Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

1982 Subaru Brat posted:

That's the point, the questions are ambiguous so they can always say you passed or failed depending on whether you passed the actual test (the one involving a paper bag)

That last question they put on the first page is really misleading because they ask "more than 20 but less than 30" and drop the number 20 in there as a trick. I'm pretty sure whether marking the 20 being wrong or right would be the administrator's prerogative.

By the way, Boris gave a speech. A real interesting speech about "let's not be hasty with this" and "UK will also be Europe". You'd think he voted Remain or Stronger In by the tone and content of the speech.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36620139

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

america didn't just vote to gently caress itself in the rear end so i think england can officially drop the "americans are dumb" thing for a while

at least until november

Its not dumb, Frank Luntz is a goddamn genius and it works. Its just bollocks.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Philthy posted:

Or will they double down saying it got better as they eat their canned beans on toast huddled around a trashbin fire.

They don't have to compare it to how things were before Brexit, but to how terrible things might have been if they hadn't gotten out when they did. If they hadn't gotten out when they did, they'd only have half a can of beans, because the darkies and polish would have taken the rest. And they wouldn't get the trashbin fire at all, because the trashbin fires would have been outlawed by the EU. Imagine that, half a can of cold beans in the dark, we're lucky we avoided that.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

the last time a bunch of racists split from a union we had a war, i want a drat war.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Young Freud posted:

That last question they put on the first page is really misleading because they ask "more than 20 but less than 30" and drop the number 20 in there as a trick. I'm pretty sure whether marking the 20 being wrong or right would be the administrator's prerogative.

I'm tut-tuting you right now. Marking 20 would be unambiguously wrong since 20 is not more than 20. :colbert:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

NecroMonster posted:

the test is literally designed to cause poor people to fail, because a disproportionate number of minorities are poor

the real test is whether or not a person knows that the test is garbage
Passing the real test didn't allow you to vote, though.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

I hope it turns out like the ending of that Simon Pegg film The Worlds Ends but instead of an alien it's a bunch of old people with guns like the ending of that Simon Pegg film Hot Fuzz who are so doped up on their anti-depressant meds they resemble the zombies in that Simon Pegg film Shaun of the Dead.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Strudel Man posted:

Passing the real test didn't allow you to vote, though.

did they actually "legally" use that test? or was that just one of the many illegal voter suppression things southern states are constantly loving doing and then denying any knowledge of

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
and then the fat one would be all croikey you dun shot me blooming zombold head off, stromboli

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Make the millenials take the turing test before voting.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
All the British expat women are going to have a hard time having been a strong 6 and turn to a low 4 or strong 3 in many cases.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

man, panel 3: the years since firefly went off the air have been cruel to alan tudyk.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
"Our Kingdom is a leaf on the wind."

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

BY APPOINTMENT TO HER MAJESTY
QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD
PUCKINS AND PRINTERS PURVEYORS

A drat good timg imo

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
YOU hit the POLLING BOOTH HARD while BOOMER collects a PENSION and FUCKS your FUTURE.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
When do I get my share of the £350 trillion a day?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Brenter soon?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Lefties used "Calling people racist for not wanting to be displaced from their own country".

It wasn't very effective!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
Boy, leftists sure are good at coming up with solutions that unite the common people from nailing their own dicks to the floor.

Maybe the central error in the leftist conceit is having too much faith in humanity.

Moltke
May 13, 2009
*shoots own dick off to spite leftists*

haha stupid liberals

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

The Protagonist posted:

Boy, leftists sure are good at coming up with solutions that unite the common people from nailing their own dicks to the floor.

Maybe the central error in the leftist conceit is having too much faith in humanity.

Sounds like penis envy imo

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

did they actually "legally" use that test? or was that just one of the many illegal voter suppression things southern states are constantly loving doing and then denying any knowledge of
I'm not an expert, but as far as I know, such tests were perfectly legal and their design was up to the local jurisdiction prior to the civil rights act.

Interestingly, though, that particular test has been taken down from the place that once hosted it, with a note that "We removed it from this website because it was quite atypical and was probably little used."

There's another one here (from the same site) which is not quite as absurd.

Strudel Man fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 25, 2016

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The Protagonist posted:

even when they're right leftists are usually too busy smugly jerking themselves off and calling everyone else stupid for not agreeing with them to actually convince people that they are right

then, oops, democracy happens and people vote against the smug douchebags

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
As an Internet Communist, I am aghast at what this will do to the stock market.

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

Serviette posted:

Sounds like penis envy imo

Oooh they should use that next to convince whitey how inferior he is to the duskies.

A ILL BREAKFAST
Jun 9, 2007

*unsheathes katana*
boy i sure do love how the leading adjective to describe this is "seismic" thats really cool and not at all stupid as gently caress

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Moltke posted:

*shoots own dick off to spite leftists*

haha stupid liberals

As a liberal, I think people are deeply dumb and bad for shooting their own dick off figuratively, but cool and good for shooting their own dick off literally.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Lol is this a real game or a series of very good photoshops?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
crossposting

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

sincx posted:

Lol is this a real game or a series of very good photoshops?
Real (not-good) game, though I think the breakdown in that first one may be photoshopped.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

Real (not-good) game, though I think the breakdown in that first one may be photoshopped.

What game?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Brannock posted:

crossposting
de boer is pretty cool imo

is boris johnson prime minister yet

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

the chaos reigns fox is gonna be pm

Captain Splashback
Jan 1, 2007

QUEEN ELIZABETH II
SPLASHBACK HOLDINGS LTD

The Protagonist posted:

Oooh they should use that next to convince whitey how inferior he is to the duskies.

I stand corrected: duskie penis envy!

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
yeah, gently caress the ichr, what has it ever done for us, we don't need it.

*tuggs forelock.*

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

frogge posted:

What game?
It used to be called the strikingly generic "geo-political simulator." The latest version is called Power & Revolution geo-political simulator 4

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Young Freud posted:

By the way, Boris gave a speech. A real interesting speech about "let's not be hasty with this" and "UK will also be Europe". You'd think he voted Remain or Stronger In by the tone and content of the speech.
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36620139

All Boris wanted to do was become the PM, now he's worried that tanking the economy to get there might have been a step too far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Brannock posted:

crossposting

Points all worth considering.

• Locked thread