Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Heath posted:

texit related: is there literally any factor in texas leaving the US that wouldn't improve the US dramatically at the expense of our worst citizens?

Yes, it would make port access more difficult and reduce the tax-paying and gun-owning population of the US by about 5% and cut off a bunch of manufacturing and research facilities and NASA and stuff like that probably?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN??

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Maoist Pussy posted:

Yes, it would make port access more difficult and reduce the tax-paying and gun-owning population of the US by about 5% and cut off a bunch of manufacturing and research facilities and NASA and stuff like that probably?

okay what if we just deported all the texans instead???

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If I hate Muslims and old people which one do I vote for

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

There are also a large amount of refugee centers in Texas

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

cool and good posted:

You'd just have to replace them with people from Oklahoma or California or Iowa or something.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

vyst posted:

If I hate Muslims and old people which one do I vote for

afaik italian futurists hated everyone over 30. so basically try to find an old-school italian fascist.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Maoist Pussy posted:

You'd just have to replace them with people from Oklahoma or California or Iowa or something.

What if we split Texas into smaller states?

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Who is the 'we' that's going to do that?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Maoist Pussy posted:

oh god, point taken

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
A bit of market volatility is expected, why are people so surprised ?

Nothing worth fighting for is easy in the beginning.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
As an internet marxist, I am very upset by volatility in the capital markets.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

cool and good posted:

I've had a long-standing idea about a lend-lease program with Mexico where we "lend" them Texans in exchange for cheap leases of Mexican oil fields.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Decebal posted:

People are so desperate to be right about "arrrgh racism!" they they are actively cheering for a global depression based on one day of economic volatility.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?

tenspott posted:

People are so desperate to be right about "arrrgh racism!" they they are actively cheering for a global depression based on one day of economic volatility.

https://www.google.com/finance/chart?q=CURRENCY:GBPUSD&tkr=1&p=5Y&chst=vkc&chs=269x94&chsc=1.75&ei=XPRuV-3_GcOxeKmBtYgJ

DOOOOOOM!!!

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Decebal posted:

Except this wasn't worth fighting for. Like at all.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005

Sancho posted:

Who is the 'we' that's going to do that?

There's always some douche bag in California that wants to split it up. Texas should have some guy some where that thinks breaking up Texas will leads the charge into leaving the union. Find him, advertise him, and get a lot people to throw their life savings at him.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

corpuscollossus posted:

Except this wasn't worth fighting for. Like at all.

That's,like, your opinion man. 52% of England want's out.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Decebal posted:

I thought that James VI united the thrones of Scotland and England. How can there be a question about splitting up again ????

The monarchy is a separate issue from the UK. Lizzie is the queen of Canada, but Canada isn't part of the UK. So Scotland could be part of the british commonwealth and keep the queen if they wanted to, but still have their own separate parliament and laws.

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
Are you short sited babies still acting like market correction to a massive change in international relations is some how the doom of England?

P.S. I kind of had the urge to put international in triple parenthesis to trigger a DND try hard. I'm sad we don't have the freedom in GBS to make people like that screech in anger. :(

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

The monarchy is a separate issue from the UK. Lizzie is the queen of Canada, but Canada isn't part of the UK. So Scotland could be part of the british commonwealth and keep the queen if they wanted to, but still have their own separate parliament and laws.

What's the point of the Monarchy then ?

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Britain should just reunite the British Isles once and for all. Just stomp those Scexit and Irixit disuniters into dust and have a modern, unified British Economic Union.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

client posted:

the grammar in this one is so bad lol

They knew their target audience.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

Velkest posted:

How dare you not want more islamic terrorism in your country. What a lack of solidarity, Brits.
I think there were respectable reasons to vote leave but this poo poo by the Leave campaign is vile and you can't possibly claim with a straight face that it's not made to appeal to a rising racist sentiment.

Voting leave does not make you a racist and there were many more valid reasons to vote so. However, racism remains an actual thing, the Leave campaign capitalized on it, and some people certainly voted leave because of it.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

What if we split Texas into smaller states?

Sure, as long as we glass Amarillo out of necessity.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Honestly, while it literally doesn't matter as long as England keeps voting in Tories, the EU rules about deficit spending are stupid as gently caress and need changing badly. Since they never will, I could see why people would want to leave.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
all the country bumpkins and rednecks in britain voted to leave, all the major cities wanted to stay, especially london

fuckin country trash

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it's perfectly okay and totally not a sign of immaturity or ignorance to be mad at middle eastern immigrants for attempting to seek refuge in the countries that caused the terrorists to rise to power in the first place

The countries suffering from European business interests now were powerhouses that made Europe suffer over a thousand years ago.

Frankly, Saudi Arabia is just reaping the fruit that Saladin sowed and it is pretty immature and short-sighted of them to forget that.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

Elukka posted:

I think there were respectable reasons to vote leave but this poo poo by the Leave campaign is vile and you can't possibly claim with a straight face that it's not made to appeal to a rising racist sentiment.

Voting leave does not make you a racist and there were many more valid reasons to vote so. However, racism remains an actual thing, the Leave campaign capitalized on it, and some people certainly voted leave because of it.

Yeah, and a bunch of other people did the opposite, so it all evens out, dunnit.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Watching all the slapfights about racism from across the pond is entertaining as all hell. :allears:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

So UK will go Mad Max on monday after turning their backs on globalists and wall street bankers?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Old british people... acting... racist???????!!!

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994

PathAsc posted:

Watching all the slapfights about racism from across the pond is entertaining as all hell. :allears:

Don't worry man they are pros at prostrating themselves on the alter of political correctness even when it endangers their own citizens:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotherham_child_sexual_exploitation_scandal

by the end of the week next week they will have decided that they just won't actually vote on it and play stupid.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Decebal posted:

What's the point of the Monarchy then ?

Mostly ceremonial these days, but also a final sanity check/nuclear option in politics. As head of state, technically the Queen has to approve every piece of legislation, and just like a US state Governor or President, she has the right to veto poo poo. The veto hasn't actually been done in ages though, and at this point if she denied Royal Assent it would probably trigger a constitutional crisis and could topple the monarchy, or topple the government and trigger a general election, or generally lead to running around with everything on fire. So she probably won't do it. But she could, if legislature did something super retarded and she thought the consequences of the veto would be preferable to letting a bad law pass. But she won't. But she could.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I think we should focus on the real cause of the problem, British exceptionalism. Every loving time Europe unites under a single banner the British go and ruin it. The people's of Europe began coalescing under the banner of the Roman Catholic Church, creating a truly free euro zone with Latin as a lingua franca and christ as a shared cultural touchstone through which all Europeans could learn to treat each other as brethren through.

And then someone hosed it all up by translating the bible into the vulgar tongues.

The death of Europe began in 1522. The last 500 years of history have just been the Occidental Giant slowly falling. When he hits the ground we will all be gone.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

mazzi Chart Czar posted:

There's always some douche bag in California that wants to split it up. Texas should have some guy some where that thinks breaking up Texas will leads the charge into leaving the union. Find him, advertise him, and get a lot people to throw their life savings at him.

Every state has that one guy though.

Hell, there's probably someone in DC that thinks it would be better off without the rest of the union

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
basically,

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Britain is a terrible shithole full of inbred racists, and we are upset that they won't join our union! - lefties

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it's perfectly okay and totally not a sign of immaturity or ignorance to be mad at middle eastern immigrants for attempting to seek refuge in the countries that caused the terrorists to rise to power in the first place

everything is the fault of the monolithic west

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Maoist Pussy posted:

Britain is a terrible shithole full of inbred racists, and we are upset that they won't join our union! - lefties

somebody needs to pay for the refugee camps lol

• Locked thread