Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

elf help book posted:

wii u wins again

this is all i care about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tokyo Mirage Sessions backwards is snoisseS egariM oykoT

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

this is all i care about

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
nothing i love more than wrpg cuccbois squirming in their Diesels while the waifu wave looms. keep watching that metacritic tho, lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

it actually has higher review scores than any FE or SMT game

lmao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

actually i checked in metacritiic and it it only has 82 compoared to 93 from P4G, 83 from SMT4 and 85 from FE: Path of Radiance

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Polygon gave it a loving 9.5 though

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE is getting better reviews than any FE or SMT game ever has before

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
persona but with INTJ 40 year olds

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I still have no idea how it plays even after reading reviews. is it close to persona ? Is there a time management element ?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

The Devil Tesla posted:

Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE is getting better reviews than any FE or SMT game ever has before

nintendo has redefined the rpg genre

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Soral
May 30, 2009

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Polygon gave it a loving 9.5 though

polygon must be stopped

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

I still have no idea how it plays even after reading reviews. is it close to persona ? Is there a time management element ?

the battle system is basically personas. duno what the rest of the game is though

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wrap it up haters tokyo mirage sessions is exactly as good as fallout new vegas

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

excuse me but no smt or fire emblem game has featured guts from berzerk or dice

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

mysterious loyall X posted:

wrap it up haters tokyo mirage sessions is exactly as good as fallout new vegas

this cold hard science has sparked a conflict within the self between devotions to obsidian and nintendo

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

my copy of tokyo mirage sessions #fe isn't hear yet but i also don't have a functioning wii u pad

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

my copy of tokyo mirage sessions #fe isn't hear yet but i also don't have a functioning wii u pad

What's wrong with your pad? If it's the wireless that's a really quick $5 fix.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

P-Mack posted:

What's wrong with your pad? If it's the wireless that's a really quick $5 fix.

mhy left stick is psycho and i need to take it apart and replace it with a new one

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im pl,aying yoshis wooly world in between paper mario and i think im going to get all 2970 items. i love it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i also still want to go back and 100% donkey kong tropical freeze but some of the levels are so long and require such precision i needed to take a break after i beat it. im also terrible at minecart and rocket barrel levels lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

i also still want to go back and 100% donkey kong tropical freeze but some of the levels are so long and require such precision i needed to take a break after i beat it. im also terrible at minecart and rocket barrel levels lol

I never finished all the bonus levels because of this. I did everything in the Wii one but it took a long time to perfect those later levels and I don't have the same free time now that I did then so I kinda just gave up

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I never finished all the bonus levels because of this. I did everything in the Wii one but it took a long time to perfect those later levels and I don't have the same free time now that I did then so I kinda just gave up

im glad that they released a modern platformer that is just as brutally hard as the original donkey kong countries but it sucks they kept freakin mine cart levels which suck rear end and for some reason im terrible at levels that require me to only press the a button and nothing else

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
minecart levels are cool also i ,like bit trip runner

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the minecart levels are fun but they're pretty brutal towards the end. tropical freeze is so great

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o_B_qGoZ8A

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its hosed that there was no DLC for it or anything. i wanted to keep playing that game forever

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i hope other people eventually buy SMT x FE. its great

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda want it but I know I want to play Zero Escape more so I'll be patient and pick it up in a year or something

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

HolePisser1982 posted:

I will , it looks real good, I just have too much poo poo to play. Got a few days off work and gonna marathon VLR and then I wanna finish this run through SMT4 before I grab another RPG

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

paper mario is about as jrpg a game i can play

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

trying to jack off posted:

paper mario is about as jrpg a game i can play

so far its only been japanese in ways that arent destructive to the gameplay

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

In Training posted:

I kinda want it

goferchan posted:

I will , it looks real good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm a fire emblem freak even if the game apparently has nothing to do with fire emblem or smt

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

im ggonna but not for a bit, im swamped pretty bad atm

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
maybe i just didnt think about it other years but it seems like theres a lot of jrpgs this year

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I'm a fire emblem freak even if the game apparently has nothing to do with fire emblem or smt

Same except SMT instead of Fire Emblem ..... between Persona3& 4/Strange Journey/SMTIV that series has basically pulled my interest in JRPGS out of the grave. There's relatively little grinding, random encounters can wipe u out at any time if you're not careful, and putting thought into party composition/skill selection isn't an easy ticket to overpowering everything you run into, instead it's basically required of you if you want to progress through the game. Like its pretty much (& its not even that its that a bad game , its just at the other end of the spectrum) the anti-Bravely Default to me and highlights most of the stuff I love about the genre while minimizing the poo poo I hate

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

elf help book posted:

maybe i just didnt think about it other years but it seems like theres a lot of jrpgs this year

Not that I really expected otherwise but im kind of relieved Star Ocean 5 sounds so bad so I can skip it in favor of the other stuff I want to play/replay right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i will when it comes to europe asnd i have an nx or wiiu which will be as soon as they annouince backwards compatibility