Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

Why was Krillin bald again? He has hair in the anime.

I forget, did the anime also have Kaioshin and Kibito defuse, or was that manga only?

I liked the voice they gave the King of All in the translation.

They did defuse in the anime, but it's never really expanded on like in the manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Reinanigans posted:

Why was Krillin bald again? He has hair in the anime.

I forget, did the anime also have Kaioshin and Kibito defuse, or was that manga only?

I liked the voice they gave the King of All in the translation.

Depending on the timeline, Golden Frieza might have been fairly recent in the manga.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

the only real problem with it is that it made hit seem pretty weak. the manga adaption has to fill in a lot in a limited space tho so some stuff was always gonna get dropped

It was not OK to drop Kaio-ken + blue.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mabels big day posted:

It was not OK to drop Kaio-ken + blue.

Yeah it makes me a little worried. If they dropped it entirely in the manga maybe Goku won't bother doing it again :( I don't want it to be a one-off thing like when he used Kaio-Ken SSJ vs Pikkon. That was the move that put Goku over the top as far as the power of the gods, taking it away is lame. It means Manga Goku is still weaker than Beerus.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Goku probably won't do it again because it fucks him up good and proper. He won't be more powerful than Beerus for a long time, if ever.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I really enjoy the non-sidestory parts of Dragon Ball Multiverse but Cold's new form is so complicated that I can't make sense of what's happening with any panel it's in.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goku should never be stronger than the god of destruction, hth

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The fact that SSJGSSJ Kaioken messes up Goku's body means we are absolutely sure to see it again because it's a dangerous trump card now

He might not do it in a tournament but he'll pull out a Blue Kaioken X 100 or whatever against some big threat (black goku)

And then hopefully we get some good poo poo like Namek or the Saiyans or Android Saga where Goku is out of commission for a while and everyone has to struggle without him

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Wow that manga version of Hit vs Goku is kinda lovely.
Vegeta used up 90% of his Blue energy sucker-punching Cabba? What?

Rutibex posted:

Yeah it makes me a little worried. If they dropped it entirely in the manga maybe Goku won't bother doing it again :( I don't want it to be a one-off thing like when he used Kaio-Ken SSJ vs Pikkon. That was the move that put Goku over the top as far as the power of the gods, taking it away is lame. It means Manga Goku is still weaker than Beerus.

The manga has nothing to do with what they do in the anime.

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jun 25, 2016

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rutibex posted:

hate to break it to you but anime goku is also still weaker than beerus

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Shinjobi posted:

Goku should never be stronger than the god of destruction, hth

I agree, part of what makes Beerus great is that he's always the one on top.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Momomo posted:

I agree, part of what makes Beerus great is that he's always the one on top.

It's also neat because we haven't had a character stronger than Goku and not malevolent since the days of Dragon Ball. All the guys in Dragon Ball Z who are out and out stronger than Goku are straight up villains like Raditz, Freeza, and Cell. Beerus is kind of a dick but he's not a bad guy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ammat The Ankh posted:

It's also neat because we haven't had a character stronger than Goku and not malevolent since the days of Dragon Ball. All the guys in Dragon Ball Z who are out and out stronger than Goku are straight up villains like Raditz, Freeza, and Cell. Beerus is kind of a dick but he's not a bad guy.

Beers literally blows up planets and causes genocide on a huge scale.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Andrast posted:

yeah he's pretty cool i agree

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Andrast posted:

I mean, that's his literal job description tho.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Andrast posted:

Yeah but that's part of the cycle of life in the universe, apparently. He's not exactly benevolent but he's not malicious either.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Beerus is absolutely a bad guy. He's just a bad guy that happens to somewhat like the protagonists.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Beerus is literally a cat with godly powers of destruction. Sleeps a lot, eats a lot, has cat tantrums, but can be a chill dude when he's not. Only things missing are the catnip and chasing lasers around-

My god. It all makes sense now.

The laser! It didn't hurt Goku at all, Beerus chased after it and hit Goku in the chest!

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Augus posted:

The manga has nothing to do with what they do in the anime.

What are the creative processes behind the anime and manga, anyway? Did they both get the same general outlines for the plot but told to hash out the details themselves and that's why they diverge like that or something?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I think Goku will eventually top Beerus, but it's nice that there's no pressure for him to do it by the end of the current arc.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Goku's gonna eventually top Beerus because they have ~70 episodes to fill out, and that's before it gets renewed :v:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Goku and Vegeta will eventually surpass Beerus and he'll become the new Piccolo. Piccolo will become the new Tien

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Goku and Vegeta will eventually surpass Beerus and he'll become the new Piccolo. Piccolo will become the new Tien

but piccolo is already the best character

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Super Saiyan 2 Trunks confirmed, trained with the Supreme Kai. Babidi and Dabura were defeated in future timeline, stopping Buu's revival.

Soulja Boy calls himself "Son Goku." "Goku Black" was coined by Future Bulma. Present Bulma thinks "Goku Black" is a dumb name, is embarrassed when Future Trunks tells her that she was the one who coined it.

Soulja Boy is probably going to kick Goku's rear end, based on next episode preview.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

hate to break it to you but anime goku is also still weaker than beerus

No way, Goku gave him a good fight back in BoG. Now he has a whole new form and 10X power from Kaio Ken, which means he is way stronger then Beerus. Goku is at least 5X stronger that Beerus, and maybe Wheese too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

StrifeHira posted:

Super Saiyan 2 Trunks confirmed, trained with the Supreme Kai. Babidi and Dabura were defeated in future timeline, stopping Buu's revival.

Soulja Boy calls himself "Son Goku." "Goku Black" was coined by Future Bulma. Present Bulma thinks "Goku Black" is a dumb name, is embarrassed when Future Trunks tells her that she was the one who coined it.

Soulja Boy is probably going to kick Goku's rear end, based on next episode preview.

Trunks has a great record for stopping villains as long as someone else did it first.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Rutibex posted:

No way, Goku gave him a good fight back in BoG. Now he has a whole new form and 10X power from Kaio Ken, which means he is way stronger then Beerus. Goku is at least 5X stronger that Beerus, and maybe Wheese too.

Goku gave him a good fight in the true Super Saiyan God form. I think it's accepted that Super Saiyan Blue is weaker than Super Saiyan God. They specifically say that the form lets them tap into that power at one point I believe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CubeTheory posted:

Goku gave him a good fight in the true Super Saiyan God form. I think it's accepted that Super Saiyan Blue is weaker than Super Saiyan God. They specifically say that the form lets them tap into that power at one point I believe.

Beerus wasn't fighting at his full power against Super Saiyan God Goku

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

CubeTheory posted:

No the manga clearly establishes that it is weaker.

ImpAtom posted:

Beerus wasn't fighting at his full power against Super Saiyan God Goku

He was fighting at 60%, which means Goku is stronger than him (as he is 10X stronger than he was (at minimum) from kaio ken)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Rutibex posted:

He was fighting at 60%, which means Goku is stronger than him (as he is 10X stronger than he was (at minimum) from kaio ken)

Wait, aren't you using lines from the manga to justify one argument, then using a form from the anime that doesn't exist in the manga to finish it?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rutibex posted:

It was never said what level he was fighting at in the Anime or Manga. Simply that it was not anywhere close to his full power.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

It was never said what level he was fighting at in the Anime or Manga. Simply that it was not anywhere close to his full power.

Beerus said he was using 10% of his power against angry SSj2 Vegita, you can calculate it further from there.

CubeTheory posted:

Wait, aren't you using lines from the manga to justify one argument, then using a form from the anime that doesn't exist in the manga to finish it?

Yes

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Is this the first time Trunks has had SSJ2 since Budokai 3?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

Trunks has a great record for stopping villains as long as someone else did it first.

That also means it counts even if the one stopping them is another villain, I guess.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Raxivace posted:

Is this the first time Trunks has had SSJ2 since Budokai 3?

He had it in Heroes too, but apart from that, yes.

That said I have to seriously wonder what's the point of giving him Super Saiyan 2 now. Even SS3 is completely worthless at this point. Get him even bluer hair please, I want to see my boy Trunks get jobbed properly.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

He had it in Heroes too, but apart from that, yes.

That said I have to seriously wonder what's the point of giving him Super Saiyan 2 now. Even SS3 is completely worthless at this point. Get him even bluer hair please, I want to see my boy Trunks get jobbed properly.

Just so its believable he beat Dabura and co.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sub is up

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ha, I love that they actually mention beating up Babidi and Dabura, as well as giving him SSJ2

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

i like goku black's theme. also i like goku black as a villain. i just like goku black

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Guessing that Kaioshin looking guy from the OP is possessing Goku's dead body and is somehow the god of destruction of that timeline

• Locked thread