Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Does anyone remember an LP a while back about this weird Japanese PSP game where you were some kind of office worker in Hell and you had to do a series of deliberately unfun and insulting minigames? I also remember there was a mode where a flexy muscleman would come out and tell you how to cook ramen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Probably Work Time Fun.

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
If you find a good one Vosgian post it. That sounds like it would be pretty funny to watch.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Work Time Fun LP is here (playlist) by twodaylife, I don't have archives to link the thread though

The current Trauma Center LP made me want to go revisit Opendork's Second Opinion LP in the archives, but the videos are dead. Anyone know any other good wii trauma center LPs?

TwoDayLife
Jan 26, 2006

On a two-day vacation
*poot*

Someone Awful! posted:

Work Time Fun LP is here (playlist) by twodaylife, I don't have archives to link the thread though

Here's the thread link:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3415815

One of these days I'm going to get around to archiving it.

TwoDayLife fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 28, 2016

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Are there any good X-com 2 let's play out there? Really enjoyed the Enemy Within one that was done here on SA, but haven't seen one for the sequel yet.

hectorgrey
Oct 14, 2011
Scott Manley (mentioned above for Kerbal Space Program and Xenonauts) has a finished one on Youtube, if you're interested in a video one; not seen anything on SA though. He's not amazing at the game, but he's fairly decent and as the game progresses he cuts out a lot of the boring stuff.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy
And of course Beaglerush has an ongoing master-class one, but he updates very infrequently.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Of the many, many LPs of Dark Souls 3 on these forums, and I would probably enjoy watching one. Blind playthroughs are not my cup of tea however, so could someone point me to one that is fairly through and competent?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Anyone know a good Mount and Blade LP? Especially for some of the more difficult/varied mods.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I am interested in some Sherlock Holmes LP, especially of the sort that explains the logic behind the detective's deductions. I tried to watch a run of Awakened without commentary and got lost at the very first logical leap.

Sjonkel posted:

Are there any good X-com 2 let's play out there? Really enjoyed the Enemy Within one that was done here on SA, but haven't seen one for the sequel yet.

What are you looking for in an LP? I think that when it comes to commentary there isn't a whole lot that beast Northernlion, and he finished X-Com 2.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1bauNEiHIgwSglP-xwKa_pvmd3MycZYa

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Ashsaber posted:

Of the many, many LPs of Dark Souls 3 on these forums, and I would probably enjoy watching one. Blind playthroughs are not my cup of tea however, so could someone point me to one that is fairly through and competent?

DazzlingAddar is doing both! She had her blind playthrough, edited a bit for watchability's sake, and then a more proper informative run that she's updating more slowly, which is very well done.

Zaburino
Jul 22, 2006

VolticSurge posted:

Anyhoo,anyone know of a COMPETENT LP of the new Hitman? It's all poo poo like Jacksepticeye's run-bumbling around like a moron.

I don't know what people here think about him, but I've been following Centerstrain01 for hitman for a few years now, though he's less of an LPer and more of a walkthrough guy for stealth games; he always tries to do as many in-game challenges as possible. For the new game, he's been putting out both livestream dumps of him learning the levels and super efficient walkthroughs.

Sjonkel posted:

Marzobir and ChristopherOdd both have full campaigns on their youtube channels; Odd is on season 3 (after an aborted season two) and, while he is no beaglerush, he is definitely way better than most players.

I also want to echo requests for informative LPs/Video walkthroughs that highlight skilled play or difficult games. I've gone through the recommendations I've seen in this thread in the past few months, but i am always looking for more options. Things along the road of manyatruenerd's fallout challenge runs, or beaglerush, or Zevik's pacifist Dishonoured run. I also really liked the La-Mulana and Gods Will Be Watching LPs from here.

I've basically reached a phase where all I want to see are people playing games I am average at amazingly well, or showing off their deep understanding of mechanics and gameplay. Witty banter does nothing for me anymore. Nothing!

Old Man Mozz
Apr 24, 2005

I posted.
Despite loving to death the first few games, I found Myst: Uru and Myst V: End of Ages to be ... utterly incomprehensible. It looks like there was an aborted attempt at doing Uru, so I guess i'm looking for some quality non-SA playthroughs, preferably both games done by the same person/people

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

Zaburino posted:

I also want to echo requests for informative LPs/Video walkthroughs that highlight skilled play or difficult games. I've gone through the recommendations I've seen in this thread in the past few months, but i am always looking for more options. Things along the road of manyatruenerd's fallout challenge runs, or beaglerush, or Zevik's pacifist Dishonoured run. I also really liked the La-Mulana and Gods Will Be Watching LPs from here.

I've basically reached a phase where all I want to see are people playing games I am average at amazingly well, or showing off their deep understanding of mechanics and gameplay. Witty banter does nothing for me anymore. Nothing!

I just finished watching through Lunathex's exhaustive playthrough of Resident Evil 6 and he takes a very silly B-action-movie-pretending-to-be-a-B-horror-movie and shows off drat near every nook, cranny and counter animation while breezing through the levels. It's not a particularly challenging game, but it's fun to watch him pretty much wring it dry.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Are there any good Papers, Please LPs to recommend? Any format is fine

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Are there any good Papers, Please LPs to recommend? Any format is fine
This one was exceedingly good: http://lparchive.org/Papers-Please/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gracias

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Old Man Mozz posted:

Despite loving to death the first few games, I found Myst: Uru and Myst V: End of Ages to be ... utterly incomprehensible. It looks like there was an aborted attempt at doing Uru, so I guess i'm looking for some quality non-SA playthroughs, preferably both games done by the same person/people

I always stand by Dilandau3000. He did all the Myst games explaining everything in detail. For Uru you'll want his earlier Complete Chronicles playthrough. He plays through the regular ages again with a coplayer in his Myst Online run, but goes through those at a faster pace because they were already covered. You'll want to look through that one for the exclusive online content though. He does read the journals and such aloud, but you can pause and skip around to read them yourself instead.

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle
What have been some of the other DnD/tabletop/dice LP's? I really enjoyed the Syrg et al one when that was made. Any stand-outs?

Dazzling Addar
Mar 27, 2010

He may have a funny face, but he's THE BEST KONG

Ashsaber posted:

Iggy's new thread looks to be going the extra mile in terms of general thoroughness so if mine isn't really doing it for you, keep an eye on his. He did Dark Souls 2 in a similar fashion and it was Quite Excellent.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

DJ Ramshackle posted:

What have been some of the other DnD/tabletop/dice LP's? I really enjoyed the Syrg et al one when that was made. Any stand-outs?

The original Kilobops dice thread is an incredibly good time, but a little hard to navigate. The site is much easier to deal with, but doesn't have everything done in order.

It's pretty good to bring this up now, because the group's back together again and we're doing new stuff, with a new thread and everything!

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.

DJ Ramshackle posted:

Grey Hunter and his group do a lot of various campaigns. They're currently doing a Rogue Trader game that is pretty fun to follow.

DJ Ramshackle
Nov 26, 2009

Not really a DJ

not quite a ramshackle
Thanks, will dive into some of those!

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I can't remember the name of the game that was LPed a while ago - it featured an overworld map that was populated by special items that you planted, and inside each area was sidescroll-y action. There was a crazy complex build order for the overworld map as certain things had to be planted in certain places to be able to access 100% of the content. I vaguely remember it looking like the SNES 16 bit era. Help?

Edit: and I think there were S/A/whatever rankings after the fights

Happiness Commando fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Jul 3, 2016

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Happiness Commando posted:

I can't remember the name of the game that was LPed a while ago - it featured an overworld map that was populated by special items that you planted, and inside each area was sidescroll-y action. There was a crazy complex build order for the overworld map as certain things had to be planted in certain places to be able to access 100% of the content. I vaguely remember it looking like the SNES 16 bit era. Help?

Actraiser, maybe?

http://lparchive.org/Actraiser/

Actraiser 2?

http://lparchive.org/Actraiser-2/

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Nah, definitely not actraiser. Same genre-style though. Maybe 32 bit?

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Happiness Commando posted:

Edit: and I think there were S/A/whatever rankings after the fights

The overworld sounds exactly like Legend of Mana, but not the sidescrolliness or rankings. Any chance you're getting two games combined in your mind? What was the action content like?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The overworld sounds exactly like Legend of Mana, but not the sidescrolliness or rankings. Any chance you're getting two games combined in your mind? What was the action content like?

Bingo. I definitely have some signals crossed. Thank you

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

I'm looking for a LP about an assholishly difficult RPG with a decent explanation of its mechanics. Something along the lines of the old Wizardry 4 LP. Any suggestions?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

purkey posted:

I'm looking for a LP about an assholishly difficult RPG with a decent explanation of its mechanics. Something along the lines of the old Wizardry 4 LP. Any suggestions?

Two that aren't quite what you're looking for, but you might enjoy them anyways: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance by Orange Fluffy Sheep - it's a tour of how he took a moderately easy strategy RPG and snapped it over his knee. Great fun! I think he did similar things to FFTactics and Digimon World, but I haven't read those LPs yet.

And this is further out, but satisfies the rear end in a top hat requirement: KGB, an adventure game that is extremely obtuse and difficult and doesn't want you to play it at all, but these two LPers plow through and entertain the rest of us with a tremendously dark story that ends on a...bizarre note. Worth a look!

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

StrixNebulosa posted:

Two that aren't quite what you're looking for, but you might enjoy them anyways: Final Fantasy Tactics Advance by Orange Fluffy Sheep - it's a tour of how he took a moderately easy strategy RPG and snapped it over his knee. Great fun! I think he did similar things to FFTactics and Digimon World, but I haven't read those LPs yet.

And this is further out, but satisfies the rear end in a top hat requirement: KGB, an adventure game that is extremely obtuse and difficult and doesn't want you to play it at all, but these two LPers plow through and entertain the rest of us with a tremendously dark story that ends on a...bizarre note. Worth a look!

I'm enjoying KGB, thanks for the suggestion!

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

Rojo is doing a luck-build based on high bleed and/or luck-based scaling weapons. He's a bit more youtubey than the usual SA LP (high energy, live commentary instead of post so lots of hems and haws) but he falls into a nice groove after a few minutes into the episode when he ditches his episode-intro script.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773874&pagenumber=3#lastpost

Live commentary on a Souls game is pretty rough, anybody who watched Slowbeef's Bloodborne LP knows how even relatively decent players do much, much worse when their attention is divided, so be prepared to see a lot of missed parries that Rojo refuses to give up on. I've binged all his episodes, though, he's better than most YouTube LPers because he's explicitly not playing it blind, he does edit after a few deaths to a boss in order to cut to the chase, and Fashion Souls is in full effect. He's also currently the furthest along (nearly at the end) so even if you just want a quick go-through of the game so you can better comprehend Addar or Iggy's LPs (both excellent) as they progress, I'd say it's worth a shot. Just keep your mouse on the scrobble bar and be prepared to turn a few 30 minute episodes into 15 minute episodes by skipping the runbacks after a death.

e: I almost forgot what I originally clicked into the thread for.

Does anybody know of a not-terrible YouTube LP (or otherwise offsite LP) of Virtue's Last Reward? I'm considering buying the third game, and I've already beaten 999, but I don't want to jump in to the third game without seeing the second in action. Just as long as the person involved isn't annoying and they don't take 800 episodes to finish the game, I'd be happy.

bawk fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jul 6, 2016

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Here ya go, for your Virtue needs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpzZgwawZ84

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I'm going to include the caveat that it shouldn't be blind, because a blind LP of a game with branching paths is the worst and I don't want to watch 30 30-minute episodes of SGF bumble through room escape puzzles while a twitch chat could spoil it any moment just because it's a twitch chat. I've seen YouTube DR2 LPs with more efficient time-usage

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I'm not sure if anyone even knows about this, but does anyone have a link to a good write up of the populist party from the old Crete LP? I was trying to explain it to someone but I really need some cliff notes or something.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ghetto Prince posted:

I'm not sure if anyone even knows about this, but does anyone have a link to a good write up of the populist party from the old Crete LP? I was trying to explain it to someone but I really need some cliff notes or something.

Barely contained anarchy isn't descriptive enough?

E: Real answer, because I am in fact rereading that LP right now, if you have archives Sniper's legislative summaries will let you get the quick and dirty stuff, I don't know if anyone wrote anything more condensed.

Orv fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jul 6, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Hey.

Leal's really dragging his feet, and I'm jonesing for some Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain action.

Is there a competent Youtube let's player who's done a high-quality run through? My requirements are no commentary over cutscenes, no interaction with stream chat, no facecam.

I know, I could wait until Chip gets on it, but I want to see it now!

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
I'm after some chill LPs to watch in the background I only need to give 20% of my attention to while I play childrens' card games.

Tryhard/Informative rambling on good/interesting games is more my cup of tea compared to comedy on poo poo games, but the latter usually fits this genre a lot better so suggest whatever you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Can anyone link Chip Cheezum's Duck Dynasty thread? I can't find it.