18 reps
Raiders knew what they were doing at RB this offseason. Don't waste money on the position, just scout carefully and find a bargain you like. Marcel Reece is suspended for the first three games too so even if he's just a backup to start the year, he ought to have immediate PPR value.

Tiptoes fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 25, 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
DeAndre Washington help win me a college football goon league despite not knowing college football :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

RVProfootballer posted:

I'd add Josh Ferguson's name to the mix as well. Apparently Chud hand-picked him for the Colts offense with a Sproles-type role in mind.

• Locked thread