Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Krogort posted:

Didn't the yubari just get a crazy accuracy bonus?

Doesn't really matter, it still only has 4 destroyer guns mounted in two, slow turning destroyer turrets, with extremely narrow torpedo arcs. Ship can't decide if it wants to be a destroyer or a light cruiser, and ends up suffering for it in a tier where the Isokaze, Clemson, and Kuma exist; giving it smoke would probably help a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

Krogort posted:

Didn't the yubari just get a crazy accuracy bonus?

Does it matter when the yubari only has 4 140mm guns situated on two turrets? No, I'm serious, it really isn't and I own one. The only thing it does well is poo poo all over tier 4 newbie carriers who haven't yet experienced the aa alert skill yet (thank god wargaming saw the light and gave the yubari that). It is a jap atlanta but without the armor or the hilarious main guns from it. Just a floating aa screen.

That said, ships like the nikolai would probably do well if a yubari paired up with it.

Edit:

NTRabbit posted:

Doesn't really matter, it still only has 4 destroyer guns mounted in two, slow turning destroyer turrets, with extremely narrow torpedo arcs. Ship can't decide if it wants to be a destroyer or a light cruiser, and ends up suffering for it in a tier where the Isokaze, Clemson, and Kuma exist; giving it smoke would probably help a bit.

You can't do smoke, that is the iwaki alpha's trick. And it also got that gun module.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jun 24, 2016

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

JuffoWup posted:

You can't do smoke, that is the iwaki alpha's trick. And it also got that gun module.

Mikhail Kutuzov has smoke as well, as though it needs it, so Iwaki Alpha already isn't the only cruiser with smoke.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

NTRabbit posted:

Mikhail Kutuzov has smoke as well, as though it needs it, so Iwaki Alpha already isn't the only cruiser with smoke.

Saw somewhere that the ranked Atlanta will also have smoke.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Krogort posted:

Saw somewhere that the ranked Atlanta will also have smoke.

loving :lol:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Apparently only 151 people are eligible to get the USS Flint too

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
:siren: Special Modpack Customer Service Announcement !

For supposedly violating game TOS rule 4.04 (something about no bots/automation/afking), WG EU hit Aslain with a 7 day ban from the game. He managed to get an initial 0.5.7 modpack + 2 updates (we're up to v5.7.0.02 as of 06-24-2016) out, but any updates beyond this may be delayed for a bit.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

See, if they ban him for long enough at the right time, maybe everyone will stop using his mod packs, and stop using mods altogether! Then they wouldn't have to find something to make a 50mb patch for once a week to throw the mods off anymore.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.

NTRabbit posted:

Apparently only 151 people are eligible to get the USS Flint too

Being out of town for two full weeks is really hurting me on this one. I want it.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

xthetenth posted:

How the hell do you do non-terribly in the Aoba? It seems like a glass semi-cannon, it really doesn't click for me, especially with the bad arcs on the stern turret and torps.

Same here I cannot get the hang of it for the life of me and I have been trying. It doesn't help when it seems like everyone is gunning for you from the get go.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I found I had to hang back a ways with the Aoba, and try to use teammates as meatshields. I don't think it is the ship it used to be anymore, the Nurnberg and Budy both get accurate guns with flat arcs that do a number on the Aoba from range.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The range on it always feels like it's just short enough to get me to overcommit.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
I play the Aoba just like the Furutaka. It is a glass cannon but it can really put the hurt on some cruisers with AP, its guns are very accurate so it can eliminate DDs with ease, and so long as you arent their primary target it can assist killing BBs with HE spam.

I really pick and choose my engagements and am not afraid to use the high speed and agility to escape when outnumbered or outclassed.

I have had a few successes with the torpedoes while in a running fight but they are pretty hard to bring to bear in any other situation.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Have toyed with the idea of getting a T9 CV for a while but just had a game that persuaded me not too. I've played around 60 games in Shokaku and for some reason MM is very kind to it, I hardly ever see double CV games with T10 CVs. But I just had one vs a Hakuryu and that combined with the insane AA of T9/10 ships just makes that high level CV play no fun. So Shokaku will be my end game for CVs.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

kaesarsosei posted:

Have toyed with the idea of getting a T9 CV for a while but just had a game that persuaded me not too. I've played around 60 games in Shokaku and for some reason MM is very kind to it, I hardly ever see double CV games with T10 CVs. But I just had one vs a Hakuryu and that combined with the insane AA of T9/10 ships just makes that high level CV play no fun. So Shokaku will be my end game for CVs.

For what it's worth, with a full AA spec Iowa (range, BFT, AFT, Manual AA) when a Essex attack me with 2 dive bomber wings, I kill 4-5 planes before they drop and usualy a couple planes manage to survive the whole run.
The CV himself take 0 damage whereas I take between 10k and 30k damage + destroyed guns that will be useless on the next run + bonus fire.
Considering a high tier CV has pretty much an infinite hangar id's say it's quite viable to sustain such trade.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Krogort posted:

Considering a high tier CV has pretty much an infinite hangar id's say it's quite viable to sustain such trade.

That is flat out false. Even the T10 Hakuryu has to be very careful with his planes. The Midway is the only possible exception, its ridiculous 130 hanger combined with the lower number of groups compared to Hakuryu means that it can be fairly flippant in its plane use but i never finish a game with full groups in a Shokaku.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
I haven't played in the last 3 months or so, and I'm thinking of coming back.

Any changes I should be aware of before I do?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Only 3 months? I don't think so, is weather new to you? Some maps have view range altering cyclones that can randomly occur on them now

Arizona is in the game files now, can be seen on the extended tree mod, tier 6, somewhat comparable to Warspite

Wait a minute

...the gently caress is that?

the gently caress :okpos:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

NTRabbit posted:

Only 3 months? I don't think so, is weather new to you? Some maps have view range altering cyclones that can randomly occur on them now

Arizona is in the game files now, can be seen on the extended tree mod, tier 6, somewhat comparable to Warspite

Wait a minute

...the gently caress is that?

the gently caress :okpos:

Last time I played I don't think there was weather no. Not that I can remember anyways.
Also, what the hell is that mod which gives you cool spaceships?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dalael posted:

Last time I played I don't think there was weather no. Not that I can remember anyways.
Also, what the hell is that mod which gives you cool spaceships?

I didn't install any harbor mods, and they're only in New York, I don't know what's going on :stare:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

NTRabbit posted:

I didn't install any harbor mods, and they're only in New York, I don't know what's going on :stare:

They probably have a partnership with whoever makes the Independance day 2 movie.
Its the only thing I can think of.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Here's the thing about weather

quote:

• During the cyclone, the maximum surface spotting/detectability range (ship to ship) is 8 km, and the maximum air spotting/detectability range (ship to aircraft, aircraft to ship, aircraft to aircraft) is 3 km.
  • The chance of a cyclone and its duration are random values that may significantly differ from one battle to another. The Cyclone will start randomly in the time period between the 2nd and 10th minutes of battle.
  • The change from sunny weather to a Cyclone takes 120 seconds and the Cyclone duration can be from 2 to 10 minutes.
  • During "bad" weather, the aircraft carriers will be able to spot only the targets that are spotted by their aircraft or are directly visible
  • Depending on the current weather conditions, the length of the view cone displayed on the Minimap will change to match the spotting range
  • When the weather starts to change to "bad" weather, the following message is displayed: "Cyclone inbound! Spotting range will be decreased to 8 km!" (or a different value, depending on the scenario)
  • When the change from "bad" to "good" weather is complete, the following message is displayed: "Cyclone is over! Spotting range restored!"
  • Moreover, when the weather changes an audio cue is played and the music track is changed as well.

Also

quote:

• Random selection of displayed weather conditions at the start of the battle has been introduced on the following maps: "Ocean", "Solomon Islands", "Strait", "Big Race", "New Dawn", "The Atlantic", "Fault Line", "Islands of Ice", "Two Brothers", "Land of Fire", "Shatter", "Mountain Range", "Hotspot", and "Trap".
  • For these maps, players will have a chance to see various "bad weather" effects (rain, snow, heavy low clouds) during the countdown before the battle starts. After the battle starts, these effects will be disabled and players will see the usual "good" weather.

Aslain's has a new mod that uses torpedobeats to warn me of incoming torpedoes, which is cool.

On the other hand one of my regular mods is breaking port by making a lot of things unclickable after leaving a battle, so now I have to figure out which one it is.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 25, 2016

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Dalael posted:

They probably have a partnership with whoever makes the Independance day 2 movie.
Its the only thing I can think of.

It's a tie-in with the free anime premiums.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

dublish posted:

It's a tie-in with the free anime premiums.

No, it's a tie in with the new Masters of Orion, which is owned by Wargaming.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!
Got back into Tanks, decided to try out Boats. WTF, no British line? That's like not having Nazis in World of Tanks! Hell, they compare half the poo poo that's in the game to British ships in the "explaining the branches" videos!

Speaking of the Nazis, is Tirpitz the only ship in the game that's not a class-leader? Or are all the premiums like that? It'd be cute if it was the latter, I guess, which appears to be the case.

Goddammit I want to play as King George V or Rodney and brutally murder Bismarck, is that too much to ask?

On the other hand, much less temptation to grind everything at once because all of them look cool, I'm mainlining American destroyers (because easy/cheap) and BBs (so I can stop at tier 5 and be my state's navy until they put the Brits in :v: ).

Also I thought gold and free xp transferred between games. Was I mistaken, or did they have that originally and take it out at some point?

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Delivery McGee posted:

Also I thought gold and free xp transferred between games. Was I mistaken, or did they have that originally and take it out at some point?

No, they finally decided no to the unified account (minus premium time) around the time the Tirpitz first launch. Since that was the entire goal of the unified account, I quit for about 9 months.
The honest reason why they have it for Warplanes and not Warships is because Warplanes is lovely and failed (and the servers are gonna be turned off/are off, can't remember) while Warships is doing pretty well. If the player numbers drop on Warships, then yeah they'll probably link them.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Delivery McGee posted:

Goddammit I want to play as King George V or Rodney and brutally murder Bismarckand get owned by turret jams then later get sunk by Japanese aircraft, is that too much to ask?
:same:

Would totes buy a Prince of Wales premium

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
So what's the deal with the Furutaka. It's a glass cannon, you gotta angle (usually while driving away), it can really punish cruisers. But my AP shells don't seem to be doing as much damage as HE :(

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Delivery McGee posted:

Speaking of the Nazis, is Tirpitz the only ship in the game that's not a class-leader? Or are all the premiums like that? It'd be cute if it was the latter, I guess, which appears to be the case.

Most of the premiums are notable examples that aren't class leaders, hence why we got the fjord queen instead of Bismarck as a premium, because they'll need the Bismarck name for the tree, Texas (New York), Indianapolis (Portland), Atago (Takao), all the same.

Exceptions are things that won't be needed for the tree, like Atlanta, Saipan, Mikasa, etc

Also, back in February they had a sneak peak for 2016 video where they said 4 branches were due to be added in 2016, indicating the next tree was going to be Russian cruisers - which we got - followed by German battleships, followed by a new tech tree with two branches that is incredibly likely to be the Royal Navy.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Jun 25, 2016

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I don't think Atago did anything particularly interesting other than getting sunk by a submarine, and Maya actually got converted into a unique ship through refits. Unless Atago is a major character in one of those animes it just makes no sense at all.

Wargaming like their low effort premium ships though, there are an awful lot of identical or near-identical premiums and at least three ship classes where every member is in game.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

loving Brexit..... Is it me or has the price for Dubloons just soared if you opt to pay in Sterling????

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I guess noteworthy was the wrong word, I mean only Arizona, Indianapolis, Warspite, and Mikasa are really historically noteworthy ships, and Arizona isn't on sale yet. Saipan is only there because it used to be in the tree, and they decided to make some money off of it rather than toss it completely.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 25, 2016

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

Burt posted:

loving Brexit..... Is it me or has the price for Dubloons just soared if you opt to pay in Sterling????

Yeah the Quid tanked like a mofo yesterday. If y'all Americans want to buy British poo poo, now's the time.

Edit: applied to the clan, maybe y'all haven't heard that joke. I'm ChillbroBaggins in tanks and boats.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 25, 2016

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

NTRabbit posted:

I guess noteworthy was the wrong word, I mean only Arizona, Indianapolis, Warspite, and Mikasa are really historically noteworthy ships, and Arizona isn't on sale yet. Saipan is only there because it used to be in the tree, and they decided to make some money off of it rather than toss it completely.

If Arizona isnt on sale how come NTrabbit has it in his dock in his screenshots? Also the tier seems pretty high for a ship that is essentially the same as the New York and Wyoming class BBs.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Raw_Beef posted:

If Arizona isnt on sale how come NTrabbit has it in his dock in his screenshots? Also the tier seems pretty high for a ship that is essentially the same as the New York and Wyoming class BBs.

There's a mod that allows all ships in that release's database to appear. You just can't purchase them, only look at their current stats and configs.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Given ID4:R is coming out in just a few days, yes, it's a movie tie-in. You may also notice the World of Warships front page mentioning an "out-of-this-world experience" in NY harbor.

Here's a better look.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Great update.. this is totally random and no idea why the gently caress this happens now.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

demonR6 posted:

Great update.. this is totally random and no idea why the gently caress this happens now.

It's the lane lines, you're fighting in a really big swimming pool.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
poo poo so I am not staying in my lanes is that why I keep getting blown the gently caress up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

NTRabbit posted:

Comparing to the stats, it really looks like a worse new mexico. What is this bring to the tier 6 table that the new mex doesn't already do? Slower reload, lower ap damage (even though it uses the same shell????), lower shell velocity on both shells (same shells as the new mex as well). Same secondary count, but lowered aa emplacements. Even the rudder shift is slower and it has a weaker torpedo belt. The only thing it has over the new mex in stats is increased hp and perhaps a better armor layout since it is 25-343 compared to the newmex at 15-343.

Does it come with a funky skill like aa alert or smoke? No list of torps, so that isn't an option either. Pre-nerf yamato heal?