Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
<Aatrek>

DOMDOM fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Oh my

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

DOMDOM posted:

"Do you really think I'm pretty?" she asked, gasping mid-sentence
as her vagina was stimulated. "Enough to make you excited?"

"Of course, Naomi!" Neelix shot back gleefully, rewarding her
candor with a slick hand to massage the miniscule bumps further up
along her body. "Watch!"

As the supple blonde watched in interest, he pressed his stiff rod
against her chest, letting the bulbous head throb appreciatively. Then,
Neelix imagined the most erotic thought he could muster -- if he simply
ceased all foreplay and rammed his cock up Naomi's unspoiled vise,
pummeling her holy place irregardless of all cries of alarm until he
filled her inviting womb with his potent seed. As he assumed, his
faithful tool swelled noticeably longer in expectation of being allowed
to fulfill his deepest desires.

Swooning at the realization of her body's power, Naomi allowed
herself to enjoy Neelix's ministrations for a while more before
continuing. "So what do you... do when it's like this?" she inquired
curiously, eyes fluttering open and closed as her nipples and clitoris
throbbed with intense gratification.

"I usually have to play with it a bit." Neelix answered decisively

I always assumed Neelix had a penis like a dog or cat that kind of slid out of a sheath but that doesn't seem to be the case here so my immersion is ruined.

Still jacked it to completion though so 4/10.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Wasn't Naomi a literal child?

AATrek re-reg account spotted.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

Chomp8645 posted:

Wasn't Naomi a literal child?

AATrek re-reg account spotted.

She was another of those fast aging species that Neelix loved :aatrek:

Just looked her actress up

:chanpop:

Blood Shart fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jun 27, 2016

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
jesus christ why does the first result of "neelix voyager erotica" involve pedophilia

gotta vet my sources better :smith:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Tectonis posted:

She was another of those fast aging species that Neelix loved :aatrek:

Yeah well Space Science aside sure Kes was played by an adult actress, but Naomi was an honest to goodness child played by a child onscreen.

I do not like this.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."

DOMDOM posted:

jesus christ why does the first result of "neelix voyager erotica" involve pedophilia

gotta vet my sources better :smith:

already reported to the FBI, can't wait to see the news report about the "voyager-themed house"

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
you'll like my harry kim mask and tom paris shaped dildo

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

would

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Automatic Slim posted:

How many Voyager threads have there been? This is the second I know of and what gets me are the dozens of more compelling ideas like the one you just spitballed than what they came up with in 7 years by paid writers.

At least Voyager could've had the decency to have been awful. It was just too bland to be interesting.

The series would have been great (or at least a lot better) if they'd actually stuck to the premise of Voyager being on its own. Unnamed crew getting killed in other shows didn't matter because it was believable that Starfleet just sent some new red/yellow shirt grunts to replace them. On Voyager it should have been a big deal. Not only on a personal level, but the work that person did now has to be divided amongst the remaining crew. After a few deaths, things are going to be getting pretty tense just because everyone's overworked. "Yeah, I'd love to help you analyse that strange star, Captain, but I've got to repair our inexplicable biological circuits, clean the spooge out of the holodeck and arrest the seventh person today who's tried to kill Neelix."

Still bugs me that the ship looked as good at the end of the series as it did at the beginning. It should have scarred and patched up. Internal bulkheads should have been getting cut up to patch the hull. It should have been a patchwork of parts from different races they'd encountered.

It really takes no effort to come up with better ideas for Voyager, and so many of them just come from following through on the idea of one small ship, alone, having to cross an indifferent at best, hostile at worst chunk of galaxy.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

DOMDOM posted:

you'll like my harry kim mask and tom paris shaped dildo

:yikes: :aatrek:

naem
May 29, 2011

Sunswipe posted:

The series would have been great (or at least a lot better) if they'd actually stuck to the premise of Voyager being on its own. Unnamed crew getting killed in other shows didn't matter because it was believable that Starfleet just sent some new red/yellow shirt grunts to replace them. On Voyager it should have been a big deal. Not only on a personal level, but the work that person did now has to be divided amongst the remaining crew. After a few deaths, things are going to be getting pretty tense just because everyone's overworked. "Yeah, I'd love to help you analyse that strange star, Captain, but I've got to repair our inexplicable biological circuits, clean the spooge out of the holodeck and arrest the seventh person today who's tried to kill Neelix."

Still bugs me that the ship looked as good at the end of the series as it did at the beginning. It should have scarred and patched up. Internal bulkheads should have been getting cut up to patch the hull. It should have been a patchwork of parts from different races they'd encountered.

It really takes no effort to come up with better ideas for Voyager, and so many of them just come from following through on the idea of one small ship, alone, having to cross an indifferent at best, hostile at worst chunk of galaxy.

Also everyone onboard has dated everyone else onboard by season 3 at the latest and now everyone is really burnt out and tense and surrounded by ex's like the waitstaff at a small town Applebee's

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sunswipe posted:

Ronald Moore dissatisfaction with Voyager led him to make a very different tone for BSG, especially ideas like keeping ship damage and scars consistent over time.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
Didn't they have janeway in one episode dress-up and act like a action hero and hunt giant amoeba or something through the ship? My god, that was stupid.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Police Automaton posted:

Didn't they have janeway in one episode dress-up and act like a action hero and hunt giant amoeba or something through the ship? My god, that was stupid.

Macrocosm

It was like that Die Hard episode of TNG only terrible

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I enjoyed that episode

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It's funny how the lights would shut off during red alert. If anything it should be opposite, keep em dim for power conservation, turn em up when poo poo goes down.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Weren't the lights on board supposed to dim and brighten for daytime nighttime

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Yes there was a night shift when the lights all dimmed and I guess the enterprise just got lucky 99.9 % that everything happened during day shift.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

oldpainless posted:

Yes there was a night shift when the lights all dimmed and I guess the enterprise just got lucky 99.9 % that everything happened during day shift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ApQrbhQp8

ramenpower
May 6, 2007

Society must take every means at its disposal to defend itself against the emergence of a parallel power which defies the elected power
Having touchscreens everywhere to operate a ship is a pretty dumb. Yea, LCARS looks cool but I can't imagine it's practical when your ship gets bumped by a gravitational anomaly or phaser fire. Read this thread and you can spot awful app users that rely on auto correct. Imagine trying to enter evasive maneuver beta 6 but you take a screenshot of the warbird that vapes you instead.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Temper Trudeau posted:

Having touchscreens everywhere to operate a ship is a pretty dumb.
Same, but with the Teslas.
But at least a car won't spray hot gasoline on you if something goes wrong.

Also I never quite understood how LCARs was a functional UX. You mash some poo poo and contextually the screen changes a bit or you just talk to the computer?

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
Beverly managed to fly the whole ship by herself just by having a conversation with the computer in Remember Me, so I'm not sure why you'd have interfaces at all.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Keeps the ensigns distracted so they don't notice the rocks til it's too late

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

LCARS double up great as exploding conduits.

Those nondescript jewel/candy like buttons from TOS were better. Much more descriptive sound effect than that cash register beep beep beep of TNG.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

criscodisco posted:

Beverly managed to fly the whole ship by herself just by having a conversation with the computer in Remember Me, so I'm not sure why you'd have interfaces at all.

lcars is the future future autotype ios keyboard

the doors and communicators, and therefore the rest of the computer, uses ftl processing to figure out the intentions of every single crew member before they express it. all any crew member has to do is confirm that the computer guessed what they wanted to happen, in case the computer doesn't get it right. the first guess is mapped to whatever finger is closest to the panel, and so on, and that's why you see people pressing buttons absent-mindedly, its just like clicking 'next, next, i agree, next' in an install wizard.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Temper Trudeau posted:

Having touchscreens everywhere to operate a ship is a pretty dumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMHAZwR-BdQ

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Or maybe LCARS is just the visual equivilant of technobabble and trying to assign a true, unified scientific function to exactly how it works makes you as dumb as the aliens from Galaxy Quest. There's no deep explanation to it, it's just visual shorthand for "make the computer do what I'm talking about"

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

Automatic Slim posted:

Those nondescript jewel/candy like buttons from TOS were better. Much more descriptive sound effect than that cash register beep beep beep of TNG.

Also sometimes Uhura really worked that red one with her thumb like it didn't want to move and then it makes this satisfying clunk sound and I think "Oh man what if that ruby was the head of my cock?" and I think Kirk was thinking it too.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Sentient Data posted:

Or maybe LCARS is just the visual equivilant of technobabble and trying to assign a true, unified scientific function to exactly how it works makes you as dumb as the aliens from Galaxy Quest. There's no deep explanation to it, it's just visual shorthand for "make the computer do what I'm talking about"

i don't think you "get" star trek

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Thanks now I'm going to watch Cause and Effect for the 10th time.

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Sex

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Tectonis posted:

Sorry but this is wrong. This is actually a terrible moralizing episode about why the Prime Directive is super duper important and the aliens are dumb as poo poo.

Sending the plans for reaction weapons to randos is a bad idea. The prime directive isn't all dumb all the time, it just really needs a bunch of EXCEPT WHENS at the bottom so you don't just watch from Ten Forward while a bunch of alien farmers get owned by an asteroid.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

criscodisco posted:

Also sometimes Uhura really worked that red one with her thumb like it didn't want to move and then it makes this satisfying clunk sound and I think "Oh man what if that ruby was the head of my cock?" and I think Kirk was thinking it too.

:riker:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Volcott posted:

Sending the plans for reaction weapons to randos is a bad idea. The prime directive isn't all dumb all the time, it just really needs a bunch of EXCEPT WHENS at the bottom so you don't just watch from Ten Forward while a bunch of alien farmers get owned by an asteroid.

That was all TNG's fault too and I have no idea why the producers went quasi-religious with it, going so far as to have Riker say "what if there's a ~*cosmic plan*~, what right do we have to alter that?" and it's like goddamn dude nobody's talking about beaming down and announcing yourself as the Archangel Gabriel in order to get them to adopt progressive taxation, it's just "hey we have the ability to save this civilization from being annihilated by a natural disaster they can't possibly cope with by themselves, in a way that leaves them totally unaware of our existence or actions, maybe we should lift a finger here and save a bunch of that 'life' poo poo we claim to care about"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
But what if the planet they save grows up to be the next Hitler planet?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Big Mean Jerk posted:

But what if the planet they save grows up to be the next Hitler planet?

I just watched this episode last night with fake time traveling professor. Picard verbally bitch slaps him for using that stupid argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Chomp8645 posted:

I just watched this episode last night with fake time traveling professor. Picard verbally bitch slaps him for using that stupid argument.

I taped that episode on vhs back when Spike tv was TNN.