Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RYang
Dec 5, 2012
R range is 950 so I guess I can stay out of range of that, and also out of range of minion xp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I feel like if it were impossible to not get hit by Anivia combo her win rate would be like 90%

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RYang posted:

R range is 950 so I guess I can stay out of range of that, and also out of range of minion xp

yep. good luck with your bad play

stump collector
May 28, 2007
try afking in fountain next time

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

how can anyone hope to dodge the fully expanded anivia ult, given only 3 seconds to get out of the way

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I wish I didn't like playing bad champs like Lee sin or zed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
http://giphy.com/gifs/3ornkeCjWhd8odnLMc

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

how can anyone hope to dodge the fully expanded anivia ult, given only 3 seconds to get out of the way

Wow it's like you're supposed to drop the ult on them not let it expand into them

Like the counterplay to anivia is to either get your jungler to gank her before she can double spell rotation you (requires jungle support) or you roam to top or bot and snowball your team

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Rush to level 6 first? Kill them and roam?

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Luna Was Here posted:

Wow it's like you're supposed to drop the ult on them not let it expand into them

Like the counterplay to anivia is to either get your jungler to gank her before she can double spell rotation you (requires jungle support) or you roam to top or bot and snowball your team

Anivia ult isnt actually 950 at rank 1. That's the range on the ult after it has maximized in size / been up for three seconds. But 700 range doesn't sound as scary.

Also forcing someone choose between farming with their spells and trying to hit you with them is an option.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

Anivia ult isnt actually 950 at rank 1. That's the range on the ult after it has maximized in size / been up for three seconds. But 700 range doesn't sound as scary.

Also forcing someone choose between farming with their spells and trying to hit you with them is an option.

except the champs that anivia is good against mid are people who have to get within that 700 range R>E>Q>E combo, which is why loving off to another lane @ level 6 if you don't have jungle support is the counterplay to anivia

stump collector
May 28, 2007
sorry for being rude but anivia is extremely dangerous if you ever get hit by a Q or R so you want to try and fight her and get an advantage before 6 then hopefully your jungler will be ready to assist you in killing her or can make plays with you on your roams

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Also she's hilariously slow and pre-6 she has no way to combo you that doesn't involve either pushing the wave or opening herself up to skillshots.

She's a lot like Veigar; yeah, she can dunk your poo poo in at 6, but thats because you let her get that powerspike uncontested. I would rather fight Anivia than Zed any day of the week.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

So Jhin is pretty fun, although perspective has hosed me over and I've miss W'd a few times due to the opponent being knocked up into the air, and not where I thought they'd be, and I can't hit poo poo with his ult. But pretty fun.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
If it helps with your leading, the enemy can see the width lines of your ult and will immediately move to exit them if possible.

Also learn to just not use the other bullets if you know for sure that they've escaped the range, that CD refund can be quite handy.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
malzahar isn't fun anymore.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Azir moonlighting as raptor camp holy poo poo. :allears:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

malzahar isn't fun anymore.

yeah riot really screwed that one up. we should get like a list of champion reworks and see which ones were good and which ones were bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

yeah riot really screwed that one up. we should get like a list of champion reworks and see which ones were good and which ones were bad
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion/Champion_Updates

imo

good: miss fortune, kog'maw, trist, caitlyn, ashe, gragas, fiddlesticks

???: I like new graves but it's clear that he ended up totally different from how they expected, zilean had some growing pains but is in a fun place now,

bad: mordekaiser, skarner, shen, vel'koz, fiora, their 17 attempts at fixing ryze

eh: the rest

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Endorph posted:

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion/Champion_Updates

imo

good: miss fortune, kog'maw, trist, caitlyn, ashe, gragas, fiddlesticks

???: I like new graves but it's clear that he ended up totally different from how they expected, zilean had some growing pains but is in a fun place now,

bad: mordekaiser, skarner, shen, vel'koz, fiora, their 17 attempts at fixing ryze

eh: the rest

Vel'koz is decent now with the reversion of the nerf to his ult (it now stacks passive again) and even more buffs to his scaling. It took them some time but hes finally a decent midlaner now that doesn't fall off a cliff late.

Poppy was a pretty good rework too. She went from a gimmick-y piece of crap that was not fun to lane against to a decent top laner with a fun ult. Well before they nerfed her into the dirt I suppose.

I like the new malz but I understand that playing against him is a very painful experience as he is now. I mean he's always been strong in a laning 1 v 1 context, but you could gank the old malz at least. I'm not sure how they can balance him in his current form without trashcanning him.

JuniperCake fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jun 26, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
old poppy was the best with the magic health damage crits

i miss that poo poo so much, probably the most fun I had in the game

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Are there any heroes besides Mordekaiser that outright lose integral mechanics when not played on SR?

I guess Skarner on Howling comes close, since there's no altars in the bases (where the biggest game ending fights happen).

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Brad's a little silly on ARAM, there are only a couple of places he can use his E.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
the fiora rework is good, sorry you are a bad at dealing with her

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Brad is great on aram since if you hit with anything his passive gives you three spellthief stacks... or are you talking about Bart of Bigbart.com, the premier esports news site as reported by richard lewis.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Are there any heroes besides Mordekaiser that outright lose integral mechanics when not played on SR?

I guess Skarner on Howling comes close, since there's no altars in the bases (where the biggest game ending fights happen).

Nunu on Aram, no 10% bonus health and 2% of health as bonus damage on autos.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

How Rude posted:

the fiora rework is good, sorry you are a bad at dealing with her
i can deal with her fine actually, i play mostly top lane and ive never felt like a fiora was stomping my rear end in, i just find her really sucky to play as because the weak points are really fiddly, rng reliant, and she has a kind of dull binary thing going where either you hit her weak points and you win or you don't and you're doing fuckall

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
taric and sion's remakes were the best by a long shot. soraka's was good too although i still sometimes pine for point and click silence (or reaching even farther back, infinite ally mana)

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Poppy and Sion were the best reworks. They took poo poo designs and modernized them while salvaging what they could from the original kit. Gangplank is also top tier rework though he needed a lot less of an overhaul; his visual update and Tristana's were both really good.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm really happy with Zilean's rework, he's my favorite character now.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

So this is what it's like to be on the receiving end of Anivia.

Oh god what have I been doing to people.

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.
Hello.
I'm one-third of the way through level 29. Summoner's Rift is junk and Howling Abyss is good. Someone please try to convince me that I'm wrong, because the Ranked queue is about to open up.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I like the gameplay on rift more but a lot of times it just doesnt feel worth it to spend 45 minutes and maybe have a fun game.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
:agreed:

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Hi friends its me daunte vicknabb i miss you all but japan is pretty cool and good and i dont miss getting yelled at by people who have never gotten out of gold so i hope league is treating you well and youre not getting too upset about anivias rapidly expanding ult and totally undodgeable q

Also summoners rift is definitely less good than howling abyss dont play ranked its bad and will make you hate life

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
:agreed:

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2225892276/39051084

all hail the jungle bard.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Confirming that 3 Cloud Drakes into Elder Dragon is absolute hilarious. Gotta go fast! (Everyone was able to catch up to an enemy Janna if they avoided combat)

stump collector
May 28, 2007
why is elder dragon significant in your statement??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

exethan posted:

why is elder dragon significant in your statement??

45 ms from Clouds becomes 67.5 with Elder, yeah?

• Locked thread