Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

serious gaylord posted:

Corbyn is being asked to confirm he voted to remain by Kezia. There are rumours he voted to leave

Since no-one but Corbyn knows, who cares about completely baseless rumours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
A brave prediction for the future: whoever is coming up with these shadow cabinet replacements is not vetting them, and of the twelve or so of them, at least one of is going to have a headline-worthy skeleton in the closet

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope corbyn says he voted leave, for maximum hilarity.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Pissflaps posted:

If Corbyn only appears to be unelectable within my 'pissflaps bubble' then that bubble is pretty loving big.

Wake the gently caress up.

The very definition of unelectable are the people who failed to be elected over Jeremy loving Corbyn.

Pissflaps posted:

I'd be interested to know.

why

Dominionix
Feb 27, 2007

Because you touch yourself at night...

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you UK?

Honestly there is no way anyone here has time to type out all of that.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I'd be interested to know.

So your vote is between you and the ballot box, but Corbyn's isn't?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Flatscan posted:

Being highly skilled at killing poor people in foreign countries does give him relevant experience for being a Labour PM, I must admit.

TBF when offered the chance, Dan Jarvis (and James Blunt) declined to start World War 3. Maybe he's not ready to make the tough decisions that Blair would have.

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH

qhat posted:

Who cares what he voted for

I think a lot of people do. He should at least be smart enough to lie about it even if he did vote leave.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you UK?

Eight years of Austerity has driven people to distrust the establishment to the point where they'd rather blow it all up than work with it. Same as every other country right now.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

serious gaylord posted:

Corbyn is being asked to confirm he voted to remain by Kezia. There are rumours he voted to leave

He's already tweeted that he voted Remain. This is just Chris Bryant stirring poo poo.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Crashbee posted:

Since no-one but Corbyn knows, who cares about completely baseless rumours?

because it's what the rebels desperately want, they know that if Corbyn publicly embraces lexit, they can turn his £3 squad against him

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Didn't the thread just tear into a guy who admitted he voted Leave a few pages ago?

RobotNinjaHornets
Dec 30, 2012
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/745886722987294720

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Because a politician of principle shouldn't vote for a campaign they notionally campaigned against.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Please name someone who would win an election against the Tories, without running on an effectively Tory platform.

Take your time, I'll wait. It's not like the PLP have come up with someone and they've had 10 months.

Literally any name I say would be decried as Blairite scum by this thread because you can't process the idea that Full Communism Now is not something that this country wants to vote for.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

I don't care if Corbyn did vote to leave, it's another pointless distraction that doesn't contribute anything and doesn't mean anything.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Dominionix posted:

Nope. That's definitely not to say that I want that to happen, but I knew before I cast my vote that I (and this country) would face 5 - 10 years of challenges were the leave vote to be successful.

Why did you vote leave and how did you know this?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ronya posted:

A brave prediction for the future: whoever is coming up with these shadow cabinet replacements is not vetting them, and of the twelve or so of them, at least one of is going to have a headline-worthy skeleton in the closet

and that person *floats out of mirror and points blood stained hand* is jeremy corbyn himsellllllllf

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

qhat posted:

Who cares what he voted for
I do. I would say that if he did vote to Leave, it would raise amazingly pressing questions about his judgement, competence, and performance during the campaign.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
Still waiting for anyone who wants Corbyn out to present a coherent vision of what happens if he goes. Does anyone seriously think any of Umunna, Jarvis and Nandy are ready or capable of defeating a right-surging Tory party in a right-surging country? If so, why?

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

serious gaylord posted:

It's a ridiculous question. If he says he voted Remain then it'll just be "Corbyn lied about voting remain" - there is no way to prove it to the satisfaction of those determined to believe otherwise and even just engaging with it makes it more of a thing.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Tesseraction posted:

So your vote is between you and the ballot box, but Corbyn's isn't?

I said I'd be interested to know, i'm not saying he should be compelled to tell anybody.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

I do. I would say that if he did vote to Leave, it would raise amazingly pressing questions about his judgement, competence, and performance during the campaign.

just in case people keep missing it

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

peanut- posted:

Literally any name I say would be decried as Blairite scum by this thread because you can't process the idea that Full Communism Now is not something that this country wants to vote for.

So you can't think of one then? That's literally the only reason I can think of why you wouldn't toss one out to inevitably be shot down.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Dominionix posted:

I, too, was expecting rainbows and free lollipops for everyone after two days. Can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

I'm sure you would.

Sad, but very true.

What are you expecting to happen that justifies all this?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TomViolence posted:

So you can't think of one then? That's literally the only reason I can think of why you wouldn't toss one out to inevitably be shot down.

He just doesn't want to be fuckbarrelled for saying Liz Kendall.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Pissflaps posted:

Because a politician of principle shouldn't vote for a campaign they notionally campaigned against.

Oh so really you're just trying to see whether he's a "man of principle", because that isn't the idiotic adhom mentality that helped the leave vote win in the first place.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Still waiting for anyone who wants Corbyn out to present a coherent vision of what happens if he goes. Does anyone seriously think any of Umunna, Jarvis and Nandy are ready or capable of defeating a right-surging Tory party in a right-surging country? If so, why?

Jarvis will kill all the Tories. He was a soldier you know. He probably killed people.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Pissflaps posted:

If Corbyn only appears to be unelectable within my 'pissflaps bubble' then that bubble is pretty loving big.

Wake the gently caress up.

Wake the gently caress up to Labour being unelectable no matter who the leader is, you mean?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Tesseraction posted:

and that person *floats out of mirror and points blood stained hand* is jeremy corbyn himsellllllllf

probably seumas milne, really

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

qhat posted:

Oh so really you're just trying to see whether he's a "man of principle", because that isn't the idiotic adhom mentality that helped the leave vote win in the first place.

Isn't that the boast that helped him win the labour leadership?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

El Pollo Blanco posted:

Wake the gently caress up to Labour being unelectable no matter who the leader is, you mean?

I must have imagined living through 13 years of Labour government.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ronya posted:

probably seumas milne, really

he's already been called a stalinist in parliament so I'm not sure what could be worse, unless you're implying he has a rape dungeon

although apparently that's more of a maoist thing these days

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Pissflaps posted:

Isn't that the boast that helped him win the labour leadership?

idk Andy Burnham is my man

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

peanut- posted:

That's a cop out. I voted for Watson as deputy leader because I knew Labour needed balance, have praised Nandy effusively for months and even said I could deal with Umunna provided there was a strong left wing deputy to keep him in line. Just name a name.

My biggest issue with "Corbyn out" is it's a total leap in the dark. I'm not married to Corbyn, I just want something other than "Corbyn out, ????, Profit".

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

What are you expecting to happen that justifies all this?

Well he was expecting misery and he was right. Checkmate EUailures. :smug:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/JWoodcockMP/status/747394488474157057

he was immediately shot down by Emily Thornberry who was previous defence sec but will fill in the role for today

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.
or john mcdonnell, who is probably worse in political judgment but that much more convinced of himself I'm sorry, has convictions

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Who, in the Labour party, would you say has good "political judgement".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

peanut- posted:

lol you loving coward

you could have said Lisa Nandy or even Owen Smith jesus christ

• Locked thread