Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit my main issue with how the shield abilities work is less for their protective aspects and more in how it ties into making Zarya's weapon not an awful piece of crap(seriously it's the least fun weapon in the game to use, and that's saying something when Dva and Mercy exist)

It's actually ownage and very fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I can't stop laughing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoywrM8JkPs

Edit: The zarya part of the video i mean

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)
Hey good news for console overwatch players

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/4pt9wd/torbjorn_is_utterly_ruining_this_game_on_ps4/d4nz83p?context=3

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lmao console players explain yourselves.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Damage wasn't really the problem but ok I guess

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Nihilarian posted:

Maybe they could nerf the turret reaction time as well and turn speed.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nihilarian posted:

What's the problem??

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Nihilarian posted:

30% more time to kill it

please get gud

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that's actually really interesting, I wasn't expecting them to balance the game differently on different platforms

wonder if the widow/mccree nerf will come to console or if blizzard doesn't feel those classes need it outside of pc

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

fadam posted:

What's the problem??

Most (all) of us console players are dumb and bad.

Real answer: Nobody wants to swap to junkrat or pharah or whoever to properly murder the turret. Also not having a mouse to aim with mean trying to line up a shot takes longer and thus the turret shaves health while you aim or try to peak at it.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Isn't there a big joystick deadzone on console too? I remember reading that they were addressing that first

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Goon in-house stream is up: https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
The more annoying aspect of Torb for me is that he can just rebuild pretty fast after a turret is dropped. I feel like the CD on the turret shouldn't start until the previous turret goes away, like winston's shield

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Funkameleon posted:

The more annoying aspect of Torb for me is that he can just rebuild pretty fast after a turret is dropped. I feel like the CD on the turret shouldn't start until the previous turret goes away, like winston's shield

that would be a much smarter nerf imo

tho torb doesn't need to be nerfed in the first place

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
You're supposed to destroy the turret while he's building it, which is easy. If Torbjorn has retreated to build the turret safely then you made him lose a bunch of ground which is a victory. If he had to wait for a cd on a destroyed turret before building a new turret he wouldn't be able to reposition easily which would make him a lot more static, boring, and bad.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

He ravages on consoles most people cant put out 50 DPS with a joystick

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Yeah, on PC: Torb is primarily good because of his weapon, the turret is just a small deterrent to flankers.

I am curious on the Console vs PC stats for Genji, a class where he spends most of his movement in a vertical space. Not to mention having to lead with low-damage projectiles.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
I always thought Mei's ult call out was really quiet. It's not, she just sounds like she's saying "The proportions... are out of..." in a struggling sounding way that I always mentally filtered it out as a weird 'we're outnumbered and I'm getting the poo poo shot out of me' random voice shout out.

Also, bastion plays of the game are always boring as poo poo to watch even if it's a team wipe with 5 seconds on the clock type of thing that ought to deserve it.

drrockso20 posted:

I'll admit my main issue with how the shield abilities work is less for their protective aspects and more in how it ties into making Zarya's weapon not an awful piece of crap(seriously it's the least fun weapon in the game to use, and that's saying something when Dva and Mercy exist)
Nah, Zarya's shields charging her weapon is great mechanically since it makes her strictly a strong frontline fighter in a game where the offense is mostly flankers.

I could see splitting her weapon charge from damage taken mechanic and shielding mechanic into two separate characters while making each ability individually stronger, but I don't see just axing it and it does make some sense to combine the two so you're not just intentionally stumbling into bullets to build charge.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Yeah, on PC: Torb is primarily good because of his weapon, the turret is just a small deterrent to flankers.
My batting average with torb seems better when I prioritize putting a turret just behind my team to cover flanks and clean up stragglers that push in with covering the front lines as fire support being a secondary thing. I'm going to be spamming rivets on the front line with my team anyway and it helps protect a disastrous flank or getting run over completely if one fight goes bad.

yook fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jun 26, 2016

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I'm not sure if the nerf is right or not but I can say I've almost stopped playing due to the power of the turrets making things predictable and not fun.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Xguard86 posted:

I'm not sure if the nerf is right or not but I can say I've almost stopped playing due to the power of the turrets making things predictable and not fun.

Ehh certain combos are p hard to combat but ya do what ya gotta do

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Imo when you encounter a heavy turret team I prefer people to play "who they're best at" that way some pressure is taken off trying to fit a role or hero that you're uncomfortable

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

As much as I wish Blizzard would just let console players wallow in their own filth, I respect them treating both versions of the game as their own ecosystems and not loving the game up in an attempt to please everyone with just one version.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

fadam posted:

Lmao console players explain yourselves.

Because gently caress you. That's why.

Nah, it's actually a bad change for the problem. Some kind of increase in time to acquire target or a decrease in the ability to transverse would've been better but meh.

E: as a dirty PS4 player who is also bad I've seen some folks creatively manage enemy turrets. Last night we had a Mei who was incredible placing walls cutting off turret sight lines for the 3 Torbs we were against. Changed the match.

squirrelzipper fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jun 26, 2016

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
I don't read reddit, does the dev comment getting deleted mean he deleted it himself or did it just get downvoted into oblivion?

I've seen dad 76 run by my turret without even acknowledging it, so I have a hard time reading the damage output as the issue. Reinhart can tank that poo poo all day already.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZNUJPshLfw

Had probably one of my best king of the hill rounds as Zarya tonight

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

yook posted:

I always thought Mei's ult call out was really quiet. It's not, she just sounds like she's saying "The proportions... are out of..." in a struggling sounding way that I always mentally filtered it out as a weird 'we're outnumbered and I'm getting the poo poo shot out of me' random voice shout out.

It's actually in Chinese, just like all the other heroes do their ult call in their native language. But I agree, it took me a while to realize that it was an ult call and not just a Mei getting shot somewhere. It sounds oddly pained.

Edit: it's 冻住,不许走! or Dòng zhù, bùxǔ zǒu! assuming the place I copy/pasted that from wasn't lying. ~the more you know~

BobTheJanitor fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 26, 2016

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

squirrelzipper posted:

Because gently caress you. That's why.

Nah, it's actually a bad change for the problem. Some kind of increase in time to acquire target or a decrease in the ability to transverse would've been better but meh.

E: as a dirty PS4 player who is also bad I've seen some folks creatively manage enemy turrets. Last night we had a Mei who was incredible placing walls cutting off turret sight lines for the 3 Torbs we were against. Changed the match.

REaction times are slower on console because of controllers, you now have 30% more time to react. How is this not a good fix?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i cant stop getting mad at this game and that makes me very sad and upset with myself. loving mobas dude i swear

also loving jerk butt goons who battled the goon team i was with >:c yall wrecked us and i actually quit playing :c

or impatom who was the only name i knew got a sick nasty group of pubs who had no time for any poo poo

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
I'm hoping that the damage nerf on the turrets doesn't make Torbjorn useless. The slower swivel and cooldown changes seem like fairer nerfs at first, but would only seem to work when there is one Torbjorn and the problem with PS4 play right now is that it's very common to see two or three Torbjorns on defense. Fixing the aiming deadzone thing would also seem to be a Torbjorn nerf to me, without compromising on his ability to kill the enemy.

I would like a Zenyatta buff too, if Widowmaker isn't going to get nerfed on console then Zenyatta needs to get buffed so he doesn't get bodyshot. Also hoping they finally fix some bugs. Everytime I get backfilled into a game I have to wait an extra ten seconds for my character to load into the game and they still haven't fixed the Symmetra turret trick on Dorado (Though I've only seen it once, thankfully.)

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I did it guys :unsmith:

https://gfycat.com/FirmGivingDiamondbackrattlesnake

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
Mercy and D.Va have some sexy little blaster pistols.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

lol. Now every game I play I'm gonna be trying to do this instead of healing, you ruined me.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

yesssss

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The combat mercy dream

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
After noticing that my game didn't look as good as some other videos and streams I messed with a bunch of the video settings and managed to get everything maxed except for render scale on my GTX 770 at 60+ FPS (1900x1200). Seems kind of weird since it defaulted to High, unless it's not actually trying to scale to my hardware.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

ItBurns posted:

After noticing that my game didn't look as good as some other videos and streams I messed with a bunch of the video settings and managed to get everything maxed except for render scale on my GTX 770 at 60+ FPS (1900x1200). Seems kind of weird since it defaulted to High, unless it's not actually trying to scale to my hardware.

Pretty sure it doesn't scale. When I started my game up it was windowed and had the settings at medium. Then again that was back in the last open beta.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Mister Fister posted:

Voice com is used a lot more in the few PTR games i've played in.

The kind of people who test things on the PTR are the kind of people who tend to take the game more seriously than most so it's not surprising that you see more comms on there. I wouldn't expect it to be the same on live.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Funkameleon posted:

Make turrets require 1 or 2 scraps to build. Start Torbjoern with 2 scraps.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug
I solo q'd against a team of four torbs and two reins on Hollywood. It was pretty miserable. It does feel a bit lame that torbs can drop a turret immediately after you kill his last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

Dren posted:

I solo q'd against a team of four torbs and two reins on Hollywood. It was pretty miserable. It does feel a bit lame that torbs can drop a turret immediately after you kill his last one.

I love these becuase I just go pharah and shoot them form out of turret range