Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Jmoyns is the poo poo and I'm gonna miss his music too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Weedle posted:

Is this the way the show is now?

Well that clears things up.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Pavlov posted:

I think we all interpreted the question a little differently

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Pavlov posted:

I'll ammend my response, it's grown over the years but most of the time it's just Finn and Jake on an adventure.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Pavlov posted:

It's definitely different than it was but i'd say season 4's I Remember You is when Adventure Time is crystallizing into what you see in Stakes. Although it varies still since episodes are never tonally consistent between them even now, although this season the show is definitely more serialized than its ever been.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ElCondemn posted:

I'll ammend my response, it's grown over the years but most of the time it's just Finn and Jake on an adventure.

it seems the only time that ever happens is in a D&D themed episode.

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

It's generally less frenetic and more lowkey weird and has become sort of an anthology show about Ooo that's only sometimes about Finn and Jake. I still goddamn love it.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The plot-related episodes are usually decent and they still do plenty of episodes that are just Finn and Jake loving around and going on adventures, and those are always good. Granted, I haven't watched every episode of every season.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Since Stakes, Finn and Jake have been around a lot more, even when they aren't the focus of the episode.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, that was a pretty good episode and it's been too long since we got a Marceline song.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

New episode? Man this thread needs to warn its readers more frequently. I totally missed it.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Alxprit posted:

New episode? Man this thread needs to warn its readers more frequently. I totally missed it.

It's surreal getting into the dying throes of a fandom

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
That was totally lovely, with great songs and a nice little story. Interesting twist at the end with the hint of Sword Finn too.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
That was... a really really good ep...

Ok let's go back to ignoring the show entirely because of its inexorable descent into decadence

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I do not understand CN's schedule. Not even a little bit.
That was a very sweet little episode and Marcy's song was very good. :3:

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

I had no idea a new episode had finally aired. I hope my DVR managed to catch it.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Metalshark posted:

That was totally lovely, with great songs and a nice little story. Interesting twist at the end with the hint of Sword Finn too.

What hint was that?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

RandomPauI posted:

What hint was that?

Sword Finn is briefly shown enjoying the music when Finn is singing with the Music Hole at the end of the episode.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Das Boo posted:

I do not understand CN's schedule. Not even a little bit.
That was a very sweet little episode and Marcy's song was very good. :3:

Here's the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L05DH-MvPeA

And there's this version that's closer to the Adventure Time rendition.
https://mitski.bandcamp.com/track/francis-forever

Paladinus fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jun 25, 2016

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Metalshark posted:

Sword Finn is briefly shown enjoying the music when Finn is singing with the Music Hole at the end of the episode.

Huh, that's what it is? I was wondering why he was shaking his head 'no'.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
AVClub discontinued its coverage of Adventure Time which is annoying because that's primarily how I found out I missed a new episode. This episode wasn't even announced last I checked like 2 weeks ago, the next episode was supposed to be the card wars one. It was good though

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Paladinus posted:

Here's the original.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L05DH-MvPeA

And there's this version that's closer to the Adventure Time rendition.
https://mitski.bandcamp.com/track/francis-forever

This song is catchy af, I've had it in my head since the episode and have listened to it multiple times now that you've linked it!

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
I was jarred by the unannounced use of Mitski but it makes a lot of sense in terms of "'catchy short family-friendly bass-centric female punk song". Is this the first non-lake song the show has licensed?

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

snucks posted:

I was jarred by the unannounced use of Mitski but it makes a lot of sense in terms of "'catchy short family-friendly bass-centric female punk song". Is this the first non-lake song the show has licensed?

There's was also the Cheers theme and Mama Said.

And a Shel Silverstein song (a Boy Named Sue) was originally gonna be used in Dad's Dungeon.

Also the use of a Mitski song was mentioned in one of the crew promo posters.

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Am I going to get yelled at if I believe most of her songs sound pretty much the same?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Since people complained they didn't know it was coming last time, new episode Thursday at 7:30pm est

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
DVD?
That reminds me, it's been almost a full year since the DVD and Blu-ray release of Season 5. Are they going to release Season 6 or are they just going to be digital only à la The Simpsons?

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

So hey, a little existential dread for the kids there.

Cool episode.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
I've been enjoying the past few episodes but I feel like I need a different theme other than characters dealing with changes.

I want more death and end of world drama.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
drat good episode. Jake taking out his finger bone is the type of thing that could scar a kid though

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alia Shawkat sounds way different as an adult.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Jack Gladney posted:

Alia Shawkat sounds way different as an adult.

Thank you! gently caress, that was driving me crazy.

I could have used a little less artsy and a little more fartsy, I love the aesthetics of card wars. Still a good episode and a good message.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

axleblaze posted:

drat good episode. Jake taking out his finger bone is the type of thing that could scar a kid though

I found the way he blobbed back on to his own skeleton to be creepier!

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I like tarot and dumb card games so I think Charlie is my favorite puppy. I was wondering when she was gonna get an episode!

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

I like tarot and dumb card games so I think Charlie is my favorite puppy. I was wondering when she was gonna get an episode!

Have all of Jake's kids now had at least one episode focusing on them (I know TV got 2 but can't remember if any others did)

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Kim Kil Wan got one and Jake Jr did too, though I don't remember if there was one about Viola.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Tenebrais posted:

Kim Kil Wan got one and Jake Jr did too, though I don't remember if there was one about Viola.

Yeah, the Summer Rain one earlier this season.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

Tenebrais posted:

Yes, she had the one about the theatre production with LSP. They've all had episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Now we know who some of the contacts on Jake's cell phone are.

http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Jake%27s_phone

• Locked thread