Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Zotix posted:

Freed up about 4 spots. Ultima should get better tonight when I throw 30% magic damage on her.

I'm not sure it scales well. My max ExDeath with +30% only hits for 11k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Just started and have been rerolling for a top tier starter. Having the 500 lapis compensation email is great because you only have to go halfway through the tutorial to get it and then roll.

Best so far has been penelo. :smith:

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
Woo beat the colosseum! The INT S-5 boss is definitely the hardest boss I have fought so far. Frost dragon with 260k hp, poison immune, and weak to fire. He loves to confuse your party so try to silence him if you can.

Took me three tries with a max 5* CoD, Fina, and Firion and max 4* Edgar and Krile. I had my CoD always using barrage. Fina would cast cheer, silence, or heals depending on the situation. Firion focused on getting him paralyzed and then just used bladeblitz after the stun. Krile would heal, debuff, or dualcast an attack spell depending on the situation. Edgar would just use drill with the superior blade from Lands of Plenty because that sword has a chance to blind on hit. I tried with the flametongue first for the elemental weakness but the blind ended up helping me more.

I definitely got lucky with my win. The paralyze last for awhile and he was silenced and blinded almost the entire fight. My first try he confused Fina and Krile in one turn and then destroyed me.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Has anyone managed to even fight one stupid Hunger enemy in the Deserted Highway? I'm starting to think these things don't exist!

ShadeofDante
Feb 17, 2007

speaking of minds! know what's on mine? murders.
I read about this game after getting burned out on FFRK.

Rolled the first 500 draw, got Vaan.

Guess I'm playing this game now, huh.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

TM farming is stupid slow, I've been running mine nearly nonstop, not using lapis but letting it run the map everytime I get 1 energy and I gain maybe like 5-10% per week of nonstop farming. Like they don't expect anyone to do this normally do they?

Eddain
May 6, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

TM farming is stupid slow, I've been running mine nearly nonstop, not using lapis but letting it run the map everytime I get 1 energy and I gain maybe like 5-10% per week of nonstop farming. Like they don't expect anyone to do this normally do they?

Well later on they introduce Trust Moogles that you can fuse for 5-10% Trust.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Eddain posted:

Has anyone managed to even fight one stupid Hunger enemy in the Deserted Highway? I'm starting to think these things don't exist!

I fought one or two of them when progressing through the area, but I didn't have the stupid quest because I had to go back and farm magicite for the quest before it. :sigh:

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Eddain posted:

I've only seen them in the last stage of that area, the stage with the chocobo eater. Pretty rare, seemed to see one every 4-10 runs depending on my luck. I have gotten sacred and holy crystals from the chocobo eater so at least sometimes it doesn't feel like a waste.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Oh, that 500 lapis email no longer shows up on rerolls. :(

When the game is released and we get the 10 free pulls, does anyone know if that will carry over on rerolls?

Also, if I purchase lapis or a bundle, and then decide to reroll, is there a way to restore purchases after rerolling?

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

jerkstore77 posted:

Oh, that 500 lapis email no longer shows up on rerolls. :(

When the game is released and we get the 10 free pulls, does anyone know if that will carry over on rerolls?

Also, if I purchase lapis or a bundle, and then decide to reroll, is there a way to restore purchases after rerolling?

My understanding is the free pulls are distributed via code to those who preregister, so getting 10 chances per reroll is unlikely.

And no, purchasing lapis does not give you infinite massive rerolls.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Aaaand the first reroll having to do the full tutorial results in a 4 star Vaan. Guess I'm done rerolling now. Will be interesting to see how the pre-registration pulls will be distributed though.

Games with gachas and rerolling will be the death of me.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
I wonder if I could do the pc reroll, activatey facebook accpunt when I get somehing good and then recieve the 10 free rolls via my preregistering.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Looks like global release could be Wednesday. I don't want to get people's hopes up, but that's what the new giveaway aludes to.

Where can I get Dark Crysts at? As well as all of the Megacrysts?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Where are people buying swedish itunes gift cards? I want to take advantage of the early bird bundle before it goes away but some of the sites that sell itunes codes look shady.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Zotix posted:

Looks like global release could be Wednesday. I don't want to get people's hopes up, but that's what the new giveaway aludes to.

Where can I get Dark Crysts at? As well as all of the Megacrysts?

Requesting crystals from friends has a 100% drop rate. I just switched to dark crystals to open my bio blaster factory

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Megacrysts have generally low drop rates from the collection points in all the explorations on the second island. You'll get Dark Crysts as well as Lightning,Wind and Dark Megacrysts from the Phantom Forest Exploration. Westersands Explorations has Earth, Fire and Lightning Megacrysts. Lanzelt Highlands has Lightning, Wind and Light. Wolfsfang Peak has Water and Ice. And finally the ruins have Fire, Ice, Water, Lightning and Earth megacrysts.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Collecting megacrysts for the Hero Ring is kinda tedious as a result. If we could convert 10 crysts in to a megacryst I'd be happy.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Where can I find a map that shows the 'hidden' routes that go to secret areas on the map.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

https://exviuswiki.com/Explorations

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I get a ton of friends requests with my note set to "Use my lv80 Vaan! Useful abilities" :3:

Full Break is sick. 760,951,475 if someone wants that useful Vaan to bring along. Not grinded out Hero ring like nearly everybody else, Ifrit at one-star 22, should go run the desert a bunch and make it *2

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

I don't know how many dozens of levels I've run but it's been at least 15-20 since I encountered my last Blood Eye enemy. These "kill 10 goddamn rare as hell enemies" quests are some of the worst garbage.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

MrLonghair posted:

I get a ton of friends requests with my note set to "Use my lv80 Vaan! Useful abilities" :3:

Full Break is sick. 760,951,475 if someone wants that useful Vaan to bring along. Not grinded out Hero ring like nearly everybody else, Ifrit at one-star 22, should go run the desert a bunch and make it *2

Sent you a request as Mo0. Thanks! Shameless code post 662,830,568

Also I'm glad I found this thread, this has been a nice change of pace from Record Keeper, even if it's a bit more focus-hungry than RK.

Do you eventually hit a point where you can level a lot of characters like in RK, or is this more focused on investing a lot of time into a few characters?

e: Swear to God there seems to be no control scheme that doesn't suck on iPad for exploration dungeons. Makes them quite the ordeal considering how useful they seem to be.

Celery Jello fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 25, 2016

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
So I've seen some people running around with Titan, anyone know where to go to get the sidequest to get him?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

MrLonghair posted:

Sent a request IGN: Van

EzEight fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Jun 26, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

goldjas posted:

So I've seen some people running around with Titan, anyone know where to go to get the sidequest to get him?

Do you mean Golem? I don't think Titan is in yet. There's a kid in the desert exploration, towards the center. You talk to him, go to the oasis, then go back. He tells you about the area.

WarpZealot
Nov 25, 2005
Yes, I've played Starcraft.
My current party is Cecil, Laswell, Rain, Fina, and Rydia. Should I replace Fina or Rydia with a Krile I got recently?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Big announcement on the way for this game: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/FFBE/countdown/sp/

Possibly a global release finally?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Ragequit posted:

Big announcement on the way for this game: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/FFBE/countdown/sp/

Possibly a global release finally?

Not likely on the Japanese site. More importantly, the Japanese Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light site also has a countdown which is counting down to the exact same time.

EDIT: Though, note, there's a 100 lapis per day for 3 days login bonus starting tomorrow, which is explicitly leading up to the release of the game globally. There's still no actual release date but it should be pretty soon.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jun 27, 2016

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Zurai posted:

Not likely on the Japanese site. More importantly, the Japanese Dragon Quest Monsters Super Light site also has a countdown which is counting down to the exact same time.

It's probably crossover event, which would be pretty massive for both games and something we'd likely never see in global since DQMSL is Japan/SEA* only.

* SEA client in the Thai store is fully translated to English and has been out for probably a year or so but still no signs of a global release. :shrug:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Is 4* Exdeath good or is it just the 5* that's good

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Ross Angeles posted:

4* is when he starts getting good, he gets the -aga spells super early.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

To elaborate a bit more, you can turn your 4* into a 5* so you didn't pull a permanently gimp ed one like in some games.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's probably crossover event, which would be pretty massive for both games and something we'd likely never see in global since DQMSL is Japan/SEA* only.

* SEA client in the Thai store is fully translated to English and has been out for probably a year or so but still no signs of a global release. :shrug:

It is indeed a DQMSL crossover.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

WTG guys, game is going to launch without hitting bonus tier 2. I honestly believe it was the lack of effort by this community alone that caused us to not reach that goal. gg

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Zotix posted:

WTG guys, game is going to launch without hitting bonus tier 2. I honestly believe it was the lack of effort by this community alone that caused us to not reach that goal. gg

I worked real hard to achieve this result.:effort:

rundxdi
Feb 3, 2004

Soup Of The Day

EzEight posted:

I worked real hard to achieve this result.:effort:

Same.

So what changes on actual release, other than the fact that I don't need my swedish itunes account?

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Game is out, can't wait to start!

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Zotix posted:

It's because everyone downloaded the already released copy and statted grinding so hard they made auto click codes for it. At that point no one was hyped for release as they already had it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Okay, it's released. Tips and tricks please!

E: scheduled maintenance for two more hours. :shepface:

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 29, 2016

• Locked thread