Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just finished the latest Action. I absolutely love Superman again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Affleck holding Rebirth 1 like it's so much garbage will always be hilarious.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Pretty cool variant

https://twitter.com/ComicBookDebate/status/746406052237828097

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
*sigh* I miss J'Onn being in the League.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone
Yeah I'm just gonna hold off on buying JL until they have a roster that's actually good (hint: kick aquaman and one of the GL's out would be a great start)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So DT's new gimmick is posting lovely variant covers?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

So I'm reading through Batman Eternal (as part of my slow working through all of the Bat-Titles in the New 52 that anyone considered worthwhile) and man oh man is this Arkham/Batwing/Joker's Daughter/Deacon Blackfire subplot the boringest loving poo poo in the mother loving world.

Did anyone ever give a poo poo about this plotline?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It set up Gotham By Midnight, which was pretty good. See also Catwoman at the time.
Now, who called Eternal worth while? Steph, Harper and Cassandra are just fine, but you really don't need to trudge through these things for 'em.

e: With Nightwing in a few weeks, I'd say get on Nightwing #30 + Grayson and Robin intro Robin War.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jun 26, 2016

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

goldenoreos posted:

Yeah I'm just gonna hold off on buying JL until they have a roster that's actually good (hint: kick aquaman and one of the GL's out would be a great start)

Shut up. Aquaman stays. Cyborg goes.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SeannieDarko posted:

Cyborg goes, and we really, absolutely, positively do not need two amateur-level Green Lanterns either.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Now, who called Eternal worth while?

I just assumed cause it had Snyder and Tynion on it it was considered good, and I never really read a weekly before so I thought it'd be an interesting one to try, especially since it's one arc story.

There's actually enough interesting character stuff that I like Eternal, and it has one of the very few Red Hood appearances - arcs even - that I'd consider good but yeah. Boy oh boy is there some schizophrenic-rear end plotting and whenever the story decides to check in on whatever the gently caress Batwing or the Spectre is doing the story takes an enormous dive in quality. At this point though I'm already up to issue 35 so I mine as well ride out the whole thing.

goldenoreos
Jan 5, 2012

Take care of my animals while I'm gone

SeannieDarko posted:

Aquaman drools #FuckSeaPeople

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I bet all Snyder did on Eternal was an afternoon of brainstorming with Tynion and the flash forward issue of Batman.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

goldenoreos posted:

Aquaman drools #FuckSeaPeople

Cyborg sucks :colbert:

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Guys, guys! Quit fighting!

Aquaman and Cyborg are both poo poo!

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Toxxupation posted:

Guys, guys! Quit fighting!

Aquaman and Cyborg are both poo poo!

I like Aquaman though. He has a cool trident.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
Is Batman Rebirth any good? I haven't been following any Rebirth stuff since the special itself.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That cover is some embarrassing deviantart poo poo

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Xinder posted:

Is Batman Rebirth any good? I haven't been following any Rebirth stuff since the special itself.

I thought Rebirth was just okay, but #1 was great.
Detective's also started out pretty well.

Green Arrow and Superman are the stand outs so far.

e: Just read the last issue of Black Canary, and that was a pretty darn interesting way to wrap up.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Jun 26, 2016

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Toxxupation posted:

So I'm reading through Batman Eternal (as part of my slow working through all of the Bat-Titles in the New 52 that anyone considered worthwhile) and man oh man is this Arkham/Batwing/Joker's Daughter/Deacon Blackfire subplot the boringest loving poo poo in the mother loving world.

Did anyone ever give a poo poo about this plotline?

If you want a good cry, and have time, track down Batman: Cult and shed a tear for the storyline Eternal sort of shat on. Also Cult is awesome so read it anyway.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

League and the Real Girl.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Last 12 month Coles notes?

I just read Batman, Superman, Green Lanterns and Wonder Woman: Rebirth.

I literally have no idea what the gently caress is going on.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Last 12 month Coles notes?

I just read Batman, Superman, Green Lanterns and Wonder Woman: Rebirth.

I literally have no idea what the gently caress is going on.

Batman: Bruce fought to the death with the Joker and came back to life an amnesiac. Alfred hid Batman from him to let him have a shot at a happy life (with the old Zero Year girlfriend Alfred shunned away, no less) while Jim Gordon got in shape took over as Batman in a robot suit. Meanwhile a bunch of youths formed a vigilante gang of Robins, headed by Duke Thomas (We Are Robin), who was the kid we saw at the beginning of Zero Year.
Duke helps bring the memories back and with Gotham blowing up because of a new foe, Bruce hops in to a crazyass machine he'd previously built in secret to basically produce a clone of himself in the event of his death, and rebooted his body and mind.
He's now training Duke (see BMan Rebirth.)

Also, while Justice League had a crazy storyline where the JLs got god powers, Batman rode on New God Metron's chair which contained all knowledge. He asked it the identity of The Joker and went "What? Impossible!" Then at the end and in the 'DC Universe Rebirth' special we find out that the chair told him there are three Jokers, and we see images on the Batscreen looking like various versions of the character across DC publishing history.

Superman: During an event called Convergence, Superman and Lois from the Pre-Flashpoint DC got captured by Braniac and had a son. In the conclusion of the event they got warped back to about the time that the N52 Justice League formed and have been living in secret this whole time (see Lois and Clark miniseries.)
Because of various factors, N52 Superman died working with old Superman and had some sort of life force shoot out into N52 Lois and Lana (who will star in the Superwoman series) and two bits that flew off screen.

Green Lanterns: Simon Baz was previously introduced near the end of Geoff Johns' run (origin in GL #0) and Jessica Cruise had Earth 3's Power Ring (Green Lantern from an evil earth who invaded in Forever Evil) find her after it's host died. Being from opposite world, it sought out an extremely fearful person to corrupt (She was an agoraphobe who'd kept herself in her apartment for years after some trauma.) She overcame that and gained a place with the JLs.

For Wonder Woman, it's not clear yet what's shifting from the Azzarello stuff and why. You've pretty much seen what there is to it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 26, 2016

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Why is Wonder Woman doing a sexy dance?

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

That Wonder Woman is cringeworthy in general. She's standing next to this ridiculously built Superman and yet looks so, so skinny.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If she didn't look like a RealDoll most comic geeks wouldn't recognize her.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah who could this realistically built woman in a Wonder Woman uniform hanging out with Batman and Superman possibly be? If only she looked less like a human being and more like a sex toy I might be able to recognize her.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I honestly cannot tell if you're aware I was joking and rolling with it or think I was in favor of/advocating the terrible way she's drawn on that cover and are being sarcastic.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 26, 2016

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Cyborg rules, he stays. Aquaman literally rules, he stays. Get rid of both Green Lanterns. Give us back Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

I bailed on Doctor Fate after the first six issues - is it worth following up on the later issues? Are things allowed to happen, on the page and without jerking the narrative away?

I'm also getting my hopes up over Blue Beetle Rebirth - Jaime, Ted, and Doctor (Kent Nelson) Fate in the same book? Did someone read my mind? Keith Giffen's 50/50 these days, but I enjoy Scott Kolins's art.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

greatn posted:

Cyborg rules, he stays. Aquaman literally rules, he stays. Get rid of both Green Lanterns. Give us back Martian Manhunter and Plastic Man.

gently caress yeah.

Oh and bring back Kyle. He's got the best constructs.

Cyborg is still terrible.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Space Fish posted:

I bailed on Doctor Fate after the first six issues - is it worth following up on the later issues? Are things allowed to happen, on the page and without jerking the narrative away?
I know Kent Nelson shows up, but that's about all there is to say about it. It seems like the character is going to be forgotten all together if Kent is showing up in Blue Beetle. Shame, but Levitz kind of screwed up per usual.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Hmmm maybe they shouldn't kick all the non-white people off the team. Just my two cents.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

They would be brining a literal alien to the team. Can not everything be about race or rape for 5 seconds?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Semper Fudge posted:

Hmmm maybe they shouldn't kick all the non-white people off the team. Just my two cents.

But how will we get the Greatest Green Lantern Ever, Hal Jordan, back on the team?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Norns posted:

They would be brining a literal alien to the team. Can not everything be about race or rape for 5 seconds?

Yeah a literal alien, that will go over great for all the people of color reading comic books. No sorry there's nobody on the team who looks like you or has life experiences you can relate to but here's an actual green man from outer space, who is apparently less far-fetched than there being a black guy in a comic book.

Things weren't about race or rape for decades, good job throwing a pissy tantrum now that you might have to listen to a minority or a woman you idiot fucker

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yo. I'm pretty sure every loving person here thinks sexism, racism, rape, and oppression are bad.

I was talking about a fictional Justice Leauge and trying to have some fun. Sorry.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Semper Fudge posted:

Also half the women.

My two cents; kick Flash off the team. Replace him with anybody that's not a Flash.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

DrProsek posted:

Also half the women.

My two cents; kick Flash off the team. Replace him with anybody that's not a Flash.

Why do you hate The Flash so much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Why do you hate The Flash so much?

Barry Allen personally ruined my childhood.

:v: I don't honestly hate Flash, just indifferent to the Flashes despite them being pretty popular. I certainly wouldn't mind if there was a Flash-less JL, but I'm not like going to refuse to read JL because there's a Flash on it or anything.