Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Pavlov posted:

Here is my summary of that comic:

Two entitled rich kids manage to independently misinterpret japan's complex unspoken system of minor social hierarchies into believing that the person who asks someone out on a date first automatically becomes the bitch in the relationship somehow. Both being spoiled narcissists, they each insist that they must be the ones to wear the pants in their future relationship they assume is inevitable. This of course is all just a rationalization to not have to initiate the weirdly formal and overblown way japanese highschool students apparently ask each other out. They proceed to spend the rest of their highschool life playing passive aggressive mindgames trying to convince the other one to crack and appear emotionally vulnerable so they don't have to. Meanwhile the japanese population slowly grows older as the younger generation refuses to have children for some reason.

sounds good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Oh yeah it's a blast.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Davincie posted:

a run down hospital, a detective, a journalist and a priest, a locked room mystery, tales of possession and youkai, get past the admittedly long winded beginning for a good mystery (based on a real novel, and not a ln, wow!!)

Just read the whole thing in one go. It's a very interesting mix of supernatural and science, using the latter to explain the former but not entirely debunking it or dismissing it as nonsense.
I thought I'd hit a cliffhanger since it was listed as ongoing, but it's actually finished, so that was nice.

I felt like it took an ungodly long time for anyone to even bring up the notion that the love letter went to the wrong girl, since that was the first thing I thought of. But unreliable narrator/protagonist, so what you gonna do. And it fits with the whole 'people only see what they want to see' thing.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

DaveWoo posted:

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains

How cute.

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

dublish posted:

Comme c'est mignon.

FTFY

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

I read some of the things in this thread!
Firstly: Helck=good.
Spirit Circle=my feeling hurt
My Name is Shingo=oh god my feelings
The one with the name I can't remember about the golem and the little kid=very pretty, love the world building, wish there was more

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Davincie posted:

a run down hospital, a detective, a journalist and a priest, a locked room mystery, tales of possession and youkai, get past the admittedly long winded beginning for a good mystery (based on a real novel, and not a ln, wow!!)

Huh. My first thought was "this sounds/looks a lot like Mouryou no Hako" and, right enough, it's from the same author. Same series, even.

Neat.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Kodomo wa Wakatte Agenai

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Hakumei to Mikochi

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Magi

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
makoto raiku has a new manga out

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

what the gently caress happened to magi :staredog:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Zasze posted:

I assume zombie apocalypse.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Jose posted:

i sure hope its better than animal land; that was so bad

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zasze posted:

Some pretty wild stuff. I'd say now is a fairly good time to catch up on it since you can blitz the part where things slowed down to a crawl.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Red Storm.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Jose posted:

Intriguing

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I like how his art has managed to not move forward one millimeter since Gash

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

You can't move perfection

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also he hasn't really been drawing many humans since gash bell ended

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Love Buzz (only two chapters out from the existing completed 3 volumes but it shows promise)

quote:

Pro wrestler Fuji Kaoru disappeared one day during a match. Now five years later she shows up again at her old gym unnanounced, with her five-year-old daughter in tow. But not everyone is ready to welcome her back with open arms, especially her former best friend Yuri, whose anger and hurt at Kaoru's betrayal are far deeper than Kaoru ever imagined.

The Hero is Dead!
Idiot loser villager sets a spike pit trap to kill a demon attacking his village, accidentally kills the Legendary Hero with it instead. As punishment, he has to become the Hero himself. Every single person in this series is an idiot, ESPECIALLY the MC, and except the main girl(and sometimes even then).

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 18, 2016

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

AnonSpore posted:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

But for real, his funny faces art is top tier and idk how you improve on that poo poo

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Erg posted:

But for real, his funny faces art is top tier and idk how you improve on that poo poo

3D modeling.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Super Doctor K

Presented without comment.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mikl posted:

Super Doctor K

Presented without comment.

I always said that Alien would've been a lot less scary if Kenshiro was up there with them.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

cat_ownership.tiff

(Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue)

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

DaveWoo posted:

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains

... Well, this manga just took a turn.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the new kid owns

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Prison Princess

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

I thought the second page was a continuation of the first, and he just blocked the ground to negate the fall damage.

There's precedent for that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I can't believe that still exists.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It ended awhile ago.

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

Read Helck.

Epoxy Bulletin
Sep 7, 2009

delikpate that thing!
You can't fool me, that dog is from Cromartie

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Epoxy Bulletin posted:

You can't fool me, that dog is from Cromartie

That's not a dog, that's Piuy!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Mitsuboshi COLORS

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I identify with Kotoha.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

chumbler posted:

I identify with Kotoha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh poo poo I had skipped over that one, I didn't know it was by the hitoribocchi author, picking it up now!

• Locked thread