Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MeatwadIsGod posted:

How's Mad Max? I like the Mad Max movies but am not a devoted fan or anything.

its good but it gates story progression behind checklist grinding so it might be unfun to finish like the just cause games that dev is more known for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

How much is Towerfall? I just went and bought it last night. Welp.

vvvvv: Dangit.

Fix fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 24, 2016

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Fix posted:

How much is Towerfall? I just went and bought it last night. Welp.

$7.49

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Zero Escape III comes out on Tuesday, if you have a Vita and haven't played Virtue's Last Reward you should probably jump on that.

But you don't have a Vita. It's probably for the best, but I know I'm excited as hell for Zero Escape III.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

For people serioiusly asking about the Batman dlc, the last release of dlc called Season of Infamy is the only one worth the price, it adds 5 new midgame sidequests starrimg villians that are not in the base game. Really good content

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

If you've never watched the anime and have a tolerance for akihabara culture and an annoying protagonist, STIEN; GATE is a STEAL at 9.99. I highly reccomed it if you are a fan of time travel science fiction, one of the best stories.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Finally Warriors Orochi 3 is on sale.

Hoffadoff
Sep 27, 2008

I Wanna Rock Your Body
(till the break of dawn)

abagofcheetos posted:

Finally Warriors Orochi 3 is on sale.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the vita version of this is any good?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Hoffadoff posted:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the vita version of this is any good?

I got the Vita version when one of the DLC glitched and gave you the Vita version for free with it. It a pretty good version. I never played the PS3/PS4 to see how much graphically it took a hit from, but it looks pretty good for a Vita game. Draw distance took a hit through, but the amount of enemies feel about the same amount the other versions would have.

Basically if you want a portable Mousu game and don't have a New 3DS to play Hyrule Warriors Legends, then I highly suggest this.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah its pretty solid for a handheld version

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
Not sure yet if i regret having the season pass over just the base game. If I waited to get Arkham Knight now it would have been alot cheaper. I did get alot of content for it, I had to delete a couple games to clear out space. which seemed weird since it said I had 10 gb space available. i probably just had too much stuff queued up at once.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

For people serioiusly asking about the Batman dlc, the last release of dlc called Season of Infamy is the only one worth the price, it adds 5 new midgame sidequests starrimg villians that are not in the base game. Really good content

Should i complete the main story line before playing these during my first play through? Also, while its fun having so many bat customs to choose from, I might end up sticking with the vanilla suit so I don't miss all the progressive damage it probably takes.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

So is the WORMS game that's on sale any good? Loved Worms 2 and Armageddon, but they've been pretty shoddy as of late.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I got two $100 PSN cards in the Best Buy BOGO sale but I can't add the 2nd one because it says "The Prepaid Card transaction exceeds the Wallet limit."

If my googling is right, the limit is $150. If I preorder a $60 title would it immediately deduct the cost so I could add the 2nd card? Or should I just stash it in a drawer until my wallet dips below $50?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pretty tempted to buy WO3U, either for the PS4 or Vita, but I dunno how often I'd play it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Syrinxx posted:

I got two $100 PSN cards in the Best Buy BOGO sale but I can't add the 2nd one because it says "The Prepaid Card transaction exceeds the Wallet limit."

If my googling is right, the limit is $150. If I preorder a $60 title would it immediately deduct the cost so I could add the 2nd card? Or should I just stash it in a drawer until my wallet dips below $50?

If you aren't in one of those nice countries with consumer protection, yes, pre-orders automatically charge you.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Left field question -- does anyone with Rayman Legends mind adding me as a friend on PSN? My name is ericiidx. I'm on track to 100% it, but two of the trophies involve beating friends' scores, and none of my friends seem to own the game.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Pretty tempted to buy WO3U, either for the PS4 or Vita, but I dunno how often I'd play it.

It's a great game for remote play, I bought it for ps4 and did the whole story mode on vita.

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

enojy posted:

Left field question -- does anyone with Rayman Legends mind adding me as a friend on PSN? My name is ericiidx. I'm on track to 100% it, but two of the trophies involve beating friends' scores, and none of my friends seem to own the game.

I added you. You'll know my request as I call it Rayman Leg Ends in the message as I am quite the funnyman.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Shnag posted:

Not sure yet if i regret having the season pass over just the base game. If I waited to get Arkham Knight now it would have been alot cheaper. I did get alot of content for it, I had to delete a couple games to clear out space. which seemed weird since it said I had 10 gb space available. i probably just had too much stuff queued up at once.

Should i complete the main story line before playing these during my first play through? Also, while its fun having so many bat customs to choose from, I might end up sticking with the vanilla suit so I don't miss all the progressive damage it probably takes.

I would suggest the vanillia suit for main story stuff because the alt costumes dont do have as impressive effects with the rain.
As for the season of Infamy sidequests, Sure! They designed them so they can be done on a first playthrough, might want to space it out a little though. They are all nlocked at different timesin the main story iirc

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

To the person who said Warner Games DLC is worth a miss, you're totally right. Bought all the DLC for Arkham Knight and Shadow of Mordor and it was all awful. (Great games though )

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

shmee posted:

I added you. You'll know my request as I call it Rayman Leg Ends in the message as I am quite the funnyman.

Got it, thank you! In the event that you're going for the plat as well, I'm also not very good at the challenges (I can't even seem to get a gold yet,) so you can very likely get some victories over me as well.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I own it digital Vita and physical PS4, and I regret nothing. It's a great game at that price.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

MPLS to NOLA posted:

It's a great game for remote play, I bought it for ps4 and did the whole story mode on vita.

Takoluka posted:

I own it digital Vita and physical PS4, and I regret nothing. It's a great game at that price.

Yeah after readin' this I decided to get it for the PS4.

I already have WO3 for the PS3 so I don't think I'm going to buy this game twice.

Remote play will let me play it on the Vita if I feel like doing so.

Guess I could buy Virtue's Last Reward as well, since I loved 999.

Would it be better to get it on the 3DS or on the Vita? Does the 3DS version have touch screen mechanics like 999?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I've only played it on the Vita but it's supposed to be the version to get.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks and OH WAIT WHAT THE poo poo STAR OCEAN IS COMING OUT IN 2 DAYS?

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
You should definitely get VLR if you liked 999, on whichever handheld you usually like better. The 3rd game in that series comes out tuesday too

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

MeatwadIsGod posted:

How's Mad Max? I like the Mad Max movies but am not a devoted fan or anything.

I adored it at full price, 100 hours, platinum trophy, two playthroughs. I still want more. A lot of people poo poo on it, but it's destined to become a cult classic.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Is Grand Kingdom any good? I enjoyed the combat in the demo, and the 4 factions thing is interesting, but I'd rather not throw $50 at another anime trope.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Fat Samurai posted:

Is Grand Kingdom any good? I enjoyed the combat in the demo, and the 4 factions thing is interesting, but I'd rather not throw $50 at another anime trope.

How much did you enjoy the combat? The game is pure combat and the story is almost nonexistant. Outside of the combat it plays like modern mobile games without the microtransactions and action limit timers.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fat Samurai posted:

It feels like a great mobile or hand held game rather than console

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Real hurthling! posted:

Grand Kingdom's lack of cross-save meant I had to pick one platform and stick with it. I felt like I'd get a lot more use out of it in short sessions on my Vita so that's the version I went with.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I only have a ps4 but if I had a Vita I would have gotten it on there. There's even daily login/quest stuff like in mobile games and a quest is like 35 minutes at most with 15 minutes being the average.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I spent $101 early last week during the promotional period with the $15 codes. Does anyone know how those codes would have been distributed?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kalensc posted:

I spent $101 early last week during the promotional period with the $15 codes. Does anyone know how those codes would have been distributed?

It takes a few weeks

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The fine print said it will show up by July 7th.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Ah ok, thanks!

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Yep, it looks like it. I'll wait for a sale, then. Thanks.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fat Samurai posted:

Yep, it looks like it. I'll wait for a sale, then. Thanks.

in between fights it plays like hitman go instead of the usual rpg. its not bad but i don't see myself sitting down to play it for hours and hours on end.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

If you've never watched the anime and have a tolerance for akihabara culture and an annoying protagonist, STIEN; GATE is a STEAL at 9.99. I highly reccomed it if you are a fan of time travel science fiction, one of the best stories.

This. Though Rintaro actually owns. Get Steins;Gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

in between fights it plays like hitman go instead of the usual rpg. its not bad but i don't see myself sitting down to play it for hours and hours on end.

I'm curious: How does the 4 Kingdoms thing work? Do you have several endings depending on which side wins? Can you influence it? There is a Big Bad army that forces you down a given ending no matter what you do?

• Locked thread