Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Amazing post/AV combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Jessica Nigiri is a dumb nom de cosplay. Are there Japanese cosplay people calling themselves "Toshiko Cheeseburger" or something?

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

Jessica Nigiri is a dumb nom de cosplay. Are there Japanese cosplay people calling themselves "Toshiko Cheeseburger" or something?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Scratch Monkey posted:

It's Nigri, not Nigiri, and it's her real name.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Please keep up the good fight. I had almost forgotten how much you hate fun.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elsa posted:

dumb. is yaya?

:psyduck:
No, VendaGoat is melting down.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

kalstrams posted:

This is me.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/AshleyRiotArt/status/746725185106120706?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

all cosplay could be improved with zubaz

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Jamesman posted:

Oh man no wonder she never answers my letters

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
MORE JEEP

I'm needing the owner to finish it up so we can drive out into eastern Colorado and get drone footage of this thing blasting past wheat fields.

Screen-used Dorothy sensor ball. Original battery still works!

And after the blind guy meeting the Twister Jeep, I'd say this was the second best moment of the convention.

Boomerjinks has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Jun 25, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

kalstrams posted:

dammit venda

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Elsa posted:

dammit venda

I'm the worst.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Boomerjinks posted:

MORE JEEP

I'm needing the owner to finish it up so we can drive out into eastern Colorado and get drone footage of this thing blasting past wheat fields.

Screen-used Dorothy sensor ball. Original battery still works!

And after the blind guy meeting the Twister Jeep, I'd say this was the second best moment of the convention.

Why was your guys set up so small this year? Will you have a bigger set up next year at comic-con?

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

Linux Pirate posted:

Why was your guys set up so small this year? Will you have a bigger set up next year at comic-con?

All of the exhibitors had their spaces reduced upwards of 75% this year to make room for more stuff for sale in the exhibit hall. The Star Wars guys and the LEGO guys and the movie car group get our spaces comped by the convention, but it's impossible to set a metric for how much any of the things to see drive ticket sales versus celebrities or the amount of money booths will pay to sell Funko Pop figures. The location wasn't bad, but the map inside the program just said 'CMC' and had a tiny sliver of space marked off, and there were no signs anywhere else in the convention telling people that there was more to see and do downstairs. Everyone we talked to all weekend long seemed upset by the lack of things to see compared to stuff to buy, I'm hoping that those folks send an email or something to DCC, but we'll see.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Boomerjinks posted:

All of the exhibitors had their spaces reduced upwards of 75% this year to make room for more stuff for sale in the exhibit hall. The Star Wars guys and the LEGO guys and the movie car group get our spaces comped by the convention, but it's impossible to set a metric for how much any of the things to see drive ticket sales versus celebrities or the amount of money booths will pay to sell Funko Pop figures. The location wasn't bad, but the map inside the program just said 'CMC' and had a tiny sliver of space marked off, and there were no signs anywhere else in the convention telling people that there was more to see and do downstairs. Everyone we talked to all weekend long seemed upset by the lack of things to see compared to stuff to buy, I'm hoping that those folks send an email or something to DCC, but we'll see.

That V8...... wow.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

LingcodKilla posted:

That V8...... wow.

I'm still pissed at max letting his interceptor get busted (AGAIN) in the movie, after all the trouble you go through to get the damned thing back in the video game.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

wait. you mean to tell me like half of them are the sexiest things ever

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Elsa posted:

wait. you mean to tell me like half of them are the sexiest things ever

I am no longer the worst.

obsolete absolution
Oct 9, 2007
forgiveness is meaningless
We hit up Derby City Comic Con for a bit today. Small, but worth a $20.00 day pass. I got some halfway decent photos from my seat at the costume contest.

She was part of a whole clone wars group (that won best in show) including a pretty amazing Shaak Ti, but it seems when people with light sabers are told "Strike a pose" they actually hear "Wave your sword around!" so I didn't get any shots of the rest of the group.

I kept seeing this guy all over the place, either running very fast or slow motion running, I don't think I saw him break character once.

I really like customized Assassins. This one had a friend with him whose sole purpose seemed to be dying and getting dragged away.

He did the boomstick speech and won best props.

And she took honorable mention for props. She even made the radio!

This guy did his own take on Batman's Scarecrow, with an articulated mouth.

A few more here: http://imgur.com/a/Nq2uw

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

That's a pretty good Piper.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

VendaGoat posted:

I am no longer the worst.

Nno,

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Jessica makes all her own costumes and is more skilled and talented then any other cosplayer, professional or amateur.

Also, I'm a huge prick.

Better?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Jamesman posted:

:nws: Jessica Nigiri :nws:

:nws: http://i.imgur.com/sbCjvIL.png :nws:

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

How dare anyone disagree with the self-appointed king of the thread??? Straighten out some more Dutch angle photos, you'll feel better.

Anyway, some cool poo poo I saw at MegaCon back in May:

Church's shirt says "I'm Church. Keep him."

More here, there were a lot of really great costumes - I definitely only got to see a small fraction of the awesome poo poo people had made. I loved talking to people about their costume work, it's such a good feeling when someone asks you how you made a prop or did an effect and I really enjoyed initiating that conversation with people. Even better is when they'll have that conversation but refuse to drop character.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Who is their pimp dressed as?

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Elsa posted:

Who is their pimp dressed as?

That's Professor Utonium, with Chemical X

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Traxus IV posted:

How dare anyone disagree with the self-appointed king of the thread??? Straighten out some more Dutch angle photos, you'll feel better.

Anyway, some cool poo poo I saw at MegaCon back in May:

Church's shirt says "I'm Church. Keep him."

More here, there were a lot of really great costumes - I definitely only got to see a small fraction of the awesome poo poo people had made. I loved talking to people about their costume work, it's such a good feeling when someone asks you how you made a prop or did an effect and I really enjoyed initiating that conversation with people. Even better is when they'll have that conversation but refuse to drop character.

I enjoy your photography.

Submit yourself to the Yaya lobotomy immediately.

Delight in the fact you are too beautiful for this world to survive.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

At the risk of people getting (ironically?) mad, I have to say the nipples really make this one.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Boomerjinks posted:

The break-out vehicle of our Denver Comic Con booth was definitely the Twister Jeep. This was a huge relief as I was super nervous about whether or not it would be iconic enough to illicit the recognition and reaction that the owner was really hoping for. The movie is 20 years old, and while I think the Jeep is the cooler of the two main vehicles, it definitely has way less screen time than the red pickup. Of course, the thing that makes it recognizable at all was the Dorothy unit in the back, but we had that. I was relieved to hear con-goers immediately reciting lines from the movie ("We got cows" being the go-to) and having people ask to inspect Dorothy and climb into the driver's seat.

But nothing could have prepared us for an interaction about an hour before the end of the con. A woman came up to the booth and asked if her husband could get up close to the truck. My co-founder, who owns the truck, jumped up and happily helped them behind the chain to take a look. I couldn't hear the conversation, all I saw was my cofounder pointing out the parts of the vehicle to the guy as he ran his hands over the hood, grabbed the roll cage and touched all the little gizmos on the Dorothy. I snapped some photos just trying to capture a moment of the owner interacting with an enthused attendee.

My cofounder came back to the table looking like he'd just run up a flight of stairs. He explained that 'Twister' was the last movie the guy had seen before losing his sight. As the owner guided him over the car, the guy mentioned he remembered the yellow paint with blue stripes, the rollcage with three lights, and he touched the cylinder of Dorothy and mentioned all the boxes with wires and the spinning anemometers sticking out of the top.

I could have never imagined this stupid hobby would lead to an experience like that. By far, the single most meaningful moment our group has ever had.

This is a cool story but I have to say I'm surprised anyone remembers "Twister" let alone the jeep itself.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I think this thread needs this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMbLImbrjgQ
I hope you loving die, and I hope you get aids.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Traxus IV posted:

Just put him on ignore and never look back. You'll feel better for it.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dr_Amazing posted:

This is a cool story but I have to say I'm surprised anyone remembers "Twister" let alone the jeep itself.

It was the first thing I saw. Twister owns.

I hope next year you guys are back to the main floor. The X-Wing was kinda neat I guess, but I missed the cool cars.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Dr_Amazing posted:

Food. Foood. Food. FoooD! FOOOD!

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Someone posted this image a few pages back but I just want to say I love it and it didn't get nearly enough love.

In case you were wondering : http://i.imgur.com/s2P142P.jpg

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Dear Prudence posted:

Someone posted this image a few pages back but I just want to say I love it and it didn't get nearly enough love.

I love people who can think this way

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dear Prudence posted:

I posted that. :buddy:

It's from Classic Simpsons Trivia's Chicago branch's 2014 Halloween costume contest and they had a whole bunch of awesome obscure Simpsons cosplay

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 11:07 on Jun 26, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

VendaGoat posted:

This is me.

lovely cosplay, obviously 'shopped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I posted that. :buddy:

It's from Classic Simpsons Trivia's Chicago branch's 2014 Halloween costume contest and they had a whole bunch of awesome obscure Simpsons cosplay
Ay carumba, those are awesome!

• Locked thread