Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Hughlander posted:

What's the best way to determine that without trial and error?

In general the higher value items are such in that there is another recipe that uses them as precrafts. IIRC golden strings are precrafts to frostfire harps. A lot of higher recipes require higher base quality too, like not just goods, but greats or flawless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just created an account and started a game, have went through the tutorial to the point that it's now wanting me to upgrade my city (the mine).

Haven't found where I can join a Goon city, can someone go a bit more in depth about that? I dont wan't to blow resources on a city that I'll be leaving soon.

Thanks!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

cocaine mountain posted:

Just created an account and started a game, have went through the tutorial to the point that it's now wanting me to upgrade my city (the mine).

Haven't found where I can join a Goon city, can someone go a bit more in depth about that? I dont wan't to blow resources on a city that I'll be leaving soon.

Thanks!

Investments you make into the city go with you when you move.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Bad Munki posted:

Investments you make into the city go with you when you move.

Thanks, powered through the upgrades and now am at the point where I can join a city. If anyones around, I'd love an invite for bcover27

Thanks!

sips
Oct 26, 2004

im gonna take me a nap on some dawg dirt

Axiem posted:

What's the best way to make money with Golden Strings? They don't appear to be selling on the trading house for all that much more than Nordic Lutes, and they take significantly more time and resources to make. Or should I be fusing them up to Legendary or something, instead of just leaving them at Good or Great as the mastery roulette gives?

I personally sell normal and good to heroes in the shop who are able to buy them. With a few music racks you can surcharge them too. The xp they give is really nice up to level 35 or so. Greats I sell on the trade house when they're going for 4m+, if not I fuse them up to flawless. Flawless normally have buy orders for full price or just insta sell since they're precrafts for Frosfire Harps. Anything above flawless I sell for gems or cash depending on how I'm sitting for cash at the time. I have lots of mastery so flawless and greats are pretty common in a batch of 4-5 crafts. I can craft them in just under 30 minutes now thanks to workstation upgrades so it's all a pretty good setup for making some nice cheddar.

pixfix
Nov 4, 2010

GET IN THE BIN
Are there any writeups on how the npcs request items from you? Most of the time they ask for the very beginning tier items, which sell for 100-300 gold. I'm only shopkeeper level 15 so maybe this changes once I get higher?

Kino
Aug 2, 2003

pixfix posted:

Are there any writeups on how the npcs request items from you? Most of the time they ask for the very beginning tier items, which sell for 100-300 gold. I'm only shopkeeper level 15 so maybe this changes once I get higher?

Heroes request items that correspond to the hero's level, I think within a +-7 level range. So if you want to get them to request pricier items you need to level them up.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Kino posted:

Heroes request items that correspond to the hero's level, I think within a +-7 level range. So if you want to get them to request pricier items you need to level them up.

The +- 7 range is what you can suggest to them, the request range is smaller, I think it's +- 3.

pixfix
Nov 4, 2010

GET IN THE BIN

Kino posted:

That makes sense thanks.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

It's time. :unsmigghh:

sips
Oct 26, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

It's time. :unsmigghh:

Haha, grats!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

cocaine mountain posted:

Thanks, powered through the upgrades and now am at the point where I can join a city. If anyones around, I'd love an invite for bcover27

Thanks!

Gotta get your ID number in addition in order to invite to Topaz City.

Speaking of, all hail Sips, new mayor of Topaz City since Various Things are gonna be cutting my activity down for a while. On that topic, can Topaz City get added to the OP?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Any of the available cities able to send an invite? My ID's: aegis#93053

Edit: Got it, thanks!

AegisP fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Jun 25, 2016

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

AegisP posted:

Any of the available cities able to send an invite? My ID's: aegis#93053

I got you, fam.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Patware posted:

Gotta get your ID number in addition in order to invite to Topaz City.

Speaking of, all hail Sips, new mayor of Topaz City since Various Things are gonna be cutting my activity down for a while. On that topic, can Topaz City get added to the OP?

Ahh, sorry. My ID is bcover27#56894

Thanks!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

sips posted:

Haha, grats!

Not bad for six weeks, going from just starting to shopkeep level 30, Golden Strings crafting, a good ~30 million in the bank, etc.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

cocaine mountain posted:

Thanks!

You will need to post your full battletag; e.g. DongLover#42069

Edit: whoops, left tab open too long.

sips
Oct 26, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Not bad for six weeks, going from just starting to shopkeep level 30, Golden Strings crafting, a good ~30 million in the bank, etc.

Geez it's been six weeks? Man I play this game way too much. I guess once you're steady with strings you'll wanna work on getting some rare blueprints from chests, those seem to fetch the big bucks beyond the string factory.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Is shop xp based on the price sold or just the item xp. Ie: should I discount a flawless item sold to gain back energy or double down and surcharge it for max xp? And should the answer be in the posts on page 1 that tell you to buy things to sell?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Discounting/surcharging has no effect on the exp you get from a sale, so if you don't need the cash, feel free to discount all day long for the energy boost.

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Surcharging is doubled right now. Offload everything. Holy crapola.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Auction house still sells higher a lot of the time.

pixfix
Nov 4, 2010

GET IN THE BIN
For those of you who went the harp route to make money what 4 workers did you use once you got four slots. I currently have tailor, Carpenter, and Luther but not sure what to use on the fourth spot.

sips
Oct 26, 2004

pixfix posted:

For those of you who went the harp route to make money what 4 workers did you use once you got four slots. I currently have tailor, Carpenter, and Luther but not sure what to use on the fourth spot.

Grab the jewel crafter if you can, you'll need her later on for music past harps.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Get into a town with T3 crafters, it makes the discussion much easier when you can conceivably have 12 skills with 4 workers instead of 8.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Klungar posted:

Get into a town with T3 crafters, it makes the discussion much easier when you can conceivably have 12 skills with 4 workers instead of 8.

I'm in a town with T3 crafters and am following the harp plan. When should I switch over to the T3 workers, and who should get hired/replaced first?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

You should switch over to T3 crafters the instant you have the money to do so. I don't know if it really matter what order you do so in, just take your T2 guys and swap them for a T3 guy who has their two skills and adds another.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeehaw. :v:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

So it looks like Xtanstic is going to get the second to last reward on this weekend's raid, the primal horn, which is as high as we've unlocked on our castle. Good chance we'll unlock and hit the blueprint next week.

If anyone's curious about raid goals per player, I did a very little bit of math. Assuming the blueprint or key is your goal, and you have X number of players actively raiding for that goal, each player should use the following numbers as their personal raid goal:

code:
Active raiders       Player goal for blueprint      Player goal for key
1 (lol good luck)    15,000                         10,000
5                    3,000                          2,000
10                   1,500                          1,000
15                   1,000                          667
20                   750                            500
25                   600                            400
It's actually pretty doable with not too many players. And of course, this doesn't account for lower level players who may tap out earlier on in the raid after their max reward is reached but still incidentally contribute to the higher goal.

So in short, if you have your entire city actively raiding for the blueprint, you can get it done, like, Thursday night without even breaking a sweat.

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
As I noted in the chat earlier today, part of my problem is that on the whole, my heroes are not geared and severely under leveled; aside from that, contributing 400-600 in a weekend isn't too bad.

Any good suggestions on how to get my heroes away from level 8? It seems like every mission either has them with a red frown, or grants them no experience.

so edgy i cut YOU BITCH
Apr 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Just wanted to check, the guide in the 2nd post says

"Every 17 great harps can sell for 2 gems a pop, buying you a leather key that can be flipped for 2.5 million on the trade house instantly."

Is this still the case? I tried scouting it out while I'm building towards it and I'm not seeing those types of deals available. Did it change with the patch?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

cocaine mountain posted:

Just wanted to check, the guide in the 2nd post says

"Every 17 great harps can sell for 2 gems a pop, buying you a leather key that can be flipped for 2.5 million on the trade house instantly."

Is this still the case? I tried scouting it out while I'm building towards it and I'm not seeing those types of deals available. Did it change with the patch?

Great Harps still look like they're going for 3 (to buy, you get 2) gems, yeah. Leather Keys are even lower than described in that, they're 12 gems right now and hover between 11-15 (so six harps that sell = a key to flip).

milward
Nov 5, 2009

I picked this up again, could I get an invite to a city? Milward#19854

Only lvl 7 yet but working on it.

soft kitty
Dec 7, 2012
EDIT: got invited. Thanks.

soft kitty fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 27, 2016

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

Great Harps still look like they're going for 3 (to buy, you get 2) gems, yeah. Leather Keys are even lower than described in that, they're 12 gems right now and hover between 11-15 (so six harps that sell = a key to flip).

I really wish there was direct player to player trading. I have been spending a fair bit of time refreshing the AH, and not once have i managed to snipe a key. Every single time, someone else gets it, to the point where im just giving up and buying them with gems now.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Frogmanv2 posted:

I really wish there was direct player to player trading. I have been spending a fair bit of time refreshing the AH, and not once have i managed to snipe a key. Every single time, someone else gets it, to the point where im just giving up and buying them with gems now.

That's the idea.

Really though the trade menu could be drastically improved. They should take a page out of Guild Wars 2's trading post, it's one of the best I've ever seen.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Does anyone have the link to that spreadsheet for tracking upcoming city unlocks and so on?

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
Do you mean the app or the spreadsheet

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

That was the one, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Wooooo, it begins!

Now I just need heroes high enough to sell to... :/