Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

The only way to get better at multiplayer games is to lose, and 90% of gamers don't like this which is why they play team games an shift the blame of loss to other people.

reflections while spawncamped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its why6 i loved dueling in quake. it proved 90% of the time i did lose because of my lovely team mates in other games

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

The only way to get better at multiplayer games is to lose, and 90% of gamers don't like this which is why they play team games an shift the blame of loss to other people.

thank god blizzard has ensured that every shooter released from now on will mimic them in an attempt to chase that sweet Overwatch revenue

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

cant wait for the strict splatoon-like ranked mode so that i can be consistently destroyed by good teams instead of just sometimes, while also worrying about the ladder

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Muh shootmanz theories. Shut up & FRAG!!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

its why6 i loved dueling in quake. it proved 90% of the time i did lose because of my lovely team mates in other games

its why i only play 1v1 games unless its COD because COD is dumb anyway.

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

thank god blizzard has ensured that every shooter released from now on will mimic them in an attempt to chase that sweet Overwatch revenue

Awesome. MOBA shooters FTW!!!

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Muh shootmanz theories. Shut up & FRAG!!!

Thats why I play Quake and not this Garbo.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Thats why I play Quake and not this Garbo.

i bought this because i get tired of playing against wormskull and the other guy on quake live

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i bought this because i get tired of playing against wormskull and the other guy on quake live

Yeah, i mean, not knocking anyone for trying to have fun or a good time online with the lads, so long as its acknowledged that the game is Objectively Trash.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yeah, i mean, not knocking anyone for trying to have fun or a good time online with the lads, so long as its acknowledged that the game is Objectively Trash.

Quake is pretty good actually :troll:

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Quake is pretty good actually :troll:

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

They blurred out the Testarossa

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

theyre testing out the competitive mode in ptr

quote:

And if you play well and win games, the competition will become increasingly fierce throughout the two-and-a-half-month season. Plus, your performance will be rewarded with unique in-game items like sprays, player icons, and Competitive Points (which can be traded in for cosmetic Golden Weapons).

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Im never switching out my Loot Crate player icon for anything

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

WHEN THE RANDO BRUH YOU SLAYED rear end WIT IS STILL ON YA TEAM IN ROUND 2

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

meis ult is the worst thing ever jesus christ

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

every ult is the worst

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

nah a lot of them can be countered or at least reacted to somehow. mei just instantly locks down a huge zone forever and goes popsicle if she takes any hits

reinhardts is another that just happens instantly but at least the enemy team only has a short window to take advantage of it, and rein cant wipe the team by himself

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jun 25, 2016

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Pairing it with 76 or Pharahs ult is a swift way to get a team kill

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im playing mei now...she needs a nerf she is just great at everything lmao

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if anyone gets into the freeze rays radius they are totally helpless

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

im playing mei now...she needs a nerf she is just great at everything lmao

Bobnumerotres posted:

if anyone gets into the freeze rays radius they are totally helpless

sounds like you're just bad, my friend. or rather, the guys you're fighting are bad

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

An easy counter is just to have someone else shoot her while your being frozen

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

i really enjoy how much long term overall damage blizzard has caused the gaming industry with WoW, Hearthstone, and Overwatch.

In Training posted:

You could probably trace the Borderlands, Destiny and Division's of the world back to Diablo II as well

In Training posted:

And the fact that DOTA is a WC3 mod.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

oh yeah forgot MOBAs too. Awesome, Based Blizzard.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mabels big day posted:

sounds like you're just bad, my friend. or rather, the guys you're fighting are bad

idk, even against a target w/ a lot of damage like soldier im this small target bouncing around them freezing them and its super difficult for them to pin me. the only ppl i have to be wary of are mccree who can just pocketsand me and junkrat, everyone else easily loses in a straight up fight. her wall is also really powerful and you can pop them rly often

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

An easy counter is just to have someone else shoot her while your being frozen

yeah, mei falls apart the second it's 2v1 if she doesnt have backup, but you can turn invincible and stall for time for friends to show up. i guess i just feel like her freeze should take longer

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
that ice wall cooldown...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think her ult is bugged because ive seen it completely fail to pop twice today lol

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Mei is also pretty easy to fight if you're more than 10 m away from her.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
zarya's bubbles completely break the slow from her ult and temporarily prevent her freeze so that's useful too

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

well i never play mccree but i guess i do now

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Aston posted:

Mei is also pretty easy to fight if you're more than 10 m away from her.

she has a magnum that hits for 150 on headshots lol

the icewall and heal+invincibility are incredible for being a little poo poo and stalling a point/cart forever. i was just playing with the epic yobgoblin and spent half a match holding up the cart 5v1 for like a minute at a time and they just couldnt finish me off lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

the icewall and heal+invincibility are incredible for being a little poo poo and stalling a point/cart forever. i was just playing with the epic yobgoblin and spent half a match holding up the cart 5v1 for like a minute at a time and they just couldnt finish me off lmao

this game sounds like an incredible dose of aids injected directly into the bloodstream

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

this game sounds like an incredible dose of aids injected directly into the bloodstream

well im pretty good. shes fragile and has low mobility. anyone with high damage can easily kill her but a lot of people that play this cant aim for poo poo lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
who plays on PS4 ?? I wanna get in on that

goferchan fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 27, 2016

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

it's epic

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

its the plague

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Bobnumerotres posted:

our team sucked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I picked up quake in the steam sale and while the single player is just ok (it's so drat brown) I bet the multi is fun. We should get an Imp game going sometime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

goferchan posted:

who plays on PS4 ?? I wanna get in on that

I'll PM you my psn

• Locked thread