Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Kelp Plankton posted:

those soulless eyes

I don't want to hear that from some MEI player

Soulless eskimo eyes sizing your melon up as she plunges an icicle into your optic nerve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is ultron supposed to take a poo poo load of time to kill in the age of ultron event? We cleared all the previous areas with silver and gold but haven't even tickled his health.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

No? Me and a team of randoms generally got him by the Gold Timer Limit, or sometimes a few seconds after :orks:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Hy_C posted:

Is ultron supposed to take a poo poo load of time to kill in the age of ultron event? We cleared all the previous areas with silver and gold but haven't even tickled his health.

You need to be somewhat well geared to take him down by the gold time limit, but it's not super hard. They might have hosed up his hp or defense when they added a terminal version, I dunno.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
It feels like the side quests that award those boxes w/ eternity splinters really drag the game out. Pretty much to the point that it feels like i'm playing the game wrong by bothering to do them, it just absolutely slaughters any sense of pacing the game might otherwise have, since you're often stuck waiting for respawn timers and competing with the rest of the players in the zone for a fixed number of object or mob spawns.

Will I regret it if I skip out on the side quests?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This game has side quests?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

OneDeadlyBum posted:

It feels like the side quests that award those boxes w/ eternity splinters really drag the game out. Pretty much to the point that it feels like i'm playing the game wrong by bothering to do them, it just absolutely slaughters any sense of pacing the game might otherwise have, since you're often stuck waiting for respawn timers and competing with the rest of the players in the zone for a fixed number of object or mob spawns.

Check out this post: https://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/9051/alt-guide-rewards-per-chapter-marvel-heroes-2015-patch-1-27-updated/p1

That should be fairly up to date. Most sidequests can be ignored completely, but there are a handful that award skill points or perma health/spirit bonuses that are definitely worth it. You may or may not want to do the sidequests that reward boosts, matrices of unbinding, etc on every single character but you can see where they are here.

note: many of these worthwhile rewards come from main story progression, so there's really even fewer things you need to bother with than it looks like at first

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Mover posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41iFSrjnnrc

lmao

happy anniversary to the ORIGINAL waifu :)

lol that looks like the rogue bug all over again

tsunami slash giving %dmg bonus for each unit of shield rather than each percentage unit of shield

e: oh nm just some TC bug

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

No, they're pretty much only worth doing at level cap when you have nothing else to do or are a few splinters off a purchase. I am an idiot so I've prepurchased all heroes and as a result I only do the quests on characters I've cosmiced just so their quest log comes up all complete.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Oh, kinda digging the new login screen. Lots of eye level bulge action

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Will "Imagine Two Pizza Dogs" fit in the sg name?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Someone in SG chat was heartbroken to discover Lucky was a pet and not a team up

What's pizza dog's Sig, team, don't let me down

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Better question, what's his rogue steal

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
PIzza Dogs sig is that he goes and steals the fighting pizza item from other players inventorys in hubs. it will create a new meta game and currency

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

'

OneDeadlyBum posted:

The eternity splinter box quests are legit terrible and there's not much reason to do them besides completionism. Or grabbing a few splinters, I guess. They can drop multiple splinters, so if you are getting them it might be worth grabbing a ton of them then maxing out your special item find before opening them. But probably not...

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

You need to be somewhat well geared to take him down by the gold time limit, but it's not super hard. They might have hosed up his hp or defense when they added a terminal version, I dunno.

The group I was in wasn't well geared but we still finished all the other stages except the first one with gold. When we got to him we barely scratched him by the time the bronze timer ran out.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Apparently Ultron legitimately had too many hit points (and other bosses might as well), but they've hotfixed the problem.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Are bosses in ICP still dropping cake slices? Want to farm up a bunch of those unique dropping cakes before the event ends.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Tried the most recent Ultron on TC:

Great character right now, shaping up to be one of the best releases ever with many viable build choices. This is the first hero I've ever played from Mr. Gaz where there are 3 or 4 possible build choices I want to try and I can't immediately tell which will be the best or most fun in any given situation.

The bandwidth system combined with his surprisingly large array of cooldown powers and good minions makes for some tough but fun build choices.

Speaking of his minions, right now (and I hope this is intentional) they scale entirely off your PLAYER STATS instead of crappy minion damage equipment. This means you can use as little or as much of the minion system as you want in a build, without losing effectiveness in your own powers. You can make some really good hybrid builds because of this.

He can be played as a hybrid melee+ranged+petmaster and still be really powerful. I hope the final tuning stages don't dumpster him or ruin the possible ways to play him.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

ChaosReaper posted:

Are bosses in ICP still dropping cake slices? Want to farm up a bunch of those unique dropping cakes before the event ends.

I have some unfortunate news for you friend.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Yeah cake volume is way down. I am hoping for a slight drop rate tuning so I and get me 3 more doges.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

I love this game - someone want to give me stuff since everything is almost free?

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
what could he do for your to make him deserve it

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

jujojoh posted:

I love this game - someone want to give me stuff since everything is almost free?

i tole u that in confidence

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

You should buy me these borderline free costumes to spite them

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Is DeathFiend DP's alt account where he cosmics characters he's ashamed of loving?

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Looking like ranged Deadpool is the way to go for the Cable DR scenario.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
So how is Dr strange? He is the only "expensive" hero I don't own.(thank you random boxes) sadly I am getting to the point where random box likely means ultimate token. I figured I may pick up a hero or two with the combined g sale and 50% off.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

xyigx posted:

So how is Dr strange? He is the only "expensive" hero I don't own.(thank you random boxes) sadly I am getting to the point where random box likely means ultimate token. I figured I may pick up a hero or two with the combined g sale and 50% off.

Tell me how you feel about playing classical piano

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
logged in, saw system message that pizza dog livetuned off, got sad, logged off :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Erdricks posted:

logged in, saw system message that pizza dog livetuned off, got sad, logged off :(

Did you look in your inventory you stupid?

:ssh: the motd lied :ssh:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Erdricks posted:

are you british?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Mikemo Tyson posted:

Tell me how you feel about playing classical piano

Eh it depends on how bad it is I suppose. Maybe I will buy ant man or Jean instead lol.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I tried gearing up Magento because he's a cool character with cool moves and here's my scientific opinion:

Mobility: C
Single Target Damage: C
Survivability: D+
AoE: A+
Orb Picking Up: A+
Sig: A+++
Default Costume: F what is this poo poo
Ult: Looks awesome but isn't actually very good

His sig is as good as a lot of characters' ults and elevates him to playable status.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is the login screen supposed to be characters standing in a featureless void with 5 feet of draw distance and if not then what the gently caress did I break

edit: also whats the eta on my fetish emma costume tia.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 25, 2016

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

ICR used his whitelist powers to get super bulge view

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Grinning Goblin posted:

ICR used his whitelist powers to get super bulge view

This. The bulge is actually perfect eye view. Originally it wasn't but our feedback allowed mr Gaz to see the benefits of having the bulge presented at eye level.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Originally the new login screen was everyone standing shoulder to shoulder as the camera panned slowly at crotch level, but it was deemed too intense a viewing experience.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Playing Emma for the first time since her remake and did senior gaz seriously confuse a bitch slap with a pimp slap? Shaking my loving head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Uh emma is a pimp and we are all her frostitutes remember

• Locked thread