Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

quote:

Will you add Feminist dictatorship and Meninist dictatorship?Feminist dictatorship is a governmental form where a feminazi party takes control,feminazism will grow very small in your country if women rights and press rights are at their first,women's rights are at role based and press rights at censored publishing,feminazism will grow a lot if the gender rights and publishing rights are at their last or second last,more if they're at their last,gender rights at promotive equality or feminist and publishing rights at unregulated or responsible.meninism will grow if women's rights are feminist and press rights at unregulated,the public opinion also comes in here,if free opinion is where the public opinion is at,then it will grow,I also forgot to mention feminazism will grow rapidly if forbid hate speech is the level of reform in the public opinion,a feminist dictatorship will oppose all reforms except gender rights.meninism will grow rapidly if you have a feminist dictatorship,but less than feminism when forbid hate speech is the level of reform in the public opinion,it will not always,only half the time.

Last page of that v2 mod recently posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
Lmbo the plaza is a trash heap

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
it would be really interesting, to live in the world that guy lives in

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

it would be really interesting, to live in the world that guy lives in

Just imagine yourself being constantly afraid of everything and hating it because it makes you afraid.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

ArchangeI posted:

Just imagine yourself being constantly afraid of everything and hating it because it makes you afraid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYl68KipxeM

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Oberleutnant posted:

Lmbo the plaza is a trash heap

Balkans earth observation satelite did nothing everything wrong.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ArchangeI posted:

seriously, i love the bizarre form of marxist history that guy has going where after capitilism comes feminism, and then will come the glorious meninist days.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Couldn't the same be said for SA by an onlooker, looking at how we obsess over minutiae of terminology like the use of "collectivism" and "individualism", the representation of "Westernization", and the accuracy of using "galaxy" as opposed to the more realistic "star cluster"?

Viral Warfare
Aug 4, 2010

~~a n d I a m c a l m~~

DrSunshine posted:

Couldn't the same be said for SA by an onlooker, looking at how we obsess over minutiae of terminology like the use of "collectivism" and "individualism", the representation of "Westernization", and the accuracy of using "galaxy" as opposed to the more realistic "star cluster"?

Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug
The term meninism hasn't been used in this thread without irony so no, it's not in the same league.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I am a meninist

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I am a Menshevik.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

DrSunshine posted:

I am a Menshevik.

Boyshevik

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Hello everybody I was trying to mod Victoria 2 and now immigration looks like this. Does anybody know how immigration works in V2? Did Paradox know?

I need help. This is the result of removing every single immigration attraction factor I could find, so I don't have a clue why France is immigrant hub #1 while some countries still get zero.

Slim Jim Pickens fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 26, 2016

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

DrSunshine posted:

No, most onlookers would think that badly spelled screeds demonizing the womens movement are not equivalent to debating the misuse of fairly simple political terms. Though I admit that galaxy/star cluster is in the, mid reaches of pedantry.

Hope that helps!

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Hello everybody I was trying to mod Victoria 2 and now immigration looks like this. Does anybody know how immigration works in V2? Did Paradox know?

I need help. This is the result of removing every single immigration attraction factor I could find, so I don't have a clue why France is immigrant hub #1 while some countries still get zero.

I have no clue how immigration works even after people explaining it to me. In all of my south america runs I get literally 0 immigrants while the US hoovers them up like a jet engine. Regardless of what my policies and such are at.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Odobenidae posted:

I have no clue how immigration works even after people explaining it to me. In all of my south america runs I get literally 0 immigrants while the US hoovers them up like a jet engine. Regardless of what my policies and such are at.

The United States gets a really sizeable bonus to immigration attraction purely for being the United States. It's kind of broken.

I miss the good old days of gaming Uruguay's political reforms in V1 to receive huge tides of immigration and then parlaying that into an industrial boom to turn the whole country into some kind of megacity. Good times.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DrSunshine posted:

No.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

MinistryofLard posted:

The United States gets a really sizeable bonus to immigration attraction purely for being the United States. It's kind of broken.

I miss the good old days of gaming Uruguay's political reforms in V1 to receive huge tides of immigration and then parlaying that into an industrial boom to turn the whole country into some kind of megacity. Good times.

The US gets two decisions which gives big immigration bonuses, but does it also get a hardcoded bonus?

For countries in the Americas, even when all immigration modifiers are removed, I've noticed the same countries getting immigrants. It seems to be the US, Costa Rica, Haiti and the Dominican republic.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Which modifiers exactly did you remove?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Which modifiers exactly did you remove?

All instances of "global_immigrant_attraction", in event_modifiers.txt and issues.txt.
Everything under "country_migration_target =", for each pop type.

The huge numbers are there because I upped the emigration factor in pop_types.txt. I was trying to see if more pops in the emigration pool would cause them to spread out better. I changed this before I removed the attraction modifiers, but the immigrants still only settled in a few select countries. I left the high immigration values in because I assumed they didn't affect where they settled.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

All instances of "global_immigrant_attraction", in event_modifiers.txt and issues.txt.
Everything under "country_migration_target =", for each pop type.

The huge numbers are there because I upped the emigration factor in pop_types.txt. I was trying to see if more pops in the emigration pool would cause them to spread out better. I changed this before I removed the attraction modifiers, but the immigrants still only settled in a few select countries. I left the high immigration values in because I assumed they didn't affect where they settled.

Have you tried just keeping the default factor without modifiers in each pop type's country target??
As in
code:
country_migration_target =
{
	factor = 1
}
Who knows what weird stuff happens under the hood with default values though.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jun 26, 2016

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

GrossMurpel posted:

Have you tried just keeping the default factor without modifiers in each pop type's country target??
As in
code:
country_migration_target =
{
	factor = 1
}
Who knows what weird stuff happens under the hood with default values though.

That's actually what my file looks like. I guess I'll try running a test with default values on, sans global_immigrant_attraction though.

Speaking of default values though, this is one of them.

code:
modifier = {
		factor = 0.1
		NOT = {
			any_owned_province = {
				life_rating = 30
				OR = {
					AND = {
						has_pop_type = labourers
						NOT = { unemployment_by_type = { value = 0.1 type = labourers } }
					}
					AND = {
						has_pop_type = farmers
						NOT = { unemployment_by_type = { value = 0.1 type = farmers } }
					}
					AND = {
						state_scope = { has_factories = yes }
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}
And for the life of me I can't parse it. What does it mean?

ExtraNoise
Apr 11, 2007

DrSunshine posted:

I think this is what bothered me most about all that poo poo chat. I like to think of SA as a safe-space from those grognards but it turns out I was wrong and they just kept going on and on about the stupidest poo poo here too.

Edit: I felt embarrassed by them and for them. I'm sure the Germans have coined a word to describe this feeling.

Samog
Dec 13, 2006
At least I'm not an 07.
"the vapors"

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

ExtraNoise posted:

I think this is what bothered me most about all that poo poo chat. I like to think of SA as a safe-space from those grognards but it turns out I was wrong and they just kept going on and on about the stupidest poo poo here too.

Edit: I felt embarrassed by them and for them. I'm sure the Germans have coined a word to describe this feeling.

Fremdschämen.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

There is not any province with a life rating of 30 and low unemployment in its relevant RGO gatherer type, I believe. The last bit's a trifle odd, though. Can also get out of the penalty if the province has factories and low farmer unemployment, which doesn't make a ton of sense.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

That's actually what my file looks like. I guess I'll try running a test with default values on, sans global_immigrant_attraction though.

Speaking of default values though, this is one of them.

code:
modifier = {
		factor = 0.1
		NOT = {
			any_owned_province = {
				life_rating = 30
				OR = {
					AND = {
						has_pop_type = labourers
						NOT = { unemployment_by_type = { value = 0.1 type = labourers } }
					}
					AND = {
						has_pop_type = farmers
					}
					AND = {
						state_scope = { has_factories = yes }
					}
				}
			}
		}
	}

Up to the last AND scope it makes sense; low factor if there's no good province (liferating 30 or up) with unemployment for farmers or labourers under 10%. Then that last scope adds an "or there's a factory and unemployment for farmers is under 10%" which just doesn't follow. I think the intention might've been for the unemployment check to be on workers rather than farmers? If there's factories with low factory worker unemployment it starts to look more sensible.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
It could simply be an error and the last part is meant to check craftsmen, but the idea might be "If it has factories you could move here and probably convert to factory workers, but check there is not already a chunk of farmers doing that."

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Darkrenown posted:

It could simply be an error and the last part is meant to check craftsmen, but the idea might be "If it has factories you could move here and probably convert to factory workers, but check there is not already a chunk of farmers doing that."

But that case is already caught by the previous line

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I was hoping maybe you guys could recommend me a Paradox game.

I've been playing Stellaris a whole lot lately (which was my first Paradox game) and I am really liking the whole "roleplaying" thing it has going on and especially how it simulates different groups of populations and such.
Unfortunately Stellaris is quite unfinished so far so I was thinking about trying a different Paradox game meanwhile. Which one of the other Paradox games does those two particular things best?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Jack Trades posted:

I've been playing Stellaris a whole lot lately (which was my first Paradox game) and I am really liking the whole "roleplaying" thing it has going on and especially how it simulates different groups of populations and such.
Unfortunately Stellaris is quite unfinished so far so I was thinking about trying a different Paradox game meanwhile. Which one of the other Paradox games does those two particular things best?

It depends a bit on what you liked about that. If you like the role-playing and internal politics aspect then CK2 is very good for that -- you play a king or queen and interact with other major characters in your kingdom. If you enjoyed the characters and intrigue going on and want to see it in a much more developed form then that's definitely the best choice.

You might also check out Vicky 2, but that is a lot more impersonal in how it simulates things.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Jack Trades posted:

If you care about internal politics and the pop system the answer is Victoria 2, no question.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

If you liked the internal politics, CK 2 or Victoria 2 are good. If you want accessibility, stay far away from Vicky 2 and just go for either Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i mean i loving love vicky 2 but it's definitely not for everyone

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Drone posted:

HOI4 has sold over 200,000 copies in 16 days, a mean of 12,500 copies/day.
Stellaris has sold over 500,000 copies in 44 days, a mean of 11,364 copies/day.

So yeah, it at least outsold Stellaris on a per-day basis, but not really "blown out of the water" proportions. I'd love to see what Stellaris's first month looked like compared to HOI4's first month when that rolls around to give a better indication of how they performed against each other. It would have been interesting to see the sales figures if Stellaris's launch were as smooth as HOI4's was.

Didn't Stellaris break 200k sales in like two days?

Also, are we playing the same game? HOI4 AI is hilariously broken so I'm not sure smooth is the right word.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
yeah its literally unplayable isnt it

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

corn in the bible posted:

i mean i loving love vicky 2 but it's definitely not for everyone

It needs a loving ton of quality of life improvements. Stuff like regiments being drawn from specific places is a million times more fiddly than having a manpower pool.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

My rough ordering of current Paradox games from most to least accessible (this does not by any stretch mean best to worst!):

Stellaris
Crusader Kings 2
EU4/HOI4 roughly tied
Victoria 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Drone posted:

My rough ordering of current Paradox games from most to least accessible (this does not by any stretch mean best to worst!):

Stellaris
Crusader Kings 2
EU4/HOI4 roughly tied
Victoria 2

it actually means worst to best