Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Sad Trombone.aif

London markets lose $164B in 600 seconds

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/24/london-markets-take-164b-hit/86336110/

EU referendum: Moody's cut UK's credit outlook to 'negative'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36626201

Brexit: EU leaders demand quick UK exit as economic fallout grows

Two days after UK voters decided they wanted to leave the European Union, foreign ministers from the EU's six founding countries met in Berlin to discuss the speed and strategy of Britain's exit.
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has said he'd like to get started on it "immediately."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/25/europe/brexit-eu-leaders-meet/index.html

You dun screwed up this one big time. you duns it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Wow racist, I just want to enslave all the browns. What's wrong with that? Racist.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Was England doing poorly before they joined the EU? I don't entirely understand the economic doom and gloom, like, England has been chugging along for a hundreds of years, what's different now?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

bongwizzard posted:

Was England doing poorly before they joined the EU? I don't entirely understand the economic doom and gloom, like, England has been chugging along for a hundreds of years, what's different now?

they had an empire then m8

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

bongwizzard posted:

Islam is the future

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I'm a sucker for a good meme.

Aaahhh, now that's a spicy meatball.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Chuck

Tingle

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

bongwizzard posted:

There's a lot of hubris amongst Britain's thicker members, they still believe in the whole 'GREAT Britain' nonsense and think that the UK is a hot destination for all immigrants, despite the fact it's pretty obvious virtually nobody wants to live there. Tourism is pretty much the only thing that is 'made' and it's so people can essentially look at the population like they're in a zoo and pretend that it's the past or something.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Lol at the idiot racists in this thread who basically are using it to laugh at people be a use they even chased out of DnD for being unable to rationally even justify their views.

GBS is being negatively effected by these immigrants posters from DnD, we should vote for a GBSexit

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.
A pro-leave guy on facebook linked this. Not sure about the source, zerohedge. First time I've heard of them.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-25/real-brexit-catastrophe-worlds-400-richest-people-lose-127-billion

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lime Tonics posted:

Sad Trombone.aif

London markets lose $164B in 600 seconds

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/06/24/london-markets-take-164b-hit/86336110/

EU referendum: Moody's cut UK's credit outlook to 'negative'

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36626201

Brexit: EU leaders demand quick UK exit as economic fallout grows

Two days after UK voters decided they wanted to leave the European Union, foreign ministers from the EU's six founding countries met in Berlin to discuss the speed and strategy of Britain's exit.
European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker has said he'd like to get started on it "immediately."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/25/europe/brexit-eu-leaders-meet/index.html

You dun screwed up this one big time. you duns it.

lmao Euro scum are now trying to neg the noble Brits.

We will punish you in every way possible for leaving a organization that provides the greatest benefits to Germany

4outof5
Nov 10, 2003

Leader of the ULT Right.
Grabbing pussy since April 2, 1994
memes??!?!?!!?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's only a loss if you decide to panic and cash out.

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Kitchner posted:

Lol at the idiot racists in this thread who basically are using it to laugh at people be a use they even chased out of DnD for being unable to rationally even justify their views.

GBS is being negatively effected by these immigrants posters from DnD, we should vote for a GBSexit

Can you please rephrase this in proper grammar?

Or are you crying to hard to type?

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

wow an entire 1500 people polled for this table such representation very power

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Maybe more those 18-24 year olds should of voted then instead of crying like the big babies they are?

feller
Jul 5, 2006

USSAr posted:

Can you please rephrase this in proper grammar?

Or are you crying to hard to type?

too*

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

USSAr posted:

Maybe more those 18-24 year olds should of voted then instead of crying like the big babies they are?

maybe you're a dumb piece of poo poo

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie
Why don't we just elect 18 - 24 year olds for every office?!

They obviously know what's best having lived for so long in their bubbles.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

cool and good posted:

I know you're just chichevache posting but this was a dumb post even for you

The Brexit is a consequence of Persian aggression at Plataea, which is itself a response to the Assyrian collapse. Europe needs to present a unified front or else risk being overrun by the nigh-invincible peoples of the Steppe.

Praise God, Putin has the foresight to keep Ukraine from being able to unite under a single tribal leader. I know the mayfly lifestyle of Americans leads to short memories, but we are only 200 years removed from almost 3 millenia of Steppe dominance. The agrarians need to drive the killing blow into migratory people's now, while we still can.

Never forget, the Middle East took 600 years to recover from the Mongol Invasion.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

wtf man do you want to pay $500 for shoes

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Chichevache posted:

The agrarians need to drive the killing blow into migratory people's now, while we still can.

What do the fish people from Skyrim have to do with anything?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Gianthogweed posted:

A pro-leave guy on facebook linked this. Not sure about the source, zerohedge. First time I've heard of them.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-06-25/real-brexit-catastrophe-worlds-400-richest-people-lose-127-billion

Hahahahahhahhaahhahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhhahahahahahahahahha.

Zerohedge are a bunch of goldbugs who hate the U.S. Federal Reserve. Treat it like you would treat Fox News or RT.

Redgrendel2001 fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 26, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
Everyone keeps posting that currency one, but the actual markets seem pretty okay. The FTSE 100 took a bit of a hit, but has already mostly pretty much recovered, and was considerably lower earlier this month than it is now anyway.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A Magical Lamp posted:

What do the fish people from Skyrim have to do with anything?

Their cooking smells weird and I don't want one dating my daughter

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
We must make all decisions based on what it makes the market do in the next 5 minutes.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i'm glad this happened now because the reactions have been loving hilarious

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

"filthy proles! can't you see the stock exchange is tanking! your shares will be worthless!" - the average Londoner scrabbling for a second referendum

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

This is what super confuses me. Before all this happened the internet seemed to be behind neoliberalism and globalization being instruments used to slowly strip away worker rights and grinding the lower and middle classes into poverty, with the EU being the main proponents of it using the economic weight of the wealthier countries to crush countries like Greek into dust with crippling austerity after taking away all their monetary controls leaving themselves helpless to fix their own economy.

Now the UK leaves and all the sudden the EU are the good guys and everyone who wanted to leave are a bunch of uneducated racist hicks?

I honestly don't know which way is better in the end and what the long term consequences of this action are going to be, but the pivoting viewpoints are giving me whiplash.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

Worst trading day since 2011 WHOA drat

Luxury Communism
Aug 22, 2015

by Lowtax
If you're against the consolidation of global capital under (((supranational regimes))), you're probably a racist!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Can you phrase this in a way that the Remainers can understand?

Edit
Nevermind, I just saw your avatar. You're clearly a fascist and they won't listen to a thing you have to say.

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

bongwizzard posted:

They weren't doing too badly, it was just a lot of whining about immigrants (incidentally they bitched about Polish migrants who were doing menial lovely jobs they wouldn't do, but moochers from ex-colonies were OK) and the "terrible hegemony" of EU (read Germany) sucking their hard-earned monies to fund backward shitholes like Romania (never mind that two regions where majority of Leavers were are North England and Wales, the poorest regions of UK who depend on government and EU subsidies). No one yet said anything about if Brits bothered to keep their industry strong then maybe EU wouldn't be able to bully poor little them, because that's how things always go, stronger and bigger push the weaker around. All they had for themselves were tourism and international banking and banking will piss off to Germany now because money rolls where the strong economy based on real production is situated.

Whew, this felt like a DnD ramble but people need to be enlightened, I s'ppose.

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

#racism

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Sancho posted:

#GBSHatesRacism

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

steady posted:

the "terrible hegemony" of EU (read Germany) sucking their hard-earned monies to fund backward shitholes like Romania (never mind that two regions where majority of Leavers were are North England and Wales, the poorest regions of UK who depend on government and EU subsidies).

I imagine the thought process was something like "we're poor as hell and receiving money* just so we can afford to participate in the economy and the EU is still taking money away from us to send it away?!"

*Now, it never occurs to them to ask exactly from where this money comes from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
the country that literally invented monty Python, unironically asks what the Europeans have ever done for them

• Locked thread