Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

OK that looked incredibly stupid and then they shoehorned in the catchphrases and it became gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

"Black Adam was actually Teth Adam all along!"

"And I would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for you meddling Marvels!"

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

If Scooby-Doo team-ups got more like those Archie crossovers, I'd be satisfied for life.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Marvel gets Disney crossovers, DC gets Hannah-Barbera ones? Works for me.

Hell, Spider-Man would fit right in with those new Mickey Mouse shorts they've been putting on youtube.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

The Unbelievable Gwenpool #3

The whole issue was amazing between Gwen being the comic nerd she is, MODOK trying to deal with government bureaucracy, and Dr. Strange tearing apart the 4th wall to help Gwen.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Matt and Chip discuss how to handle a scene in Sex Criminals #14.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

That's great, but I'd really like to see them have a conversation wherein they figure out how to get more than three or four issues of the book out a year.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Spoiler: it involves more coke.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ghostlight posted:

Spoiler: it involves more coke.

Yeah but this time it's Fraction doing the lines :v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Scooby Doo Team Up #32

Is the rest of Scooby Team Up this incredible? I might want to look into it if so.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Kwyndig posted:

Yeah but this time it's Fraction doing the lines :v:

NICE!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's possible I'm missing :thejoke: but Fraction used to have a pretty massive substance abuse problem, I think he met KSD because they were in the same recovery program.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

"Dog Cops" came from him being high and/or drunk out of his mind and constantly pitching a fake tv show at SXSW iirc

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Skwirl posted:

It's possible I'm missing :thejoke: but Fraction used to have a pretty massive substance abuse problem, I think he met KSD because they were in the same recovery program.

I don't know about substance abuse, but he's definitely an alcoholic.

But Chip, he totally has his coke habit under control.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Warren Ellis message board.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Skwirl posted:

Nah that's pretty much the joke. I'll admit it's in poor taste. I just couldn't resist the setup for a double entendre like that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Die Laughing posted:

Warren Ellis message board.

They do recovery programs there? :monocle:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Detective No. 27 posted:

Scooby Doo Team Up #32

What about "Ruh-oh"?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

PBS Newshour posted:

What about "Ruh-oh"?

Rameses
Ulysses
Heracles
Odin
Hastur

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There's aren't enough gods for "Let's split up, gang."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Well only if you limit it to western cultures.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

You could do it several times over with just the Greek deities. I mean, Heracles isn't even a god and you're talking about a culture that has a god for rabies.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Ghostlight posted:

You could do it several times over with just the Greek deities. I mean, Heracles isn't even a god and you're talking about a culture that has a god for rabies.

And if you look at that list Shaggy get's one of his powers from Sisphys. Who was just a mortal man who did a ton of bad things, died, tricked Hades then got punked by Hercules.
So really you can get powers from anyone.

Popeahuntis
Apr 10, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Which is truly the lesson we should take away from all this

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I call dibs on the powers of Dionysus and Bacchus :cheers:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

The Question IRL posted:

And if you look at that list Shaggy get's one of his powers from Sisphys. Who was just a mortal man who did a ton of bad things, died, tricked Hades then got punked by Hercules.

The Persistence of Sisyphus!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The Persistence of Sisyphus!

I don't think Sisyphus had a choice about persisting.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

prefect posted:

I don't think Sisyphus had a choice about persisting.

And I didn't choose to be so handsome, but it's still a trait I have.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I call dibs on the powers of Dionysus and Bacchus :cheers:

When Malachite_Dragon calls D.I.B.S.! He gets the combined powers of Dionysus, Iris, Bacchus, and Selene, becoming the hero of the gay bars!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TMNT stuff is on sale on Comixology and I'm very happy that I picked up Mutanimals.

Later on, Slash and Hob get in a conflict when Hob almost kills a human during interrogation.

And later still.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Squizzle posted:

And I didn't choose to be so handsome, but it's still a trait I have.

:drat:

"I would like to be remembered as a man who won the heavyweight title three times, who was humorous, and who treated everyone right. As a man who never looked down on those who looked up to him, and who helped as many people as he could. As a man who stood up for his beliefs no matter what. As a man who tried to unite all humankind through faith and love. And if all that’s too much, then I guess I’d settle for being remembered only as a great boxer who became a leader and a champion of his people. And I wouldn’t even mind if folks forgot how pretty I was."

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Totally forgot Mutagen Man was a thing. That toy was probably the grossest TMNT figure.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gavok posted:

TMNT stuff is on sale on Comixology and I'm very happy that I picked up Mutanimals.

I really want to read this series now. Seymour Gutz.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's aren't enough gods for "Let's split up, gang."

It doesn't matter since Fred just keeps trying to evoke powers from Red Hera.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Die Laughing posted:

Totally forgot Mutagen Man was a thing. That toy was probably the grossest TMNT figure.

You should take a look at the version from the 2012 cartoon, it's the grossest thing in a show that keeps inexplicably doing some cronenberg body horror along its kiddy stuff.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Blackchamber posted:

I really want to read this series now. Seymour Gutz.

Huh. I looked it up and apparently his name was Seymour Gutz back with the original action figure and his appearance on the old cartoon.

The old cartoon had the best closure with him. His whole deal was that he was this nerdy delivery man that Shredder turned into a more kid-friendly version of Clayface. A desperate monstrosity who's all gross, but can shapeshift for brief periods of time. In the end, Donatello fixed him and told him that his next morph would be permanent. He pulls out Seymour's license to help him remember what he looks like, but Mutagen Man's all "gently caress that" and turns himself into a handsome dude.

Later on, the turtles watch the news to see April cover their adventure and she signs off by mentioning that she's about to go on a date with this handsome Seymour guy she just met. The turtles all share a :stare: expression.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

SilverSupernova posted:

It doesn't matter since Fred just keeps trying to evoke powers from Red Hera.

Boooo

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gavok posted:

In the end, Donatello fixed him and told him that his next morph would be permanent. He pulls out Seymour's license to help him remember what he looks like, but Mutagen Man's all "gently caress that" and turns himself into a handsome dude.

Hah! That's fantastic. Screw you, cliche 'just be yourself' cartoon lesson!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

MikeJF posted:

Hah! That's fantastic. Screw you, cliche 'just be yourself' cartoon lesson!

He also worked for Fly By Night Messenger Services. So many dumb puns.