Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

downstabs

http://i.imgur.com/OFQG9W9.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

"Anyone Else believe that Kojima is behind Brexit and it's supposed to mirror big boss leaving Mother base to create Outer Heaven?"

lol

Add crazy MGS theories to the list

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
busting up a pile of rubble in shovel knight and sucking up the gems

In Training posted:

Turns out people in this forum love video games lol.

it's good to talk about the fun parts of video games instead of griping about them

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
that reminds me,

-getting a really sick quick kill on a boss in shovel knight or alternatively downstab bouncing on bad guys in shovel knight

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
well i guess those are different things.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

firing a smart bomb in star fox 64

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I hate video games.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

:chloe:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- taking your 3ds out of your backpack at the end of the day and seeing the street pass light is on

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

ive grown up with consoles my whole life and i still kind of freak out when my 3ds works outside of my house

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

In Training posted:

Turns out people in this forum love video games lol.

video games are great

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Accidentally riding the ogre to the bottom of the Everfall in Dragon's Dogma. I think it happens to every player their first time.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

In Training posted:

- taking your 3ds out of your backpack at the end of the day and seeing the street pass light is on

Oh man

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

hitting the optimize equipment button in final fantasy and seeing all the slots change to something better

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

rediscover posted:

hitting the optimize equipment button in final fantasy and seeing all the slots change to something better

:whitewater:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Idk what's weird about that. gently caress you bitch.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the thread tag is a good one

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

loading a bunch of new Skyrim mods for the first time and the game does not crash

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

rediscover posted:

Idk what's weird about that. gently caress you bitch.

I optimize every time I get new equipment and weigh the positives and negatives of each new weapon and piece of armor before equipping it. It seems stupid to wait until all your equipment sucks to put on new stuff that you've had in your inventory all along and not even look at it, blindly placing faith in some stramge value system designed by a sleep deprived salaryman

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
I have aids

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ol yeller posted:

I optimize every time I get new equipment and weigh the positives and negatives of each new weapon and piece of armor before equipping it. It seems stupid to wait until all your equipment sucks to put on new stuff that you've had in your inventory all along and not even look at it, blindly placing faith in some stramge value system designed by a sleep deprived salaryman

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

I love to game

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
E3 dev showing off story, soundtrack, graphics, epic battles, loot etc etc
*crowd cheering and hooting*
from the back of the room: how about the crafting system tho

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im also the type that doesnt trust the game at all to figure out the best gear

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

even diablo 3 fucks up sometimes and it's doing basic addition

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It works in the older FF games because the equipment is usually just a straight numbers upgrade, so every time you reached a new village you would go buy all the hella sweet new gear and OPTIMIZE.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I got one: Hitting sort items in an RPG and seeing your inventory organize itself perfectly

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

ol yeller posted:

well i meant more like when you get to a new town and buy all the new poo poo.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

but yea sometimes you gotta go reequip the your cool auto-haste shoes etc

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I got one: Hitting sort items in an RPG and seeing your inventory organize itself perfectly

this was the best part of titan quest. poe doesnt have an autosort button and its the diablo that most badly needs it lol

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Pablo Gigante posted:

this makes me bust off

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In FF5 armor is only optimized by defense value so it will equip you with the bone mail and unequip your elven mantles every time.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

ths is the fuckin best

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- getting 5 or more points when you level up in fire emblem

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

-gettng a clutch crit in fire emblem

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

In FF5 armor is only optimized by defense value so it will equip you with the bone mail and unequip your elven mantles every time.

i almost want to get rid of my bone mail for this very reason but i know it's rly good for some stuff so i guess i just gotta deal wit it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hmm, gore explosions or hilarious ragdolls? a tough call. both good feels though

getting a combat shrine in titan quest and launching the loving goatmen into the sky team rocket style was some win but so is watching the screen get bathed in blood in d3/poe

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

bone mail wth a flame ring is fuckin insane for most of the game, espcially if you hve acces to fire damage so the guy wearing it can heal

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

In RPGs when you guy is gonna die but he gets enough xp to level up and is full health now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Fungah! posted:

bone mail wth a flame ring is fuckin insane for most of the game, espcially if you hve acces to fire damage so the guy wearing it can heal

u fortunately my fiesta comp doesn't have any fire damage so i can't use that strategy QQ