Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

Its actually quite nice to have someone else to point at and go "SEE!!! THEY"RE MORE RACIST THAN US!!!!!" while we still hold women and children in overseas rape camps detention centres Offshore Processing Facilities...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Powershift posted:

In the last decade, the political landscape in the UK has been quite dynamic, and is capable of being quite dynamic. It's not like the US Where despite sanders popularity, because he only gets 48% of one of the 2 parties, he's completely marginalized. If a populist like sanders could rise to the same levels in the UK, they would gain a reasonable amount of sway in the political discussion.
If Corbyn were Sanders (as opposed to being something like what Sanders is accused of being by the American right), he'd probably get elected.

Ferremit posted:

Its actually quite nice to have someone else to point at and go "SEE!!! THEY"RE MORE RACIST THAN US!!!!!" while we still hold women and children in overseas rape camps detention centres Offshore Processing Facilities...
Oh, you want to talk "Supposedly Undesireable People In Camps"?

You know how there are all those migrants which, yes, a lot of people voting leave wanted to keep out the UK? And there's a lot of them near the border in France, like at Calais?

Well, none of these people thought about why they're in France. It's because of a thing called the Le Touquet Treaty, whereby Britain and France agree to operate border control on each other's side of the channel, so the French can stop people they don't want from getting into France before they leave the UK, and the UK can do likewise.

Guess what the French have just said?

And so, the people who are racist, who did vote based on Keep The Furners Out, who do think that these camps represented an imminent horde that's a massive threat, have just caused the removal of the biggest impediment to any illegal immigration from them, the fact they were twenty miles away across the loving channel.

There's slamming your dick in the car door, and then there's making every effort to smack it into a bollard on each opening as you go for that extra hard swing.

To be not only racist, or stupid, but racist, stupid, and enact your racist stupidity in such a way as to stupidly undermine your own racist ideas.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

The tread title has been prophetic. Corn nailed it. Yes, bigotry and ignorance played a part in this clusterfuck. But what corn outlined allowed that to blossom into what happened on Thursday. Ordinary people do hosed up things when hosed up things become ordinary. The fact that many of the people that caused this to happen will be those most hurt by it is a tragedy is not something to be gloated over and I think the reaction I've seen has mostly reflected that, if interspersed with some serious frustration.

stump fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Jun 26, 2016

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Powershift posted:

It's clearly happening in areas of canada, too. Real estate being treated as an economic driver, when it results in an affordable housing crisis that starts eating into every other sector of the economy, foreign investment, specifically chinese, is blamed.

Just want to say this is astoundingly, incredibly similar to what's happening in NZ right now, even down to blaming the chinese.

Enourmo posted:

I can't believe the UK has, at least temporarily, upstaged the dumpster fire that is the US presidential elections.

And this. Hit the nail on the head and I'm glad that, at least for a few days, I don't get 'you wont BELIEVE this OUTRAGEOUS thing TRUMP SAID!!!!!!' in every form of media.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I... I appreciate corn in the fridge.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I think we all need to focus on what is truly important in the world right now, and that is this:

Stubby Bob is :aaaaa:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Boris seems the type of chap who'd gently caress a pig.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Ozmiander posted:

Driving down? I'll take you out on your way down/back.

A-firm. I'll be on irc for part of the morning Monday, driving down then back Thursday morning. I'll try and catch up with you somewhere in there and see if we can make that happen.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
So, I don't know what the gently caress is in the air tonight but at the dirt track so far there's been three massive wrecks and dudes are straight trying to hit each other.

....it's awesome.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

iwentdoodie posted:

So, I don't know what the gently caress is in the air tonight but at the dirt track so far there's been three massive wrecks and dudes are straight trying to hit each other.

....it's awesome.

I went to the local dirt track/eigth-mile drag strip for the first time with my boss and a coworker the other week and it was a hilarious amount of fun. I can't believe I've lived 25 minutes away from that place for 16 years and have never gone before. Between drinking beers in the parking lot and trying not to be seen (no alcohol on the premises, apparently my boss doesn't give a single gently caress) and the cars (good lord those fuckers can hustle on dirt) and the variety of food you could get with chili and cheese on top I was in loving heaven.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If your piece of poo poo kid kicks my beer over because you're a lovely loving parent, you owe me a beer not a shrug.

This is why I loving loathe places with children, and parents.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

iwentdoodie posted:

If your piece of poo poo kid kicks my beer over because you're a lovely loving parent, you owe me a beer not a shrug.

Kids are terrible. One of my friend's 17 year old son ran his mouth to a dude on Facebook and that guy showed up at their family owned store today looking to beat the kids rear end. His mom talked the dude down but holy poo poo, way to piss a dude off and leave him everything he needs to find you kid.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Being mad enough to beat up a minor is a lovely adult, far worse than an annoying teenager.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

If a teenager saying mean words on the internet actually got a grown man to show up anywhere other than a liquor store then I am v impressed

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Tusen Takk posted:

If a teenager saying mean words on the internet actually got a grown man to show up anywhere other than a liquor store then I am v impressed

I can only assume it was the poor man's first exposure to the internet.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, apparently the spray wax I used hates extremely high humidity and wouldn't dry properly, so now it looks like poo poo. There goes 3 hours of washing, clay baring and polishing before I started waxing.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

You should do like me and resign yourself to having a lovely looking car

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

gently caress that, I'll keep smashing headlong into this wall until something gives. Probably my skull, but whatever.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I think when I finally pay off my studen loans and can get a new car, I'm going to tear the engine out to put in a sandrail then donate the Saturn to become one with a reef somewhere

It'll be sweet to have a wicked light roll cage death machine with 250whp

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

iwentdoodie posted:

Saw a guy towing a boat and his trailer lights didn't work, you couldn't see the back of his truck at all. Got next to him at a red light, and rolled my window down.

His was already down, so I just said "hey man, your trailer lights aren't working."

"Mind your own loving business dickhead."

I hope a semi rear end packs you, you gibbering loving cockwobble.

Just wanted to let you know I added "gibbering loving cockwobble" to my database of creative swear words.
And yeah, he was a <looks at list> pisslicking cuntnugget wankstain.

Terribly late, but what the gently caress, Britain? Or, I guess, more accurately: old British fucks?

Pham Nuwen posted:

The 280ZX just ran for the first time in 10 years. Think I'll get drunk tonight to celebrate.

Oh, dang, need to get caught up on your thread.

Watched the 1969 version of "The Italian Job" the other night. Man, they started that movie of with some sweet Lambo noises and windy roads - and then I had to cry a little. Mini Coopers were great. Painful when the Mafia wrecked the "fast cars".

Tusen Takk posted:

poo poo, half 3/4 of my cars are several different colors, much less shiny and/or waxed.

edit: drinking some Jim Beam honey after spending the day doing some handyman work for my step-mother-in-law, and repacking the bearings my buddy's trailer (that I've used more than hime. My way of paying for the privilege.)

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jun 26, 2016

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Tusen Takk posted:

I washed my Commodore for the first time since I owned it. 3.5 years of dirt is surprisingly hard to remove.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Short video from the track tonight. Cars and trucks hitting each other is always a pro.

https://youtu.be/xjbRFweRMyk

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

iwentdoodie posted:

Short video from the track tonight. Cars and trucks hitting each other is always a pro.

https://youtu.be/xjbRFweRMyk

I have no idea what sort of class that was supposed to be, but it looks like a great time.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

I washed my Commodore for the first time since I owned it. 3.5 years of dirt is surprisingly hard to remove.

I'll bet it still looks like a commodore though.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

From an old friend of mine on fb:

quote:

To my UK friends & relatives.
48% represents what, over 25.000 million people. That's about the population of Australia. So why don't we buy an island, move there & start a new country. We could live on chicken tikka masala, steak & kidney pies, cheeseburgers & shrimps on the barbee! Then we could leave behind the 52% of wankers to marinate in their xenophobia, closed minded bigotry, to be led by the nose by blundering Boris & that git, Nigel Farage

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

meatpimp posted:

From an old friend of mine on fb:

Yeah, the Australians have no issues with racism or xenophobia

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Locator posted:

I have no idea what sort of class that was supposed to be, but it looks like a great time.

It's demo cross. So basically run what ya brung. That's actually only half the field, also.

Their main has water bartels, tires, boats, jet skis and wrecked cars on the track as obstacles.

The night is figure 8s, trailer figure 8s, and then that. It's glorious and just makes you sit there laughing and pointing all night.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Lol, it's usually a good idea to hold your beer with kids around, but if my son ever did that I'd at least buy the person a beer.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

leica posted:

Lol, it's usually a good idea to hold your beer with kids around, but if my son ever did that I'd at least buy the person a beer.

I'd hope so, that's just being a person. Unfortunately, a lot of people lack even that basic amount of responsibility.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

It was sitting on the bleacher between my wife and I, not in a normal path. The kid came running by and was flailing toys and hitting poo poo while the mom said "stop. If you don't stop you'll be in timeout."

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

iwentdoodie posted:

It was sitting on the bleacher between my wife and I, not in a normal path. The kid came running by and was flailing toys and hitting poo poo while the mom said "stop. If you don't stop you'll be in timeout."

And yet if you broke his toy, they'd call you sociopath

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So then the next beer you accidentally spill the entirety down mom's back. And then give her the same 'lol sorry what can you do' dopey smile and shrug.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Just checking in from FL360 to say that A) Spain is pretty awesome when you have your own mansion in the mountains with a view of the Mediterranean and seven bottles of gin, and B) sorry to all Brit goons that you now have to deal with all this bullshit, but extremely interesting nonetheless to hear your take on it.

Also, rental car was a Yaris Hybrid. Still a Toyota, but pretty loving snazzy tech, and very good mileage.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Running around on the bleachers at a race? I don't know why people even bother bringing their kids to public places if they can't sit still. My son doesn't leave his loving seat, if he doesn't like it tough poo poo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

i havent washed my redline in two years and it's incredibly liberating

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

And yet if you broke his toy, they'd call you sociopath

I saw something like this happen at a football game. Kid kept bashing his toy car into the guy in front of him and the dude calmly turned around, took the car and chucked it over the bleachers. Dude was like 6'5" and 300lbs. Kid's dad was a tiny little hipster and said nothing.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Tusen Takk posted:

On the other hand, lovely teenagers experiencing no consequences for running off at the mouth is how you get lovely adults who say and treat other people with no respect or thought to potential consequences and end up with someone who won't take their poo poo stabbing them in the kidney. I'm not saying it's the only way, but it's definitely one of the ways.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Indy race at Road America was pretty cool, can't wait for the return to Watkins Glen about drat time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Indy race at Road America was pretty cool, can't wait for the return to Watkins Glen about drat time.

Nascar at sears point Sonoma is also starting right now.

I love Sundays like this. Had all the MotoGP series to watch first thing, then Indy, now this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MotoGP was awesome, all the races I've seen this year have been on par with old school F1. Just great adrenaline pumping stuff.

• Locked thread