Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPz179E7rhA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It's not often the sex offender is the one faking enthusiasm and then falling out of the car and vomiting, so give new Top Gear credit for novelty I guess.

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

sean10mm posted:

It's not often the sex offender is the one faking enthusiasm and then falling out of the car and vomiting, so give new Top Gear credit for novelty I guess.

:drat:

:vince:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

sean10mm posted:

:thurman:

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

Tide posted:

Easily one of the best episodes ever.

I puckered so hard when they bumped into the brick of the house at the end.

That and Richard Hammond Rescue in Canada with the Velociraptor and GMC 2500HD are easily two of my favorites. And Hammond strapped to the top of acrobatic airplane.

seconding this - series 22 episode 5 - It also features Hammond with the new Cayman and Corvette as well as May with the Ferrari La Ferrari

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

So I guess we know what Hammo thinks on the subject?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

neckbeard posted:

seconding this - series 22 episode 5 - It also features Hammond with the new Cayman and Corvette as well as May with the Ferrari La Ferrari

Looking back on it, the whole of Series 22 was really good.

The ambulance challenge was hysterical. The Australian outback road trip was probably one of my favorite road trips they've done.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Welp, enjoy that race to Venice, there won't be many of those in the future.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Ola posted:

Amazon pays in US dollars, I assume. :homebrew::getin:

Funny how even cartoon character Jeremy Clarkson's reaction to Brexit happening seems to be :wtc:

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 24, 2016

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Ola posted:

That is the only episode I have tried to watch so far, I say tried as I couldn't take it after a while and just went to go do the dishwasher and play with the dog. Everything that has been said about how it feels awkward and put on with some of the presenters not suited to television is completely correct. Also the race wasn't much of a race as they had to come up with bullshit challenges on the way to make it anywhere close to a fair race rather than old new top gear races being researched so they would be close without any other distractions.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I suppose the struggling Top Gear team being forced to be more creative with their challenges is one of the few Brexit upsides, along with Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland forming their own union called Nice Britain.

(e: not that Brexit actually means BBC teams are no longer allowed to film in Europe)

Ola fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 24, 2016

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

United Kingdom of not England as it is for racist gob shites

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

naw, its now the divided kingdom.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The Untied Kingdom

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

InitialDave posted:

The Untied Kingdom

Nice.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

InitialDave posted:

The Untied Kingdom

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

sean10mm posted:

Amazon pays in US dollars, I assume. :homebrew::getin:

Funny how even cartoon character Jeremy Clarkson's reaction to Brexit happening seems to be :wtc:

You'll have visa and travelling paperwork hell now, doesn't matter where the money is coming from

inkjet_lakes
Feb 9, 2015

BigPaddy posted:

United Kingdom of not England as it is for racist gob shites

'Your challenge.... is to see who can write the biggest, most blatant lie on the side of a stupid bus'.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS

jamal posted:

Was just watching the segment where Jeremy and James drive Peugeots around. loving hilarious.

MANIAC :argh:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/top-gear-crisis-matt-leblanc-8284542

PLEASE let this be true and the BBC boots Evans

But it wont happen :(

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Trending super hard on facebook right now but yea... It wont happen

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Yay! It's that time again:

James May's Cars of the People is on repeat on the digital channels.

EDIT: oh yeah the Top Gear celebrity interview programme is on too.

spog fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jun 26, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've finally figured out why this sucks. Its just a car review show.

The old reviews, particularly Clarkson's, were just a framework towards an editorial investigation towards the brand or model. They'd pick out a model then ask "Is the Golf GTI just fat and bloated now?", "Are BMWs still for cocks?", "Are AMG models too insane?" or "Are Lambos boring now that Audi owned them?" and then Clarkson would drive it around so there was something on screen while he talked about it.

Now its just reviewing the car. I was struck watching Chris Harris review of the M2 where he almost sets up "Are M cars now watered down?" but then nope he just drives around an M2 and briefly an Audi while saying brilliant a lot of times and then says its an M3 at the end.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The three guys were probably bored of doing just normal car reviews after doing it for so long. They kept it interesting for themselves by coming up with weird scenarios.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Clarkson is a master of "the wobble."

Basically, Clarkson inject stakes/drama into the review by damning a car for its best aspects and praising its flaws. Despite the formula it's often funnier/more interesting, particularly if they make a good point while doing so.

Harris, Reid and Evans just go "woooow wheeee zooooom!"

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

They had Coulthard and Ricciardo racing superlightweights and they only put it on the internet :psyduck:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I haven't even watched past the second episode. I want to give it a chance, I just can't stand Evans or the rallycross interview horseshit that took up 20 minutes of episode 2.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

It's still worth watching new Top Gear for Harris and Reid's films.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The Jag racing to Geneva section was the only amusing part of tonight's episode and it wasn't near as good as any of the other races they've done before.

OptimusMatrix
Nov 13, 2003

ASK ME ABOUT MUTILATING MY PET TO SUIT MY OWN AESTHETIC PREFERENCES
I actually enjoyed tonight's episode. That rolls is so sweet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Trigger Warning: It's The Sun

quote:

TOP GEAR host Matt Le Blanc has vowed to quit the BBC show unless Chris Evans is given the boot, The Sun on Sunday can reveal.

Sources on the crisis-hit programme say Matt has grown increasingly frustrated with his co-stars rudeness and frosty attitude towards the team.

And they told how he delivered a crushing ultimatum by announcing he will have no part in any future series that features Chris.

His declaration has left BBC bosses who have already agreed to pay Matt for two series with no choice but to pick one host over the other.

And it is believed a second Top Gear series, due to begin filming in September, may be shelved while they make their final decision.

A show source said: The big question now is who goes and who stays.

The team does not gel at all, and the atmosphere between the presenters is decidedly frosty. Its very much a picture of him Chris and them.

Matt has already indicated that he wont continue on any further series if Chris remains a part of it. And he is far from the only one who isnt happy.

Chris is not encouraging when any of the others are doing their links.

On one occasion this month he even pretended to bump his head against a wall in frustration when Eddie Jordan kept fluffing his lines.

He also seems to be jealous of the attention and praise which has been heaped on Chris Harris and Rory Reid in particular since the show began.

You would have thought that with his experience, he would help out those new to studio recording. But he doesnt encourage them in any way.

He just isnt interested. He doesnt even hang out with the others back stage and firmly keeps his distance from all of them at the aerodrome.

Radio 2 DJ Chris, 50, has faced bitter criticism since his debut on the show last month, when fans blasted him for shouting and patronising viewers.

Many called for the presenter to be replaced.

Meanwhile Friends star Matt, 48, was praised as the best thing about the show.

And fans lauded last weeks episode the third of the BBC2 series as the best yet after he appeared to be given more airtime than co-star Chris.

A BBC spokesman and spokesman for Chris last night declined to comment.

A spokeswoman for Matt said: Nothing has been discussed or decided.

She added the star is going to LA to film a new series of another show.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/1342259/get-chris-evans-off-top-gear-or-im-out-warns-friends-star-leblanc/

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10154282393048126&id=44547373125

Rutledge Wood is saying that TGUS is done. That's total bullshit, they were just hitting their stride. Doesn't sound like BBC is ending it but History Channel is. Maybe BBC can take it somewhere else and keep it going. Aside from the snow episode, this was a really good season.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHJB1sUgOfO/

e:f;b

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

blunt posted:

They had Coulthard and Ricciardo racing superlightweights and they only put it on the internet :psyduck:

Yeah this seems like a bizarre decision, surely they could have cut one of the scenes of Evans standing around showing off his classic Rolls instead.

(Yes i do like old Rolls Royce's but it went on a bit and we didn't really need 2 separate segments for the Dawn)

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

So they kill the only decent Top Gear left.

God dammit.

I've loved TGUS since its very rough beginning, this makes me most unhappy.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
gently caress, that really sucks, this season has been really good. Hopefully another network can pick it up

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

neckbeard posted:

gently caress, that really sucks, this season has been really good. Hopefully another network can pick it up

The way TGUK is going I'd suggest the BBC... :haw:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
British people would get real mad because they say dollars.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The vile enemy Chris Evans has decided that if he can't have a good Top Gear show then no country gets a good Top Gear show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Cojawfee posted:

Rutledge Wood is saying that TGUS is done. That's total bullshit, they were just hitting their stride.
I still never liked it nearly as much as the original but I agree, this season has been pretty solid. Hopefully another network picks it up, I never thought History was the right channel for the program.