Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Shoplifting communities are hilariously stupid, and Squiddy's back? What a time to be alive.

But man I haven't listened yet but I can't wait to, I've seen so many horrible, just terrible human beings in these stupid communities. It's such a blend of stupidity, entitlement, and just a real lack of moral character that you can't get in many other places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Tatum Girlparts posted:

But man I haven't listened yet but I can't wait to, I've seen so many :airquote:horrible,:airquote: just :airquote:terrible:airquote: human beings in these stupid communities. It's such a blend of stupidity, entitlement, and just a real lack of :airquote:moral:airquote: :airquote:character:airquote: that you can't get in many other places.
:thumbsup: :cawg: :smuggo:

Man, have you even read Fight Club?

This episode is going to be very cathartic for you.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Jun 25, 2016

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

gently caress, I was coming in to do this exact thing. That part of the episode is beautiful.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
Squiddy was on loving point this episode. Her chanting LMAFO's "Shots" at the end was the high point for me :laffo: Is that song a Reddit meme?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Can I just say that story of the person icing out some lady who almost reported a shoplifter was the most adorably teenager thing I have ever heard.

"How dare this person not psychically know the same things I know! I'm going to get angry and be passive-aggressive in a really confusing way!"

I am sad that nobody applauded at the end, though.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I brought this up a while ago but did something happen to Lemon's microphone? It sounds a fair bit lower quality than it used to and a tad muffled.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

"Bunnybread" posted:

I like diapers!

Little Baby Bunnybread strikes again.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

This is a really good episode. The subjects are terrible but not quite enough to spoil the fun like the MRAs, not sympathetic enough that we should be in any way understanding or accepting of the dumb poo poo, and stupid enough to be really funny. Plus, the readers do a particularly good job here, and it's the return of Squiddy.

edit: and the submitter has a really great name.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

look forward to Squddy's new podcast, MomFriends

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Benny the Snake posted:

Squiddy was on loving point this episode. Her chanting LMAFO's "Shots" at the end was the high point for me :laffo: Is that song a Reddit meme?
It was because the posts they read had "LMFAO" in them.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It was because the posts they read had "LMFAO" in them.
Oh, silly me I wasn't paying attention. Thanks.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Only tangentially related to F-Plus, but I was reading this article on the avclub http://www.avclub.com/article/jensen-karp-hates-fat-joes-irresponsible-aids-rela-238238 , and a certain hilarious phrase Dozerfleet had one of his villains say in some of his stories comes up in it.

I'm not sure if its more or less hilarious that the maniac didn't come up with that on his own necessarily.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Billy Gnosis posted:

Only tangentially related to F-Plus, but I was reading this article on the avclub http://www.avclub.com/article/jensen-karp-hates-fat-joes-irresponsible-aids-rela-238238 , and a certain hilarious phrase Dozerfleet had one of his villains say in some of his stories comes up in it.

I'm not sure if its more or less hilarious that the maniac didn't come up with that on his own necessarily.

It's an old urban legend. The Dozerfleet Founder only added his own deranged brand of homophobia.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jun 26, 2016

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Holy moley, this episode has some reprehensible fuckers in it.

Stealing poo poo because you really want it and can't afford it is its own brand of greedy dickishness, but it's something that a lot of teenagers go through before growing up and (theoretically) feeling bad about it.

But trying to rationalize your theft because "this company is 'cunty'" or whatever lame-rear end justification is the absolute worst. My favorite in the episode was the lady that said she felt no shame in clearing out an entire inventory of hand cream or whatever cosmetic poo poo because they tested it on animals. Like, rear end in a top hat, you aren't part of the ALF. Those shitbags at least stand for something. You just want some moisturizer and don't want to pay for it. At least own up to your greed. Jeez.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, the thing is, when you steal from like Wal-Mart, they don't curse your name at corporate HQ. What they do is take the money from some poor minimum wage worker's salary to compensate for it, so you're really just being a dick to someone who's just trying to make a living.

RyokoTK posted:

My favorite in the episode was the lady that said she felt no shame in clearing out an entire inventory of hand cream or whatever cosmetic poo poo because they tested it on animals. Like, rear end in a top hat, you aren't part of the ALF. Those shitbags at least stand for something. You just want some moisturizer and don't want to pay for it. At least own up to your greed. Jeez.

Also she doesn't realize that by taking and using products tested on animals, she's still indirectly supporting products tested on animals. If you wanna make a stand against that, just buy products that weren't. It's that simple.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

Holy moley, this episode has some reprehensible fuckers in it.

Stealing poo poo because you really want it and can't afford it is its own brand of greedy dickishness, but it's something that a lot of teenagers go through before growing up and (theoretically) feeling bad about it.

But trying to rationalize your theft because "this company is 'cunty'" or whatever lame-rear end justification is the absolute worst. My favorite in the episode was the lady that said she felt no shame in clearing out an entire inventory of hand cream or whatever cosmetic poo poo because they tested it on animals. Like, rear end in a top hat, you aren't part of the ALF. Those shitbags at least stand for something. You just want some moisturizer and don't want to pay for it. At least own up to your greed. Jeez.

what are you some kind of fuckin supercitizen

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Well yeah, that's what I meant. That particular person was reselling it. So she actually has no issue making money on animal testing, she just wants to do it without actually testing the animals herself because gently caress the man I want a burrito.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

Also she doesn't realize that by taking and using products tested on animals, she's still indirectly supporting products tested on animals. If you wanna make a stand against that, just buy products that weren't. It's that simple.

It's extra dumb because to the company that actually makes the product, theft and purchases are identical, since the store has to order more either way.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I don't think they actually described what idiots.win was in the podcast, so it's a game where you have to guess which of the answers is the top Google autocomplete for the partial phrase. Protip: Anti-Semitism is always the top result when it's on the list.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, the thing is, when you steal from like Wal-Mart, they don't curse your name at corporate HQ. What they do is take the money from some poor minimum wage worker's salary to compensate for it, so you're really just being a dick to someone who's just trying to make a living.

I have a job that involves working with LP at one of Wal-Mart's main competitors, so I'm not on the side of shoplifters, but has this ever been true?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Twitch posted:

I have a job that involves working with LP at one of Wal-Mart's main competitors, so I'm not on the side of shoplifters, but has this ever been true?

It might be true at smaller mom and pop stores (I've at least heard stories of people having their checks dinged when people drive off without paying for gas), but I don't think any of the larger chains directly charge the employees for theft or loss.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Nemo2342 posted:

It might be true at smaller mom and pop stores (I've at least heard stories of people having their checks dinged when people drive off without paying for gas), but I don't think any of the larger chains directly charge the employees for theft or loss.

I would assume that that's illegal

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

I dunno, the US lets businesses get away with a lot of lovely practices towards employees

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Djeser posted:

I dunno, the US lets businesses get away with a lot of lovely practices towards employees

True, but forcing employees to cover losses that are incurred from theft is incredibly illegal (at least in British and Scandinavian law)

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
It's a form of wage theft, which is both illegal and widespread. :toot:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
the bit on "morals" was possibly the funniest thing i've heard on this podcast since the richard marx right here waiting bit from loki wives

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Fanzay posted:

True, but forcing employees to cover losses that are incurred from theft is incredibly illegal (at least in British and Scandinavian law)

It is in fact illegal in the United States as well.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sham bam bamina! posted:

It's a form of wage theft, which is both illegal and widespread. :toot:

yea it's both terribly illegal and also hard to prove (thanks anti-union movements for making sure workers have next to no resources there!). In most cases I've been in the way it works is if some poo poo gets stolen on 'your watch' (despite them also constantly telling you not to be a hero and let the cops and all handle it...) then you just so happen to get docked for around the value as well. It's not making you pay for it no no it's just a punishment that happens to be similar to the cost of the items!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Tatum Girlparts posted:

yea it's both terribly illegal and also hard to prove (thanks anti-union movements for making sure workers have next to no resources there!). In most cases I've been in the way it works is if some poo poo gets stolen on 'your watch' (despite them also constantly telling you not to be a hero and let the cops and all handle it...) then you just so happen to get docked for around the value as well. It's not making you pay for it no no it's just a punishment that happens to be similar to the cost of the items!

It seems to vary on a state by state basis, and it is not easy for your "average joe" worker to figure out what exactly their rights are.

In Alaska for example, the law says:

quote:

A written agreement for deductions payable to the employer or person acting in the employer's behalf or interest is not valid if it would have the effect of reducing an employee's wage rate below the statutory minimum wage or overtime rates, or if it would require an employee to reimburse the employer for any of the following:

(1) customer checks returned due to insufficient funds or any other reason;
(2) non-payment for goods or services as a result of theft or credit default;
(3) cash or cash register shortages unless the employee admits, willingly and in writing, to having personally taken the specific amount of cash that is alleged to be missing;
(4) lost, missing, or stolen property, unless the employee admits willingly and in writing, to having personally taken the specific property alleged to be lost, missing, or stolen; or
(5) damage or breakage costs unless clearly due to willful conduct of the employee and the employee has acknowledged responsibility in writing.

You also can't just add in random deductions to get around this law; all deductions are supposed to be agreed to in writing to prevent things like you getting mysteriously docked after a theft that happens on your watch.

Your big "evil corporation" doesn't really have an incentive to try and skirt these laws, but the smaller businesses out on the margins do. They also have a better chance of it not getting reported, since they tend to be in areas with fewer job opportunities to begin with.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

quote:

I don't have time to argue with you about the garbage they put there. You're a noob if you think they care about ''improving'' your skin. They sell everything laced with poison to dry out your skin and strip it of it's natural sebaceous oils. Dove is one of the worst. So they can sell you overpriced moisturizers full of harmful chemicals.
THEN WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU STEALING IT

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
to "improve" my skin

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

THEN WHY THE gently caress ARE YOU STEALING IT

to resell it for double the price because these people are garbage elementals

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Bunnybread has consistently been one of the best readers and I hope he does this forever. I've been listening to random old episodes and newer ones and he's basically batting a thousand.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
"I'm Portaxx, listen to me complain about John K for ten minutes! :keke:"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Guy Mann posted:

"I'm Portaxx, listen to me complain about John K for ten minutes! :keke:"

I unironically want to hear this.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I unironically want to hear this.

36. Not as Funny with the Sound Off

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

just listened again, loved stog's mention of perennial song "click click boom."

e: also i've got some stuff by dj rainbow ejaculation. curious if this reddit dweeb is actually the same guy or just felt inspired by the name.

coolskull fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jun 28, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Not enough. I need 10 minutes of Portaxx yelling about animation without any interruptions.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
STOG will now read your submissions for $5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

How much to get Stog and Mr Plinkett to make out