Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Right wing 2016: READ NO LOGO!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheTatteredKing posted:

I'm not cynical I'm a realist
I'm not paranoid there's actually conspires in every level of every organization producing lies in all public information

not usually outright lies, more like distortions, obfuscations, distractions, you know, the same thing people do all day in this thread.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
just fyi

putting things in infographic format actually makes them less true

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
As I Sit, Illuminated by the Everpresent Loglo In This Moment I Am Euphoric Because I am Enlightened by my Intelligence

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheTatteredKing posted:

The phrase is "just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you," you lunatic

thank you. lotta twists and turns in that one. the subtlety...the flavor.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Thunderbro posted:

They are the billionaire financial elite class that has been breaking economic and trade protection laws in every country that will let them get a foothold. They push market deregulation in order to conglomerate corporations and form consolidated monopolies over entire markets. Globalism steps in at the point where they are now trying to conglomerate the first world countries into a single, manipulable market where their extant conglomerate corps can take control of all aspects of capitalism. They have succeeded at this to the point where 63 individuals now hold over 50% of the wealth in the United States, and 0.01% of the world population holds more wealth than the rest of the world combined. With this unassailable capital power they now throw it around actively pump and dumping the economies of entire countries, most heavily in the US, EU, and China. By hyperinflating the economic indexes of countries, they are able to trick other investors into investing into an economy pushing the price up, at which point the globalists then dump their shares and bonds out of the market, crashing it and reaping all of the gain made in a few years. In 2015 the top 0.01% of US financial elites were able to increase their wealth by 188% with these methods.

If you want to have a bad day, hit up Wikileaks and read about the TiSA, TIPP, and TPP trade agreements which were negotiated and signed in complete secrecy, and will not be officially released to the public for 5 years. Their intent is to deregulate ALL market protections and privatize all human necessities for profit.

Globalization has a whole made the world a better place, the world economy has become more stable, the integration of different markets is far more preferable than isolated national markets or trade blocs.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Thunderbro posted:

Yes, the (((globalists))) own the six conglomerates that own all US media. Old media and most new media have been fully bought out and forced to paint whatever narratives their owners want.

translation: sources which I don't like are the bought out ones

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Sinestro posted:

just fyi

putting things in infographic format actually makes them less true

I'm glad you could find a convenient brush to paint over the reality that that infographic is cited and the information in it is in the public domain.

Typo posted:

Globalization has a whole made the world a better place, the world economy has become more stable, the integration of different markets is far more preferable than isolated national markets or trade blocs.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Typo posted:

You mean more profitable for multinational corporations who are masters of tax evasion.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lemme tell ya how Donald Trump, the man who in 2005 started a fake university to get people to pay thousands of dollars to be told to buy real estate, the man who later bragged that he would make money off the housing crash, is going to end the tyranny of global capital

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

etalian posted:

You mean more profitable for multinational corporations who are masters of tax evasion.

Corporations are, like governments, a form of power. Like governments they can do both and ill

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Wait wouldn't reporting remain as winning actually have helped leave considering how many Brits voted leave as a protest or whatever and immediately regretted it? They likely wouldn't have voted leave if they knew the race was close

Man these globalists, congrats you just played yourselves

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The true master would not post on the Something Awful Dot Com Forums. I am but a false prophet bearing false gifts.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Thunderbro posted:

I'm glad you could find a convenient brush to paint over the reality that that infographic is cited and the information in it is in the public domain.

Yes, thank you for providing an example, stock market avgs moving up is indeed a good thing

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
wait so is SA ran by the globalist

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR6GqcPd60U

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Typo posted:

Yes, thank you for providing an example, stock market avgs moving up is indeed a good thing

Let's see how you feel about that after all of your savings and currency are finished rolling down that mountain :)

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Thunderbro posted:

And even better, adjusted for inflation

http://www.seeitmarket.com/why-the-sp-500-is-really-flat-the-past-16-years-14503/

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Typo posted:

globalization is good because i can afford a smartphone and there's 18 different kinds of ethnic food on my block

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Tautologicus posted:

Again everything I said was in hindsight. At the time he was just looking for advice because he was sure of the Leave result.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/4n63ru/iama_british_political_pollster_brexit_isnt_just/

And it happened, and he was right, the results were wildly divergent from the polling results, even an hour prior to polls opening. What do you mean "going to". No one listened to him then. he had no credibility. But he was right and so I think he was telling the truth.

Here's his "i told you so" post

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/4pl0t0/2_weeks_ago_i_posted_here_telling_you_all_brexit/

:lol: literally citing a reddit post as the proof of a global conspiracy to stop brexit by skewing the polls a few percent.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Typo posted:

Corporations are, like governments, a form of power. Like governments they can do both and ill

Ah yes the old bad dem agreement that sees free trade and globalism as a sort of charity that helps people.

Tell the people of Bhopal or workers killed in Bangladesh how globalism was such a great charity for their community.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Thunderbro posted:

Let's see how you feel about that after all of your savings and currency are finished rolling down that mountain :)

People who invested in Nov 2008 hit gold by 2013 or so

The continual expansion of the economy means that on the average the stock market grows every year, yes there will be periods of devaluation esp in individual markets as is inherit in every market economy. But if you put $ into the market now you are basically guaranteed a positive EV in 20 yrs.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

etalian posted:

Ah yes the old bad dem agreement that sees free trade and globalism as a sort of charity that helps people.

Tell the people of Bhopal or workers killed in Bangladesh how globalism was such a great charity for their community.

Hey man toxic air, toxic water, and slavery are all A-OK as long as I can get my McDonalds and cheap flip flops

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

etalian posted:

Globalism has its ills, but working in factories is far more productive and pay far better in real wages than working as a subsistence farmer

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

before globalization, human civilization was one of pure equality and utopian joy. whites and blacks lived together in harmony. feudal lord and serf broke bread together at one table.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Typo posted:

Globalism has its ills, but working in factories is far more productive and pay far better in real wages than working as a subsistence farmer

maybe we should send you to one of those factories so you can see the beauty of globalism and free trade firsthand.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Typo posted:

real productivity making real progress

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

etalian posted:

maybe we should send you to one of those factories so you can see the beauty of globalism and free trade firsthand.

Sure, but hundreds of millions of people have chosen those factories over their traditional farms. As bad as sweatshops are, traditional subsistence farming is worse

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

externalities is indeed a good argument against globalization, but if you really did care you probably wouldn't be supporting a climate change denier

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Typo posted:

Sure, but hundreds of millions of people have chosen those factories over their traditional farms. As bad as sweatshops are, traditional subsistence farming is worse

"Chose" lol.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
no one is pro subsistance farming other than loving pol pot

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I honestly wonder how many Republican actually understand how polling samples work, they seem to have it firmly in their heads that there has to be something resembling an even split in Republicans/Democrats in a random sample for a poll to be valid instead of considering the possibility that Trump might not just be scaring away voters but making them reconsider even being Republicans at all.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

euphronius posted:

"Chose" lol.

Yes, most of them indeed made the choice. Like most people in life, often the choices are between two bad alternatives but one of them less bad

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
globalism is bad and good
im against the bad bits

globalism is complicated enough that you can be against the bad bits while being for the good bits
holy gently caress you guys

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Tautologicus posted:

But what if they consider you to be apostates. What if they're not nearly as multiplural back at you as you are about them. That's the problem.

wait wait wait, do you really not believe children of immigrants become more assimilated and culturally similar to their birth nation?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Karl Sharks posted:

wait wait wait, do you really not believe children of immigrants become more assimilated and culturally similar to their birth nation?

Well nml claims his German father who was in the us since he was nine taught his Boston born son that the fatherland is the only true home for him

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
GLOBALISM BAD:

FACELESS DUMBASS POLS WHO GET PAID TOO MUCH
they are supposed to work for the people but they work for 1 or 2 guys who bribe them

GLOBALISM GOOD:
big trade routes across the entire world that have prevented mega wars due to how interconnected all our poo poo is

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Baloogan posted:

globalism is bad and good
im against the bad bits

globalism is complicated enough that you can be against the bad bits while being for the good bits
holy gently caress you guys

thats what the killuminati want you to think dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yes I'm glad war has stopped.

• Locked thread