Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

bowmore posted:

It makes total sense that no-nonsense Trunks would just take care of Dabura and Babidi without giving Buu a chance to be unleashed, good work Super.

His saving grace is that his stupidity comes in a different form than his fathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pik_d posted:

His saving grace is that his stupidity comes in a different form than his fathers.
We all have our faults!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It is important that jobbers maintain some credibility, because otherwise you end up with Yamcha. So it is vital that once in a while you allow the jobber to defeat bad guys.

Just not important bad guys.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

It is important that jobbers maintain some credibility, because otherwise you end up with Yamcha. So it is vital that once in a while you allow the jobber to defeat bad guys.

All hail Vegeta, king of the Jobbers.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Pureauthor posted:

Trunks killed Android 17 and 18, Cell, Dabura, and Babadi, that's not a bad run all things considered.

He did however introduce a second Cell and now Black to a peaceful Earth, so he's hosed up there.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pik_d posted:

Trunks killed Android 17 and 18, Cell, Dabura, and Babadi, that's not a bad run all things considered.

He did however introduce a second Cell and now Black to a peaceful Earth, so he's hosed up there.
The Time machine only exists to offload the poo poo he can't handle himself to someone else

pretty smart imo

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Also Trunks' SSJ2 doesn't look any different from SSJ

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pik_d posted:

Also Trunks' SSJ2 doesn't look any different from SSJ
it has electricity sparks buddy

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

bowmore posted:

it has electricity sparks buddy

I mean the shape of his hair, normally it gets more spikes

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pik_d posted:

I mean the shape of his hair, normally it gets more spikes
Trunks normally has spiky super saiyan hair

dude you are nitpicking

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Just caught up with Super. I wonder who Black is. Anyone else feel this will be a short arc?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'll be honest, I goddamn can't tell SSJ1 and 2 apart except for the electric sparks.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

ImpAtom posted:

I'll be honest, I goddamn can't tell SSJ1 and 2 apart except for the electric sparks.

Normally the spikes get thinner and more numerous, and sometimes the hair is a slightly darker yellow, didn't happen for Trunks

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's easier to tell in the manga, aside from electricity, because SSJ hair is usually drawn as one solid mass and SSJ2 has more individual spikes.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Future Trunks is like hyper loving competent. Arguably the most competent and well adjusted of any of the Z fighters

He's just real unfortunate that life seems to want to gently caress him over at every possible turn.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

Just caught up with Super. I wonder who Black is. Anyone else feel this will be a short arc?

I don't think it will be a short arc, but I do think the Black is just some kind of minion. He is going to be beaten in the next 4-5 episodes, tops.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Rutibex posted:

I don't think it will be a short arc, but I do think the Black is just some kind of minion. He is going to be beaten in the next 4-5 episodes, tops.

Yeah the ring makes it seem like there's someone behind him. And the whole being an evil Goku.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dragon ball probably would have been better if toryiama had tried to make trunks the protagonist instead of gohan.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ss2 looked different with gohan when he was a kid but goku and vegeta's hair looks exactly the same to me

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gohan is the only one to get a noticeable change in his hair style from fully powered SSJ 1 to SSJ2.

Vegets basically is always rocking SSJ2 hair

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Rutibex posted:

Yeah, that's what the most recent episode made me think as well.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

ImpAtom posted:

Everyone except Vegeta has a single strand of hair in front of their eyes.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Tae posted:

Everyone except Vegeta has a single strand of hair in front of their eyes.

Which is also true for Gohan's Super Saiyan form as of Battle of Gods, making both forms impossible to distinguish.

That said, for Trunks this isn't anything new. In Budokai 2 and onwards, his Super Saiyan 2 form did not change his model at all from his Super Saiyan one. Heroes did make his hair change slightly by pointing more upwards rather than to the sides, looking more compact, but this is basically just following the original SS2 Trunks.

In Xenoverse, the Super Saiyan 2 Future Warrior doesn't change at all from Super Saiyan beyond sparks...but then again, they also don't change hair at all between base and SS. Which Vegeta doesn't either, but it still annoys me.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the games probably didn't change his look because he never went ss2 in the shows and they had nothing to go on

so they just went "eh gently caress it" and gave him the electricity thing and called it a day

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Dexo posted:

Future Trunks is like hyper loving competent. Arguably the most competent and well adjusted of any of the Z fighters

He's just real unfortunate that life seems to want to gently caress him over at every possible turn.

The lesson to learn here is competence leads only to disaster.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Its cool that Trunks is like this guy murdered everyone including my Mom and Goku is like hahaha he sure seems strong. :downs:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Kild posted:

Its cool that Trunks is like this guy murdered everyone including my Mom and Goku is like hahaha he sure seems strong. :downs:

He's like that about Buu and Cell too

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Kild posted:

To be fair it's not like death matters in Dragon Ball. In fact since you seem to stay the age you were when you died you could argue that dying before you get too old is a good thing.

Or course that's not why Goku is like that, but still.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Future Trunks got an assessment from Beerus and Whis. Has Gohan ever received an assessment from either of them?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I feel like Whis' comment towards Goku about how he needs to stop judging how strong people are simply by fighting skills is going to bite Goku in the rear end hard this arc

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bushmaori posted:

To be fair it's not like death matters in Dragon Ball. In fact since you seem to stay the age you were when you died you could argue that dying before you get too old is a good thing.

Or course that's not why Goku is like that, but still.

Death doesn't matter to Goku. Everyone who has ever been murdered in his life, outside of Grandpa Gohan, has been resurrected and the one time he thought they couldn't he went Super Saiyan.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Kild posted:

Death doesn't matter to Goku. Everyone who has ever been murdered in his life, outside of Grandpa Gohan, has been resurrected

Not his dear brother Radditz :(

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

i love that cataclysmic battles happen so often in Bulma's backyard she finally made a super saiyan containment field

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rutibex posted:

Not his dear brother Radditz :(

And poor bald nappa.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

I feel like Whis' comment towards Goku about how he needs to stop judging how strong people are simply by fighting skills is going to bite Goku in the rear end hard this arc

It's going to turn out that Black is Goku from the alternate timeline Cell came back from, pissed off that everyone let Chi-Chi die for real (somehow in that alternate timeline Goku didn't die from the heart virus and was only put into a coma), then after he beats everyone except Beerus and Whis, is going to be defeated when Chi-Chi shows up, mistakes him for actual Goku, and yells at him for not picking enough lettuce for dinner.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Great White Hope posted:

It's going to turn out that Black is Goku from the alternate timeline Cell came back from, pissed off that everyone let Chi-Chi die for real (somehow in that alternate timeline Goku didn't die from the heart virus and was only put into a coma), then after he beats everyone except Beerus and Whis, is going to be defeated when Chi-Chi shows up, mistakes him for actual Goku, and yells at him for not picking enough lettuce for dinner.

You think Goku would care if ChiChi died.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kild posted:

You think Goku would care if ChiChi died.

Well, yeah.

She cooks his dinner.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Kild posted:

Goku's been like that with every bad guy in dbz.

I mean, he'll try and stop the bad guy from reaching their perfect form or whatever, but once they do, what the hell you might as well enjoy the ride right?

ImpAtom posted:

I can tell when goku's going ss2 because his hair has less strands, but with vegeta's its goddamn near impossible.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Rigged Death Trap posted:

And poor bald nappa.

And King Kai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Still loving that Super is animated like the worst episodes of DBZ, but for the entire series. Toei does not give a single gently caress. Then again, I am still watching it so jokes on me I guess.

SSj2 simply pushes their hair further upwards than it already was as an SSj, and this causes the different masses to separate further. Gohan is just the only one that gains a noticeably different appearance because his original SSj form back then wasn't straight up to begin with like Goku's. And Trunks did gain noticeable jagged edges to the tips of his hair when he went SSj2 that weren't present or not as noticeable when he was only SSj. But since it was all drawn like babby's first anime tracings it's kind of hard to tell.

I'm betting on Black being a body snatcher using an alternate Goku's body due to his innate natural strength. I find it unlikely he's actually an evil Goku. It also seems like they're pushing the arc fast, which means Black is probably not the real big bad or they just needed something to fill in the time before the next tournament and they came up with "Goku, but evil" because Aqua Vegeta was too boring. Also, totally called it that Goku would be a big bad at some point as soon as we all learned that the series was introducing a multiverse. I love being right.

I have never loved and hated a show in quite the same way as Super. It's like all the boring parts of DBZ, a heaping helping of GT's sensibilities, and the best parts of Dragon Ball all shoved into a blender with a garnish of shoestring budget. It's kind of magical in it's own way.

I will now proceed to wait excitedly for the next episode.

• Locked thread