Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Portable Toilets by Tom Olson, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

P6240316.jpg

P6240309.jpg

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Choicecut posted:

Not sure if I like this one or not:

If you aren't sure then it's not a keeper. Figure out what parts you do and don't like and give it another go next time you are in that spot.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Xabi posted:

How do you measure light on shots like these? Spot metering? Brain metering?

A bit of both, which is essentially the zone system.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

alkanphel posted:

A bit of both, which is essentially the zone system.
I guess I just have to read up on the zone system, as I've only briefly read about it. Shooting negative film I've only really exposed for the shadows and gotten decent results mostly, but slide film is a bit more scary IMO.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Xabi posted:

I guess I just have to read up on the zone system, as I've only briefly read about it. Shooting negative film I've only really exposed for the shadows and gotten decent results mostly, but slide film is a bit more scary IMO.

It's more or less that, except you have to know what exposure you want.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Hey there, looks like I got a case of the butterfingers and probated the wrong misogyrooney in this here thread, but that could be easily avoided if people (other than those who already are, who I thank) were good and cool to each other.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

If you aren't sure then it's not a keeper. Figure out what parts you do and don't like and give it another go next time you are in that spot.

I captured exactly what I was going for, it's just the quality looks like butt to me for some reason. The first one looks crisp, but the second seems super noisy. I might give that location another go and shoot raw. I should probably take a tripod instead of boosting iso, but lazy.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jun 26, 2016

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SoundMonkey posted:

Hey there, looks like I got a case of the butterfingers and probated the wrong misogyrooney in this here thread, but that could be easily avoided if people (other than those who already are, who I thank) were good and cool to each other.

I shouldn't make lovely jokes, I probably deserved the 6 hours, but thanks again for clearing the 3 days. Sorry Hook if you took that as an insult, was supposed to be a joke about what was being said the page before.

Choicecut posted:

Shoot raw. I should probably take a tripod instead of boosting iso, but lazy.

Do both of these

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Oh what? No, I 100% understood that you were joking, you're cool dude! I saw the post and then was going to reply but not until I thought of something witty and then that just never happened because I am only good at shitposting (including my photos).

Choicecut, on the other hand, is a misogynistic douchebag. Sorry SoundMonkey.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

HookShot posted:

Choicecut, on the other hand, is a misogynistic douchebag. Sorry SoundMonkey.

Why can't we come together like butt cheeks and get along instead of continuing down this path?

Seriously though, if I offended anyone, I apologize.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Choicecut posted:

Why can't we come together like butt cheeks and get along instead of continuing down this path?

Seriously though, if I offended anyone, I apologize.

The best way for you to avoid posting offensively is don't post.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or sign up for my seminar on how not to be a lovely poster. Send me a suitcase full of money and I'll forward the details.

thetzar
Apr 22, 2001
Fallen Rib
Less terrible conversation. More terrible photos.

Untitled by Jason Martin, on Flickr

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.
A few pictures from this morning. Again, comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

CP Sunrise 2 by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

Through the Tree Mist 5 by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

CP Shed by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

White Shed in the Mist by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

CP Tree by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Saddamnit posted:

A few pictures from this morning. Again, comments and critiques are welcome and appreciated.

CP Sunrise 2 by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

Through the Tree Mist 5 by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

CP Shed by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

White Shed in the Mist by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

CP Tree by Tom Alberi, on Flickr

I like all of these except the fourth one. The light is great, I love the mist and the way it blends seamlessly with the sky and the subjects are interesting enough. The fourth one just doesn't pull me in however. I think it needs either a closer crop to make the cabin more of an element or a wider field of view to emphasise the isolation. It feels like it falls between two stools as it is.

On a technical note, the blacks in the first two look a bit crushed.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 26, 2016

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

Helen Highwater posted:

I like all of these except the fourth one. The light is great, I love the mist and the way it blends seamlessly with the sky and the subjects are interesting enough. The fourth one just doesn't pull me in however. I think it needs either a closer crop to make the cabin more of an element or a wider field of view to emphasise the isolation. It feels like it falls between two stools as it is.

On a technical note, the blacks in the first two look a bit crushed.

Awesome. Thanks for the comments. Looking at the fourth one again after reading your post, I definitely see what you mean and totally agree with you.

iSheep
Feb 5, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Saddamnit posted:

Hey man, just saying, we have a thread for critiques if that's what you're looking for?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3450024&pagenumber=123#lastpost

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

Geektox posted:

Hey man, just saying, we have a thread for critiques if that's what you're looking for?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3450024&pagenumber=123#lastpost

Good to know! I'll post there from now on.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...
Dam Power by B. B., on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Untitled by Tom Olson, on Flickr

elgarbo
Mar 26, 2013

Sutherland by Michael Garbutt, on Flickr

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Your dark work is really strong lately.

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008

The rolling hills of California by Zrave, on Flickr

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Didn't realize California was still running Windows 98.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Venezia by alkanphel, on Flickr

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
I know it won't help my photography, but I have to get one of those big/med format film boxes. It's just amazing what you guys can do with them.

SMERSH Mouth
Jun 25, 2005

Shellman posted:

Didn't realize California was still running Windows 98.

They've upgraded to XP in Sonoma county, at least around Los Carneros.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

SMERSH Mouth posted:

They've upgraded to XP in Sonoma county, at least around Los Carneros.

driving around nicasio from petaluma legit feels like driving through the windows xp landscape

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Choicecut posted:

I know it won't help my photography, but I have to get one of those big/med format film boxes. It's just amazing what you guys can do with them.

Hey man, if you'd like I can sell you my med format film box that is very big. It's really helped bring my photography game to the next level since I got it and I'd love to see it do the same for you! Please PM me if you're interested! Thanks and good luck!

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016

Geektox posted:

Hey man, if you'd like I can sell you my med format film box that is very big. It's really helped bring my photography game to the next level since I got it and I'd love to see it do the same for you! Please PM me if you're interested! Thanks and good luck!

Haha.. nice one. I gotta cool it for a bit, but I'll be looking in a few weeks probably. I just bought a Nikon FA last week, and snagged an xe1 with 27mm for 300 bucks as a beater pocket camera yesterday. If I wasn't living the American dream with a massive mortgage, nice cars that we don't need, and kids that have to have everything, I'd be down for whatever that film box might be.

Choicecut fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jun 28, 2016

Anarkii
Dec 30, 2008
This photo is taken a million times a year but eh, still beautiful.

Yosemite by Zrave, on Flickr

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
I don't even know what a landscape is

IMG_5810-2 by difficult listening, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006