Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
1.5 out, st Pablo added

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kanye playing near me in September. I'm going, hopefully.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

atrus50 posted:

1.5 out, st Pablo added

It's on Spotify too.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Yeah, listening to it right now starting with my favorite song of the album, Fade. It has some pretty big changes, not as minimalist as before. Not my cup of tea, but fortunately both versions of the album are still up, at least for the time being, so I'm cool with it.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Xanderkish posted:

Yeah, listening to it right now starting with my favorite song of the album, Fade. It has some pretty big changes, not as minimalist as before. Not my cup of tea, but fortunately both versions of the album are still up, at least for the time being, so I'm cool with it.

wait what i thought you were kidding but he did gently caress with fade again :psyduck:

i mean it's possible i'm just hearing things but i'm pretty sure it's at least mixed differently. this may actually just be a reversion to the version on 1.0?

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jun 18, 2016

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a list of changes to this version like last time?

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
So I was supposed to see Kanye at the Governor's Ball but it got cancelled. Then at the 2 am show outside of the Vic Mensa show, he got shut down by the police. Luckily he is coming to NYC like three times, hopefully I'll get into one of those shows.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Famous video just dropped and.....well then.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

CaptainYesterday posted:

Famous video just dropped and.....well then.

twitter's about to be LITTTTTTT

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
What the gently caress?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stonk:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
2edgy4me

Edit: Taylor Swift will probably react in typical cool Taylor Swift style, but I feel like Amber Rose is gonna go in on Twitter

Coffee And Pie fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jun 25, 2016

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Kanye is showing boobs and butts. Genius.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
he done changed the game again

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
video of the year

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
is this art

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

I don't even. Kanye is

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
WHAT IN THE gently caress WAS THAT KANYE

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
It's so rapey, he might as well have just posted a video of him jacking off furiously over photoshopped nudes.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches
Being a Kanye West fan owns.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
um so is the only way to watch the video to have tidal?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Name one genius that ain't crazy

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
A cool insight I saw on ktt

"the video was a statement on fame, and the whole ambiguity on if the people in the bed were real or not was the whole point, as we dont know, even in a celebrity's most vulnerable state (them being naked) if they are actually real or if it is just another sort of presentation"

I personally also dig the hd shot of the bed at the end. Immediately makes the exposed and vulnerable Mythic, a constellation of stars. The sister Nancy chop helps the religious air a lot too

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Bigass Moth posted:

Name one genius that ain't yeezy

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

atrus50 posted:

A cool insight I saw on ktt

"the video was a statement on fame, and the whole ambiguity on if the people in the bed were real or not was the whole point, as we dont know, even in a celebrity's most vulnerable state (them being naked) if they are actually real or if it is just another sort of presentation"

I personally also dig the hd shot of the bed at the end. Immediately makes the exposed and vulnerable Mythic, a constellation of stars. The sister Nancy chop helps the religious air a lot too

Adding onto that, I was confused as to why Kanye would rent out a stadium and set up a live stream for a music video but the move really makes sense in the context of the video. That whole quiet section in the middle reminds me of John Cage's 4'33 where the silence of the work forces the audience's reaction to the images onscreen to become an integral part of the piece itself. It's really apparent during the sustained shot of Rihanna's breasts, where the crowd gradually goes from "woooo titties!" to "is that actually Rihanna? what's going on?"

Kanye is our generation's Warhol

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
He should have put Beyonce in it but Jay Z would have michael jackson/prince'd him so whatever.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/746775420024946689

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

deleted it looks like what was it ?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He said something like he was waiting for someone to sue him

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lol got a call from his lawyer squad

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I can't believe he has lawyers because lawyers wouldn't have let him put his imagination of what Taylor Swift's titties look like in a music video

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

setafd posted:

I can't believe he has lawyers because lawyers wouldn't have let him put his imagination of what Taylor Swift's titties look like in a music video

Of course they would, if you were Kanye's lawyer for 20 seconds you would know that he is capable of that AND much more.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

hughesta posted:

Being a Kanye West fan owns.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Does anyone have a link to the video? My phone doesn't do well with trawling random news sites

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

GreyPowerVan posted:

Does anyone have a link to the video? My phone doesn't do well with trawling random news sites

i couldn't find one yesterday i think you're supposed to have a tidal subscription to watch it legitimately

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Correct. I'm sure people know whereto go to find it without a tidal sub if they want to.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I'm surprised people are even talking about this. It seemed very low effort and immature. Also the taylor thing is getting kind of old. Dude was quiet about it from like when it happened until the line and that's partly why it was so good/bizarre. Also including her in the video just seems to be bullying unnecessarily and also cheap like, "oh you like the line well how bout this! I'm bad!"

Musically Kanye is unmatched. Otherwise he is basically the Ricky Gervais of rap.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

rear end Catchcum posted:

Musically Kanye is unmatched. Otherwise he is basically the Ricky Gervais of rap.

(DJ Khaled voice) I like that... I like that

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Gervais is dogshit. Hasn't done anything funny for over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's art

• Locked thread