Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

GTJustin posted:

Does zarya left click do splash damage? I was watching tonight's tourney between C9 and envy. The zarya pov was left clicking into a ult instead of using right clicks at close range.

No, but the left-click does like twice as much DPS, so if you have a reliable shot it's best to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autarkeia
May 24, 2005
He's whittlin' on a piece of wood. I've got a feeling when he stops whittlin'... Somethin's gonna happen.

Turtlicious posted:

Everyone post your Master Overwatch, so I can compare myself to you.

You know you want too, it'd E-dick waving.

Dooooo it.

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Eidolon-1517

Just because I'm an exhibitionist. Waving my e-peen all over the place. Ft

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
That would be an interesting Zarya buff, though, if they ever needed to do that. Make the laser's hitbox get wider as it becomes more powerful.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rocketlex posted:

That would be an interesting Zarya buff, though, if they ever needed to do that. Make the laser's hitbox get wider as it becomes more powerful.

It does, it becomes longer and wider as you get more charge.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown

Kelp Plankton posted:

It does, it becomes longer and wider as you get more charge.

Oh.

Well, that's actually what I assumed, but people here saying it "doesn't have splash damage" made me think it was actually a single-point laser. Guess I was right the first time.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Make the primary fire pierce targets tbh

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
I can't even

https://gfycat.com/SimplisticAgreeableAmericangoldfinch

:laffo:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i think the login servers are getting ddosed atm

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

this is how I feel pharah vs pharah

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Bolow posted:

Zarya doesn't need a buff at all.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

This is why, when my teammates pick Hanzo during setup, I leave the game and then burn my house down.

Papercut posted:

Zarya doesn't need a buff at all.

True, Zarya is already very buff.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I think I'm officially a convert to Lucio from Mercy. Sure Mercy is generally a better single target healer overtime, but Lucio just seems all around more useful most of the time with his aura of healing, is easier to get out of trouble (at least for me), and can actually do a little bit of damage here and there.

I even think his ult may be more powerful on average.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Rocketlex posted:

Well, that's actually what I assumed, but people here saying it "doesn't have splash damage" made me think it was actually a single-point laser. Guess I was right the first time.

It is single point, but that single point gets bigger when it has more charge.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

PotatoManJack posted:

I think I'm officially a convert to Lucio from Mercy. Sure Mercy is generally a better single target healer overtime, but Lucio just seems all around more useful most of the time with his aura of healing, is easier to get out of trouble (at least for me), and can actually do a little bit of damage here and there.

Lucio is way more fun to play in most instances. He's my most played by a decent margin, but I'm in the opposite boat where I need to play Mercy more. My win rate with her is rear end.

Lucio is also insane in KotH which is like half of the maps.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bolow posted:

only at a certain charge %

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

ItBurns posted:

Lucio is way more fun to play in most instances. He's my most played by a decent margin, but I'm in the opposite boat where I need to play Mercy more. My win rate with her is rear end.

Lucio is also insane in KotH which is like half of the maps.

It's surprising how easy it is to hold a point against an entire team of unorganized pubs with Lucio.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Mercy has one of the best aesthetic designs in the game and is fun to play.

Lucio looks like poo poo and is boring as hell to play.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Wheeee posted:

I enjoy flying after Pharah's as Mercy :3:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Lucio and Mercy have their different uses. Lucio obv for koth and such. When you're attacking with heroes like Reinhardt I think mercy is best. Both have good ults that win games. Sucks fighting off the last payload push in OT only to have mercy revive three+

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Also for the torb console chat. If nothing else I thought just actually adding some target acquisition time for the turrets would have been chill

Also hella people playing genji on console these days

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Lucio and Mercy have their different uses. Lucio obv for koth and such. When you're attacking with heroes like Reinhardt I think mercy is best. Both have good ults that win games. Sucks fighting off the last payload push in OT only to have mercy revive three+

I actually don't think Mercy pairs all that well with Reinhardt. His shield's doing all the work rather than meatwalling in like TF2's Heavy, so she really doesn't help him all that much. Plus if the shield goes it's either HammerTime or HideTime until it recharges. Lucio on the other hand can tuck in behind and get a sweet mobile rave going for everyone else tucking in behind the shield.

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.
would there be any interest in an overwatch thread dedicated to lore, flavor, easter eggs, and all that garbage?

edit: if you're interested in compiling this stuff pm me

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

OW lore thread should wait until either season 2 of shorts happens or the graphic novel releases

Because until then there's not much to discuss

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

PotatoManJack posted:

When weighed 1:1 , I would probably agree.

Over the course of a match, Mercy can ult anywhere from once every 90 seconds, to once every 20. I haven't seen Lucios get that insane uptime very often.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
in a pub game, what beats 4+ Toblerones defending? like once they have some ult charge going

Pharah and snipers do alright while there's long sight lines, but when you get a turret jammed in every crack of Anubis B, I don't know what you're supposed to do

seems like a strategy that is much easier to execute than to counter

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Wheeee posted:

Spoken like someone who never figured out his wallrun

I always pick Lucio if it's a map where the team will be clustered already, but I also pick him for stuff like Volskaya because once you get inside the base all those walls let you jump around and it's fun

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

This game is straight up unplayable in Australia during peak times now. It only matches you onto American servers with 220 ping. A bunch of friends and I have been trying for three nights now and not got a single Australian lobby during peak hours. Really loving frustrating.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Is that what is happening? We were getting matched up with Asian dudes and my ping was around 220

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

This game really, really needs a "maximum acceptable ping" setting. I'd sooner wait 5m for an Australian game than be put into a 220 ping unfun shitfest that I can't even leave without asking for a leaver's penalty.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BurritoJustice posted:

This game is straight up unplayable in Australia during peak times now. It only matches you onto American servers with 220 ping. A bunch of friends and I have been trying for three nights now and not got a single Australian lobby during peak hours. Really loving frustrating.

That's why you set your Region to "Asia" :v:.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's why you set your Region to "Asia" :v:.

Australian servers are on the Americas setting for some stupid reason. It defies logic.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BurritoJustice posted:

Australian servers are on the Americas setting for some stupid reason. It defies logic.

That's dumb as gently caress. I set mine to Asia, because it's the nearest region to us (and from the looks of it, a fair number of Aussie players have too), so logically...

Besides, I think even EU servers would give us better ping than ones in the US.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Zorodius posted:

in a pub game, what beats 4+ Toblerones defending? like once they have some ult charge going

Pharah and snipers do alright while there's long sight lines, but when you get a turret jammed in every crack of Anubis B, I don't know what you're supposed to do

seems like a strategy that is much easier to execute than to counter

Junkrat is good on that point for turrets, you can just spam from the sides and such and hit them.

One or two well placed Roadhog right-clicks takes out a turret and he has enough health to eat a couple turrets worth of damage while doing it. His Ult is also one of the few that can take out a molten core turret.

Zarya is good against turrets since she just gets massive amounts of charge from them and can make it really easy for other classes to take one out every 10 seconds or whatever.

But yea, a lot (all?) of the hero stacking strategies are easier to "execute than counter" because they don't really require coordination, especially the mass torb strategy.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Also for the torb console chat. If nothing else I thought just actually adding some target acquisition time for the turrets would have been chill

Also hella people playing genji on console these days

target+turn speed nerfs would have def been my first thing changed about turrets but I suppose a large damage decrease will help, too.

they could have also "nerfed" torbjorn by remaking some of the loving abhorrent maps to play on Offense.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

MinibarMatchman posted:

target+turn speed nerfs would have def been my first thing changed about turrets but I suppose a large damage decrease will help, too.

they could have also "nerfed" torbjorn by remaking some of the loving abhorrent maps to play on Offense.

The maps are generally fine, attackers should generally win if you think about how a game works: Defense has to successfully defend a point however many times, while offense only has to "win" the point once. You should also have the counter-class strategy advantage since you can switch heroes and defense has to react to you, not the other way around (and on the first point it's basically impossible to switch on defense unless you die).

Torb makes this a bit tougher since he doesn't really have the issue of "oh drat I missed my shot and we are losing the point!" since the turret doesn't miss. I can see them being a bit of an issue on console. Their range is huge and hitting a tiny little turret that far away with a controller is tough.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.
Roadhog is slowly taking over as my favorite hero to play (was Mei; still love Mei). Nothing beats teaming up with another goon as Zarya and wombo comboing ults. Also I love getting knocked off the ledge from Pharah on Nepal to my death, but hooking the enemy team's roadhog in the process. If I'm going down, I'm taking another ham with me. :colbert:

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Turtlicious posted:

Everyone post your Master Overwatch, so I can compare myself to you.

You know you want too, it'd E-dick waving.

Dooooo it.

Bask in my mediocrity as I literally started playing this yesterday. :v:

Having way more fun than I expected too.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Counter to mass torbs is two Reinhardts with people behind the shield who can take down the turrets then catch the new ones going up at level 1. Soldier, pharah, zen, mercy, genji, etc. Comedy option, mass d.vas alternating their defense field to tank turrets while building up to point clearing ults.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

subx posted:

The maps are generally fine, attackers should generally win if you think about how a game works: Defense has to successfully defend a point however many times, while offense only has to "win" the point once. You should also have the counter-class strategy advantage since you can switch heroes and defense has to react to you, not the other way around (and on the first point it's basically impossible to switch on defense unless you die).

Torb makes this a bit tougher since he doesn't really have the issue of "oh drat I missed my shot and we are losing the point!" since the turret doesn't miss. I can see them being a bit of an issue on console. Their range is huge and hitting a tiny little turret that far away with a controller is tough.

the payload and koth maps are fine but a/d is garbage in its current stat

volskaya is the only one that isn't incredibly painful on offense 9 times out of 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Blizzard's Attack/Defend aka Offense must spam ults on final point and hope enemy Mercy doesn't have rez ult.