Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Okay there are too many good ones so what I'm going to do is put a poll for the best title for two days and then ask a moderator to change the title once it's finished. Fair enough?

Angepain posted:

False alarm everyone, Boris knows what the Scots want

:kingsley: We are screwed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Yeah he seems like hes got his finger on our pulse. Probably spent entire minutes googling.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/747183565134266368

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/747186358771453953

Surprised at how low these are tbh.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

I just realised that the support for Scottish Indy is higher then having a Scottish Indy Ref :lol:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Well it's basically somebody saying 'yes i want independence, but not right now'. Which is reasonable.

This is fascinating, apparently the SNP has the highest proportion of Leave voters in Scotland....

https://twitter.com/AidanKerrPol/status/747186257483149312

Pissflaps fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 26, 2016

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Well it's basically somebody saying 'yes i want independence, but not right now'. Which is reasonable.

I suppose though I wonder why that is. Do they think it's because it's too early to assume that it's a certain EU-exit or is it something else I'm not noticing?

Pissflaps posted:

This is fascinating, apparently the SNP has the highest proportion of Leave voters in Scotland....

Please don't tell me that's because they all thought they get another referendum if they vote leave. :psyduck:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Extreme0 posted:

I suppose though I wonder why that is. Do they think it's because it's too early to assume that it's a certain EU-exit or is it something else I'm not noticing?

Maybe. Maybe economic pragmatists who see Independence as a goal that's currently not worth the economic price.

quote:

Please don't tell me that's because they all thought they get another referendum if they vote leave. :psyduck:

Possibly some but, as discussed earlier, I think it's more likely a feeling that they won't want to become free from Westminster only to immediately give up power to Brussels.

That's why I think having EU membership at the heart of a Scottish independence campaign may not produce the desired effect.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Pissflaps posted:

All those percentages claim more voters for Remain than the national average.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Pissflaps posted:

That's why I think having EU membership at the heart of a Scottish independence campaign may not produce the desired effect.

A few things might cancel this out. If the more Europhile Labour and Lib Dem voters start considering independence, for example, or if the eurosceptic SNP voters decide that they want to be out of Britain even more than they want to be out of Europe, or if Britain's Brexit negotiations go sour and a life outside the EU starts looking less rosy.

I'd be interested to see how Green voters split, which I imagine is excluded due to the sample size or by asking about constituency votes only. I'd guess quite strongly to Remain but there might have been a few Lexit true-believers gathered in there too.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Jedit posted:

All those percentages claim more voters for Remain than the national average.

Embarrassed Leave voters?

If full Brexit happens you won't be able to find anyone in five years outside an EDL meeting who will admit to having voted for it.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

The Record is fair changing its tune:
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/indy-ref-2-poll-says-8289832#HEDWQ66Vl75FX1bk.97

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Possibly some but, as discussed earlier, I think it's more likely a feeling that they won't want to become free from Westminster only to immediately give up power to Brussels.

That might actually be a good thing though, a lot (not all but I would assume a sizeable majority) of the leave voting SNP supporters will put wanting independence ahead of wanting to leave the EU. It's supporters of other parties that are going to be the hardest to convince about the merits of independence and it looks like the EU is a good place to start.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
49/42 Y/N is lower than I would have thought this week. That's 54/46 excluding don't knows? I was expecting 60+/40- quite solidly.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Hoops posted:

49/42 Y/N is lower than I would have thought this week. That's 54/46 excluding don't knows? I was expecting 60+/40- quite solidly.

Same.

I thought the jig was up on Friday. Not so sure now.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Hoops posted:

Was the other poll not 59/41?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Extreme0 posted:

It could again simply be because "gently caress off everyone who isn't [group I identify with]" is a perfectly normal nationalist position.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
There's a new scotpol thread. Its not very good but I can close this one if anyones finding it confusing? Let me know please.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Even better, you could close this and actually link to the new thread!

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
It wouldn't feel right to endorse the new thread by linking to it. The op is full of inaccuracies and wishful thinking! Here's one, be sure to read to the end:

Supportive

JK Rowling - Wizard - Preety much wanted both the UK and the EU but she's starting to have second thoughts and is preety much just shocked and worried. I think she would be supportive of another referendum though not sure where she stands when it comes to Indepedence

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

I've found it now. Yeah, not the best written OP in the world.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

cargohills posted:

I've found it now. Yeah, not the best written OP in the world.

Tell me about it. And the thread title is crap as well.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I prefer this thread.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Pissflaps posted:

I prefer this thread.

I think Scotpol would be content with you sticking in this thread while everyone else migrates to the new one if that helps.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

I think Scotpol would be content with you sticking in this thread while everyone else migrates to the new one if that helps.

I think you're mistaken, though it might spare your personal blushes if that happened.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Vae victis!

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Latest post-Brexit independence poll is 53/47 for No:

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN1092OI

That's not what I was expecting, I would have guessed probably 55/45 to Yes.

Leggsy
Apr 30, 2008

We'll take our chances...
Ah, memories

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

Hoops posted:

Latest post-Brexit independence poll is 53/47 for No:

http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKCN1092OI

That's not what I was expecting, I would have guessed probably 55/45 to Yes.

Brexit hasn't really started at all and the lagging economic indicators haven't reported yet. I think there's a sense of "oh nothing much seems to have changed what were we all so worried about" but I'd expect a serious change in those numbers if the Tories start to really gently caress it up and the pro-EU forces don't swing public opinion enough to make not leaving a politically viable option..

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Somebody should really close one of these threads at some point. At least one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Found a Corsican song about Scottish independence.

Sterling Ridge by Vitalba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHLAELlbI-o

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
The sitting Tory PM and the leader of the Scottish Tories both have higher net satisfaction ratings than Nicola Sturgeon among the Scottish electorate.

Alright, whoever it was that opened up the wormhole to the parallel universe, 'fess up now.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

I'm personally particularly interested in what being "leader of the XXXX party" entails.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

TomViolence posted:

I'm personally particularly interested in what being "leader of the XXXX party" entails.

The conferences are something else let me tell you

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

TomViolence posted:

Tony Abbott?

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Don't you fuckin do it Scotland. Don't you do it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Vitamin P posted:

It'll fail mate, don't worry. The Scottish people will choose the crushing misery & fascism of Brexit. It's in our blood

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Vitamin P posted:

We already declared independence from this thread.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Tough one for Scotland, caught between a rock and a hard place.

No idea how I'm gonna vote on this, I spose I vote independence so I can remain an EU citizen and visit the rest of my family without getting visas or however all that poo poo will turn out.

Its rough though, both options seem poo poo and the currency question is even harder this time. Controlling your own currency seems like its always the best option (look at how well its worked for Germany :lol:) but the tories are doing their best to utterly destroy the british economy.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

I think Scotland will vote Yes and take the Euro. Which causes a lot of problems and makes the problems in the rest of the UK worse, but I think it'll be the plan that resonates with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

we as a country can't even make a coherent decision about which of the scotpol threads to post in, how can we be trusted on important constitutional matters

• Locked thread