Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Chill la Chill posted:

It is Thursday my dudes. Time to reminisce about Wednesday frogs.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Soon Rin, then I can leave this insane event behind me. 2/3 of the way through, and t1 is at 72k...

Don't I know it. I'm struggling to stay in range of it. Hopefully don't have to settle for T2, but we'll see.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

I'm kinda impressed they keep popping stuff out. That's what, the third OVA?

Speaking of less popular idols, did wake up girls shake out to be any good? I think I watched a few episodes and then it got buried somewhere on my list of stuff.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
WUG was an interestingly bleak take on things.
I wish subs existed for the two post-series movies.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Zenostein posted:

I'm kinda impressed they keep popping stuff out. That's what, the third OVA?

Yep. First OVA was the Awa Awa Girls coming to Nagarekawa to see what a boony-town looks like, second was a fantastic Christmas OVA for Yukari's birthday (she was born on Christmas, you see), and now we have this.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

WUG was an interestingly bleak take on things.
I wish subs existed for the two post-series movies.

So "yes, but probably if you watch it all in one go like a maniac, your face will actually stick that way."

Shame about the movies, but maybe they'll eventually get the TariTari treatment and suddenly exist.

Sylphid posted:

Yep. First OVA was the Awa Awa Girls coming to Nagarekawa to see what a boony-town looks like, second was a fantastic Christmas OVA for Yukari's birthday (she was born on Christmas, you see), and now we have this.

I'm glad the small-town idols keep getting publicity

Incidentally, I flipped through the (tragically small) amount of the CG manga on batoto and it was great~

Although I'm not entirely sure why the artist is so insistent on gutpunching Mio at every opportunity. But they are quite consistent about it, so there's that.

Also I'm pretty sure I didnt' post this there and it's loving great so enjoy DJ Breakfast
https://twitter.com/usuiryu_/status/745241604135366657

and also the continued ruination of good ol' Mika-nee's reputation
https://twitter.com/momomin217/status/745458288246947840

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Looks like Funimation grabbed Sunshine for the US & Canada.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Alright T1 is getting completely retarded for this event. I wish KLab would have extended the tiers to deal with all the whales. I'm too deep now to stop though, so I'm going all out for these last few days.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

I'd play it.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Cousin Ranko is adorable.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I just noticed she's on a Pinya.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh
I'm less upset now.

I really like that chart, it's probably my favorite 28 star.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Phantom Limb posted:

I'm less upset now.

I really like that chart, it's probably my favorite 28 star.

are you using a full combo extender team or something because dang that score is terrible lol

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

Futaba Anzu posted:

are you using a full combo extender team or something because dang that score is terrible lol

for some reason I had a life locker and a healer in that team woops

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Futaba Anzu posted:

:mad:

book
Nov 29, 2014

I mean, for an 822 note FC with SSR center, you'd expect something higher.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Argas posted:

I'd play it.

That size can't possibly be right. I know animes are short, but surely not that short.

As an aside, now that I know Ninomiya's the cool overheat card, I am suddenly slightly more motivated to try and get a second one. Hmm. Glad I looked that up.

Then again, I haven't actually used a double-Yuka team for anything yet, so I have no idea if that's even vaguely useful.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

book posted:

I mean, for an 822 note FC with SSR center, you'd expect something higher.

is this better?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Phantom Limb posted:

is this better?

Well I have an 830k~ score on master that I got on a half grind team so idk what's the deal with that

book
Nov 29, 2014

Phantom Limb posted:

is this better?

I'm guessing you're not running a team optimized for score. If it was, I think you'd crack 900k easy.

Phantom Limb
Jun 30, 2005

blargh

Futaba Anzu posted:

Well I have an 830k~ score on master that I got on a half grind team so idk what's the deal with that

book posted:

I'm guessing you're not running a team optimized for score. If it was, I think you'd crack 900k easy.

Here's the team I'm running with for Cool songs...

Everyone has Score Up except for the Rin SSR and Anya, who's got high Vocal to match the Ranko SSR (and I'm picking Cool/Vocal assists). Not really sure what improvements to make here tbh

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
You don't want all same skill. They don't stack when active. Typically you want two of the same skill for time coverage. Get some combo boost skills too.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Phantom Limb posted:

Here's the team I'm running with for Cool songs...

Everyone has Score Up except for the Rin SSR and Anya, who's got high Vocal to match the Ranko SSR (and I'm picking Cool/Vocal assists). Not really sure what improvements to make here tbh

Sonata Mused posted:

You don't want all same skill. They don't stack when active. Typically you want two of the same skill for time coverage. Get some combo boost skills too.

The ideal spread is 3 score boost and 2 combo boost. Tryhard mode would actually be 2/3 instead, but you need to make sure your two score boosters in that case have the specific spread and max skill to keep full coverage off just 2. Prioritize skilling up the combo boosters first since some math I can't explain shows they bring in a huger score boost overall.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Good and cute Fumika / Arisu.

Speaking of Arisu, I have to appreciate Black Mage Arisu.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

All Arisu are good arisu, but I really like "Heal Tachibana" the best, because "cool Tachibana" is hilarious to me for inexplicable reasons. Like, is she even old enough to have heard the phrase "cool Japan"?

https://twitter.com/morune1/status/746670740930363392

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I got lazy over the last couple days since I was ahead due to leftover big overflow LP, but Rin! EN-style double events are great for folks who don't care to tier.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Zenostein posted:

All Arisu are good arisu, but I really like "Heal Tachibana" the best, because "cool Tachibana" is hilarious to me for inexplicable reasons. Like, is she even old enough to have heard the phrase "cool Japan"?

https://twitter.com/morune1/status/746670740930363392

They were teasing her about that in the communications last time she showed up in an event.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I'm pretty sure when she brings it up in one of her commus there's an option to tease her about it. I mean, how could you not?

Like the name Alice could possibly be more embarrassing than "cool Tachibana"

lol glad this floated past~
https://twitter.com/miki2k/status/668625718868246528

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
https://twitter.com/30seclovelive/status/747064664601690113

the Aqours VAs acting silly is fun :)

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I got lazy over the last couple days since I was ahead due to leftover big overflow LP, but Rin! EN-style double events are great for folks who don't care to tier.

I'm likely not going to tier another double event unless the tiers expand. This is just ridiculous.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I'm likely not going to tier another double event unless the tiers expand. This is just ridiculous.

I could see the game theory appeal. "Instead of throwing all of my gems into a normal event, I get double the rewards for this one." *everyone else agrees and raises the tier difficulty proportionately* :3:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

wow 74k pt to be in the top 5k huh? With over 100k people who have >0 pts.

That's some tier setup. It's been ages since I looked at that, but that's pretty absurd, even for the "less popular" SIF.

Incidentally, I'd need to gin up another 2.6k points for a rin and I just don't think I care to. :/

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Frumpy goddess.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I don't know how many Loveca I used to get Rin from the LLSIF event, or to get to the top 25k. I decided once I got the Alpaca that I would go for Rin. Did all my grinding in one day.
It would have been better if it didn't give me the same 4 songs everytime I did a set of my full stamina. So many times I was 4th in score.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

I managed to tier the event. I wont know for sure until after the downtime, but I should be safe. All told it took me 33 gems plus never letting my lp bar fill. It was a lot of work.

e: Actually it took more than that because I forgot to account for the gems from event rewards. So it's probably more like 42 gems.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

ChubbyThePhat posted:

I managed to tier the event. I wont know for sure until after the downtime, but I should be safe. All told it took me 33 gems plus never letting my lp bar fill. It was a lot of work.

e: Actually it took more than that because I forgot to account for the gems from event rewards. So it's probably more like 42 gems.

Ganbatte Chubs.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I easily netted something like -10 loveca, but I think I could've stopped a lot earlier than I did. Paranoia over this being the first event I couldn't stay up late for pushed me into hitting 104k. I did get a lot of practice on the two dailies that were in Random rotation, though, and I'm pretty sure I can FC Soldier's Game the next time it comes around.

All in all a really bad event to have running when I'm also trying to do things in other games. There's a laundry list of changes people want in the change.org petition, but if they just expand the tiers I can continue being the lazy whale I was before.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Moldy Taxes posted:

All in all a really bad event to have running when I'm also trying to do things in other games. There's a laundry list of changes people want in the change.org petition, but if they just expand the tiers I can continue being the lazy whale I was before.

There's a change.org petition to change the features in a Japanese f2p phone game?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Polsy posted:

There's a change.org petition to change the features in a Japanese f2p phone game?

When you put it that way it feels silly!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Polsy posted:

You know, I thought it posted it here, but I actually haven't posted in this thread for a couple of weeks so here we go https://www.change.org/p/klab-global-please-listen-to-your-players?recruiter=558448493