Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
D&D was some of the most fun I ever had with my pals, our group leader died though and nobody's wanted to do it again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

ceaselessfuture posted:

A delicious consommé? :confused:

No, no really not.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

:aaaaa:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm not sure why in the year of our lord 2016 there aren't options for varying tiers of raids so that even people who aren't poopsocking turdlords can work towards ultimate rewards at a slower, but relatively sane, pace. even gw1 had normal and hard mode for things, and it worked well

there's legit no sane argument that can be made against this concept that doesn't make someone sound like an rear end in a top hat

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They seem pretty convinced people would leave other MMO's for GW2 when the raids come out, and where quite shocked when their raid numbers weren't what they expected.

I dunno, they upped the EXP and rewards for poo poo, they're probably listening for raids, baby steps.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

i dont think people would be as salty if there was new content other than raids, basically everything besides the raids were rehashed content that they should have gotten right the first time

to me it feels like vanilla wow all over again, where if you didn't raid, you didn't have any content to do, hence my forums angst over everything

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I have a proposal: Maybe it is cool and also good that Legendary Armor is gated behind four months of raiding and also that raiding is super exclusionary, because it means very few people will ever get around to getting it.

How often do you see people idling in LA with Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity? Imagine if every single one of those nerds was also wearing the same ugly boobplate buttcape outfit and farting out whatever hideous night sky particle effects the final version is bound to have? I personally am happy to see as little of it as possible.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

You tried to kill me, but all you did was make me stronger really lovely soup.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Alteisen posted:

D&D was some of the most fun I ever had with my pals, our group leader died though and nobody's wanted to do it again.

i'd say "you're fun at parties" but i guess you don't do those anymore

Orv
May 4, 2011

xthnru posted:

You tried to kill me, but all you did was make me stronger really lovely soup.

You deserve it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kajeesus posted:

I have a proposal: Maybe it is cool and also good that Legendary Armor is gated behind four months of raiding and also that raiding is super exclusionary, because it means very few people will ever get around to getting it.

How often do you see people idling in LA with Sunrise/Twilight/Eternity? Imagine if every single one of those nerds was also wearing the same ugly boobplate buttcape outfit and farting out whatever hideous night sky particle effects the final version is bound to have? I personally am happy to see as little of it as possible.

So you're ok with something that's badly implement because you personally don't want to see it? That's kind of silly.

And being honest here the legendary GS being so common isn't that weird, out of 9 classes, 5 of them can use a GS so its not much of a surprise its the most common legendary.

quote:

i'd say "you're fun at parties" but i guess you don't do those anymore

:drat:

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008
The problem isn't really that all this stuff is locked behind raids, but that the raid system sucks so bad. The fact that there is no high quality group finder, scaling raid size, or matchmaking for this stuff is a big problem ANET needs to get on.

Aug 24, 2011

flexible raids would be nice, just add 15% to the boss hp per extra person so we can bring in the ~15 people who want to raid on a given day

shurnarkabtishutu
Jun 20, 2016

so i haven't played in like forever and i think i'm going to uninstall this game today. i have like 3200 gold on my character that i would like to donate to goons. whats the best way to do this?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Mail it all to me in game imo

Least hassle

Aug 24, 2011

buy the legendary shark spear and mail it to someone who doesn't want it

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

shurnarkabtishutu posted:

so i haven't played in like forever and i think i'm going to uninstall this game today. i have like 3200 gold on my character that i would like to donate to goons. whats the best way to do this?

Give me like the 300g I need to finish my legendary :argh:

Serious answer though if you want to do it fairly you can do it by lottery cletus style? Like for example split up the 3k gold into x groups, assign those to numbers 1-1000 and have goons try to guess what they are. Closest guess gets the money? Would fill up this thread fast though since I think most people want some of that :v: Idk

Edit: Oh and keep in mind the weekly cap on receiving money is 500g.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

How do you even get that much gold. I think the most I had was 150, and that was with some clever material selling with bloated prices.

If I won that kind of lottery, I would probably finish my first legendary as well. As it stands the most expensive stuff will be the T6 materials and a precursor. Should be able to get everything else without too much hassle, and I have stuff like 77 clovers and ascalonian tears already.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'd just turn it all into non-legendary fashion.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Give it to me, I'm poor

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's a trap!

Seriously though, they'll probably just auto ban someone receiving that much gold at random and good luck arguing with support how you totally didn't buy it from some gold seller.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Avalerion posted:

It's a trap!

Seriously though, they'll probably just auto ban someone receiving that much gold at random and good luck arguing with support how you totally didn't buy it from some gold seller.

I remember the good old days when gold transfers were effected between goons with message bodies consisting of "we are guildmates and i am loaning this money for a legendary. please do not ban us"

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Avalerion posted:

It's a trap!

Not true, I've sold gifts of exploration multiple times (500-700g) and never got any poo poo for it. So have other people so I think Anet is less anal about it nowadays as long as the lots are around that size

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

1. Completely screw up the market for one item by buying all of them off the TP
2. Find goons who are making their first legendary and donate what they'd need to make it
3. Give it to me, illuyankas.3210 tia
4. Do this;

Dreggon posted:

only it's impossible as everyone wants Kamohoali'i, so just make it whoever you want to

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Donate to GenericOctopus.7413 so I can convert it to gems for a set of infinite tools. Or so I can make Twilight & Sunrise to sell Eternity. Or the spear thing, it's the last piece of gear on my Rev that's not ascended.

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Illuyankas posted:

only it's impossible as everyone wants Kamohoali'i, so just make it whoever you want to

That spear looks like trash and I have said so since the first time I saw it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Sole.Sushi posted:

That spear looks like trash and I have said so since the first time I saw it.

Clever

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSbuLy9kic0

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Edit: someone already suggested having contests.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I am Lucifirius.3196 and I'd like a handout like the dirty freeloader I am.

No not really but I won't say no to free stuff.

dad on the rag
Apr 25, 2010
Bernie voters spotted. Please build a wall around this threat and demand 10 Legendary Insights for each post.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Equally split the pot between SFD and GOON so each person gets their fair share of like 3.35 gold

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Dreggon posted:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Probably the only sound advice because you can only transfer up to 500 gold a week. If you wanna unload it all at once your best bet is to buy people the expensive bullshit they want and cut out the middleman of giving them the actual money.

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.
I'll take a bifrost precursor, thanks in advance.

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

Generic Octopus posted:

I'm boggled by the way in which you continue to miss the point that it's not just that the armor is behind raids, it's behind 4 months of raids.

So, I'm just curious as to how you see this as any different or worse than the legendary from PvP. That is a single backpack and is behind at least 3 months of PvP (likely more, unless you got legendary in the first 2 seasons) and, it feels like to me, significantly more time spent in HoTM + PvP matches than in the raids. Why does one make people all salty but the other doesn't?

edit: To clarify, I am actually curious about this. I am working toward The Ascension or w/e it's called but have resigned myself to it taking 4 seasons to get, which doesn't seem super unreasonable, although I would have liked to do it in 3. I guess I don't really see the big deal.

Xenix fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jun 25, 2016

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Xenix posted:

So, I'm just curious as to how you see this as any different or worse than the legendary from PvP. That is a single backpack and is behind at least 3 months of PvP (likely more, unless you got legendary in the first 2 seasons) and, it feels like to me, significantly more time spent in HoTM + PvP matches than in the raids. Why does one make people all salty but the other doesn't?

The "solo queue" equivalent for raids means you will not get this done in 4 months at all.

Xenix
Feb 21, 2003

AnacondaHL posted:

The "solo queue" equivalent for raids means you will not get this done in 4 months at all.

Find people you like to play with, and play with them. PvP is a steaming pile of garbage playing solo as well.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Xenix posted:

PvP is a steaming pile of garbage

And thus you have answered your own question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

send it all to Arus.1482 as a thanks for the awesome OP

• Locked thread