Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
The National Aviary is cool and good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rad Lieutenant posted:

poo poo. I didn't get video of the laser pointer. Have this clip of Flippy painting me a picture instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS0_E-SVEM4

cmere you little poo poo and be cute on the camera

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Well, at least not I know to take a laser pointer to the zoo with me. play with the penguins and the cats!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

poo poo. I didn't get video of the laser pointer. Have this clip of Flippy painting me a picture instead:

Would you like to get married? And honeymoon amongst the penguins? I'm male, FYI.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

10 Beers posted:

Would you like to get married? And honeymoon amongst the penguins? I'm male, FYI.

Looking back I realized you're the goon with the awesome dogs

So yes, I will gay marry you

If/when my wife leaves me

WillOfTheGods
May 30, 2011

RFC2324 posted:

I see no problems, and the fact that your house is/was that filled with flowers is incredible.

There's the 60~lbs I should lose and the fact that this is basically my entire wardrobe but thank you. Also RE: flowers, that's the view of the garden from my conservatory, it's a pretty nice view in summer if you can stand the 90-100 degree heat in there at least! Well, I say "my", it's my parents' house. I've just lived here for 27 years.

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Where can I get my own penguin artist? I bet there's money to be made selling paintings by penguins.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Hooray! If/when my my fiance decides she's had enough, I'm in!

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Love blooms in the selfie thread :allears:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

10 Beers posted:

Hooray! If/when my my fiance decides she's had enough, I'm in!

Its always when. We are goons here, after all.

:angel:

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

Its always when. We are goons here, after all.

:angel:

True. So, so true.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

RFC2324 posted:

Its always when

I hope that's true because I have been waiting a long-rear end time.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

You could take the initiative.

Wait scratch that, forgot what forum I'm posting on.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

WillOfTheGods posted:

There's the 60~lbs I should lose and the fact that this is basically my entire wardrobe but thank you.

Big wardrobes are overrated. and the depression beard looks pretty good :shobon:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Wait but I have dogs too. How are you both on polygamy?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Rad Lieutenant posted:

hey man i'm straight and if this falls through and you're open to the idea of the tax benefits and stuff, will you marry me? you're also pretty drat handsome so it would be very believable.

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

Teagan has a new favorite as of 01:37 on Mar 18, 2019

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Elsa posted:

hey man i'm straight and if this falls through and you're open to the idea of the tax benefits and stuff, will you marry me? you're also pretty drat handsome so it would be very believable.

Hmmmmm this is tempting cause we could get a tandem road bike and dust people all drat day but what's going on with your dogge situation???

I feel like the belle of the ball here

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Teagan posted:

Celebration friendly smile. Generally I look blank and stare-y.

You have such a great smile :neckbeard:

My cat is very needy and likes to eat my hair

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Look at all these smiling happy pretty faces.

The Grim/Tough Gang continues to accept all comers who refuse to smile, you'll find our clubhouse around back of Greasy Gary's Fix-It Shack, where we'll be listening to Smiths records and smoking cigarettes

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah, well, we have our own clubhouse! So there!

Where we eat strawberry jam and drink tequila sunrises and listen to third wave ska!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Oh wow, I went hiking fuckin again. Big surprise.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh wow, I went hiking fuckin again. Big surprise.

HI!

:swoon:

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
The good news: I went to a baptism this morning!

The bad news: It was for the daughter of my roommate's white-trash white separatist brother, so there were so many Thor's Hammers and questionable tattoos at the ceremony! You can see the despair in my eyes from learning just what I had gotten in to, but couldn't let my best friend face his shitass family alone.

Better news: I got to see Jackson and PrettyFace McGee, my old cats from before I moved, plus meet two friendly giant doggos named Xena and Sebastian.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

hello Singapore is hot and I had a tea that tasted like flowers

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

Welp, I think I've already given enough bread crumbs for internet detectives to link Lampsacus to my IRL identity so here we go. Warning, photos of a kiwi doing stereotypical kiwi things.
Wearing a scarf on Cuba Street, Wellington.

Backpacking South East Asia.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

I'm surprised we don't know each other! Wellington good

schnickety scribe
Jul 5, 2015

Simon says (sleepily, as it is morning and they're all still covered), [beak clicking sounds] "Birdie. Big wings," [small peeping chirp]

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I made friends with a penguin named Flippy today.

Flippy is cool as poo poo but one of her friends bit my shoelaces when I was trying to give him a fish :mad:

Rad Lieutenant posted:

Oh so you guys like birds?

Here's Flippy and her dude who attacked my kicks

Apparently penguins will chase around a laser pointer just like your cat, but the look like tiny velociraptors whilst doing so :3:
Where is this? I need to know...for a friend.

The Schwa posted:

I very much like your greenstone necklace.

Lampsacus posted:

Welp, I think I've already given enough bread crumbs for internet detectives to link Lampsacus to my IRL identity so here we go. Warning, photos of a kiwi doing stereotypical kiwi things.

What is it with Kiwis looking so fine? Are your islands just that magical? Why don't I have enough money to return, yet?

I didn't get to see any wild kea and I really, really wanted to. :(

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A picturesque country breeds picturesque people, I guess.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

The Schwa posted:

Singapore is v hot today ye, and that jasmine tea is super foul. Do yourself a favour and drink 100+ instead.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

kru posted:

Singapore is v hot today ye, and that jasmine tea is super foul. Do yourself a favour and drink 100+ instead.

I will try it tomorrow! I also had a dragonfruit and soursop juice and that was p good. also I walked a lot today and my feet look like hams

scribe, thanks! it's a pounamu my mum gave me before I left

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

The Schwa posted:

I'm surprised we don't know each other! Wellington good
Are you based here? I just relocated from Bucklame.

schnickety scribe posted:

What is it with Kiwis looking so fine? Are your islands just that magical? Why don't I have enough money to return, yet?

I didn't get to see any wild kea and I really, really wanted to. :(
Thanks schnickety scribe for the kind words. I feel I've finally figured out my optimal hair/facial hair combo. It only took 27 years!
You don't see Kea. Kea sees you. 'o_o'

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Lampsacus posted:

Are you based here? I just relocated from Bucklame.

Thanks schnickety scribe for the kind words. I feel I've finally figured out my optimal hair/facial hair combo. It only took 27 years!
You don't see Kea. Kea sees you. 'o_o'

I was! Wellington born and raised, just left on Saturday to go do a big life thing overseas. Welcome to Wellington, it's super great :sun:

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

schnickety scribe posted:

Where is this? I need to know...for a friend.

Flippy the penguin lives at the Audubon Aquarium in New Orleans. They get fed twice a day and for $115 per person you can spend about hour with one of the penguins before actually going into the exhibit and feeding them. It was a birthday present for my son who just turned 5.

kru
Oct 5, 2003

The Schwa posted:

I was! Wellington born and raised, just left on Saturday to go do a big life thing overseas. Welcome to Wellington, it's super great :sun:

If you moved here, get in on the Singapore thread in Ask/Tell > Tourism and Travel and join the cool kids club irl

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

sorry friend I'm only here for three days before jetting off to Europe on the 29th (my birthday!)

if u like choral music though we're performing at the Victoria Concert Hall tomorrow night

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Lampsacus posted:

You look like a model

Tiki Powers
Jul 19, 2005
If your friendship can survive this, your not playing dirty enough

Girlfriend and I at the end of a long night of dancing at the 30th anniversary of Labyrinth: Goblin City Ball.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Well that's super cool.

Y'all look good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you
Great. Now I have to the Vancouver aquarium and see the penguins. Again. Stupid selfie thread. :argh:

http://www.vanaqua.org/learn/see-and-learn/live-cams/penguin
In case you goons/birds/tough cutes can't make it to Vancouver any time soon. I also recommend the Otters.