Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's a week's break coming up on the 24th of July, I think.
Definitely within the next 4 leaked episode titles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Edit:Never mind

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
What if he's just the goku of that universe that became the god of destruction? Maybe he went to earth and got the name son goku, and maybe raditz never showed up and that's why he hates saiyans. Maybe he's just an rear end in a top hat in that universe and considers himself a god only now.

I'm betting green kaioshin is probably not a bad guy, since we haven't seen any bad kais of any kind yet.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

Rutibex posted:

Beerus said he was using 10% of his power against angry SSj2 Vegita, you can calculate it further from there.
No you can't.

I'm excited that Bulma is the true hero and that Trunks progressed at all.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

visceril posted:

What if he's just the goku of that universe that became the god of destruction? Maybe he went to earth and got the name son goku, and maybe raditz never showed up and that's why he hates saiyans. Maybe he's just an rear end in a top hat in that universe and considers himself a god only now.

I'm betting green kaioshin is probably not a bad guy, since we haven't seen any bad kais of any kind yet.

But it's not a different universe though? Everything is the same up until the Android saga.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

so wait shouldn't ssj3 goku as of now be like way stronger than majin buu because of the god power up. Trunks must have been working out pretty loving hard.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Trunks rules, Trunks drools.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

so wait shouldn't ssj3 goku as of now be like way stronger than majin buu because of the god power up. Trunks must have been working out pretty loving hard.

Trunks never beat Majin Buu. Unlike the normal timeline Z-fighters he is not an idiot and prevented Buu from ever hatching. I'm pretty sure Future Trunks is still weaker than Buu.

Why are they so concerned about Future Bulma being dead? You have a time machine idiot! Just go back to 20 min before she died and fight Black there. Actually thinking about it, why does Trunks want to go back to his time at all? Everyone on Earth is dead, he should just stay in the past.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 26, 2016

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm glad Trunks doesn't gently caress around all the time and just killed Babidi and Dabura right away. Too bad his life is suffering.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's not how time travel works in dbz

that bulma would be alive, but the one from trunks' timeline would still be dead

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Did the anime writers forget that it's basically multi verse? It ain't no BTTF type time traveling son.

It's like yeah no, once Trunks goes back, Future Bulma is dead. What I really like about Trunks universe is being dead is being dead.
No dragonballs so it's not like he can just go get Shenron and be like lol gently caress you got everyone back.

I mean it's probably gonna end up with Trunks pleading with Beerus or Whis to basically get the Super Dragon to wish everyone back from the dead.
What? Trunks can have a happy life too drat it. :colbert:

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jun 26, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Shindragon posted:

Did the anime writers forget that it's basically multi verse? It ain't no BTTF type time traveling son.

It's like yeah no, once Trunks goes back, Future Bulma is dead. What I really like about Trunks universe is being dead is being dead.
No dragonballs so it's not like he can just go get Shenron and be like lol gently caress you got everyone back.

He could collect the Super Dragonballs to wish for his timeline to be fixed. They can grant any wish.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

El Burbo posted:

I'm glad Trunks doesn't gently caress around all the time and just killed Babidi and Dabura right away.

Trunks deserves to be the main character between this and how he handled Cell and the Androids.

It's also pretty funny he just somehow instinctively knew that Whis was more godly than Beerus.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Doesn't Trunk's universe still have the Namekian dragonballs and it's just more inconvenient because he doesn't have the ability to teleport there?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea the namekians are fine since goku didn't die until after they got a new planet

trunks could just bring a spaceship capsule back to the future with him I guess

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Doesn't Trunk's universe still have the Namekian dragonballs and it's just more inconvenient because he doesn't have the ability to teleport there?

He met the Supreme Kai when he fought Dabura. They could have given him a ride, what jerks!

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

ImpAtom posted:

They never did point out if they do or don't but I assume they do. Isn't like nearly everyone in Capsule Corp is dead though so it's not like they have a space pod to go travel so they never found it I guess.

You would think Dende would come to visit or something.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

dende has no reason to visit because his friends there are dead

wishing people back wouldn't work anyway since their bodies are long gone

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
He'd need to find New Namek, though. And also leave Earth unguarded for the span of time that he was gone.

I wonder if Trunks is going to stick around in U7 for a while until Bulma makes that fuel. Beerus commented that he thought Trunks fought pretty well and his power level even got buffed from the Cell Arc. Maybe he'll be a part of the upcoming tournament.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

dende has no reason to visit because his friends there are dead

wishing people back wouldn't work anyway since their bodies are long gone

Well, it could presumably work for Bulma.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Well, it could presumably work for Bulma.

No it wouldn't, Black clearly evaporated her. It could work on Future Mai though!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
The bodies part doesn't matter since the Earth blew up from Buu and they were still able to bring everyone back.

But yeah, I expect the Super Dragon Balls to have some part in this. They wouldn't keep Future Bulma dead for good like that.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Was anyone a bit confused by Whis time travel explanation? He seemed to be talking about BttF style linear time travel, but thats not the kind of time travel that made Future Trunks alternate timeline. Maybe Whis doesn't understand how time travel actually works?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

maybe whis doesn't care and he's just making poo poo up so these nerds will get off his case

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

either whis' time travel works differently or toriyama forgot/doesn't care

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I don't think they said they were going to the future to bring Bulma back to life, just to defeat Black

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Was anyone a bit confused by Whis time travel explanation? He seemed to be talking about BttF style linear time travel, but thats not the kind of time travel that made Future Trunks alternate timeline. Maybe Whis doesn't understand how time travel actually works?

Trunks did BttF this though. Remember that his killing Freeza didn't happen in the original timeline, that was Goku, and (presumably) that's why Gero made the androids stronger than they needed to originally be. Then the ball just keeps rolling and you have weird poo poo like Buu being a good guy.

Only difference is Trunks' timeline didn't get changed.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I kind of wonder if Black is a rogue time cop, given he has access to time travel

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

toriyama forgot/doesn't care

To toriyama time-travel is just a reference to a movie he saw once. It was back to the future though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rutibex posted:

No it wouldn't, Black clearly evaporated her. It could work on Future Mai though!

Yes it could. Namekian dragonballs revived Chaotzu (who blew himself up) for example.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Carlosologist posted:

I kind of wonder if Black is a rogue time cop, given he has access to time travel

He is clearly in the Black Lantern Corps, didn't you see his ring?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lantern_Corps

quote:

The Black Lantern Corps is a fictional organization of corporeal revenants (zombies) appearing in comic books published by DC Comics, related to the emotional spectrum. The group is composed of deceased fictional characters that seek to eliminate all life from the DC Universe.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Rutibex posted:

He is clearly in the Black Lantern Corps, didn't you see his ring?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lantern_Corps

we're finally gonna see if Goku can beat Superman in a fight

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i guess people think that ring might be related to the Time Breakers?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Entirely possible given the Xenoverse stuff

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Aurora posted:

Entirely possible given the Xenoverse stuff

I've never paid attention to Xenoverse, how many things is the anime taking from that?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

pik_d posted:

I've never paid attention to Xenoverse, how many things is the anime taking from that?

Until now, nothing. Trunks comes from an earlier period of time and with an entirely new design, the Kaioshin in the story is not Time Kai, and there's been no hints whatsoever to the appearance of Demigra, Towa or Mira.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'd be p surprised if they referenced xenoverse, but I guess it could lead to that or something

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Would he even be a rogue Time Cop? I mean Trunks did break the time travel law, and Black was talking about justice. Trunks' meddling with time gave humanity a death sentence.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

So I just realized, since Trunks apparently got help from Supreme Kai, could he be using the Z Sword? He's already used it more than he ever used the first one.

Edit: also while it's not quite going super saiyan 3 to fight off Buu, I still really like that they bothered telling us what happened there.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jun 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It makes total sense that no-nonsense Trunks would just take care of Dabura and Babidi without giving Buu a chance to be unleashed, good work Super.

• Locked thread