Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
He should appoint Chris Huhne to the Shadow Cabinet. Now there's a man with convictions. :v:

e: 430: the likely amount that the FTSE 100 will have dropped since polls closed by the end of trading today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Wolfsbane posted:

Who, in the Labour party, would you say has good "political judgement".

The ones urging Corbyn to resign.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Still waiting for anyone who wants Corbyn out to present a coherent vision of what happens if he goes. Does anyone seriously think any of Umunna, Jarvis and Nandy are ready or capable of defeating a right-surging Tory party in a right-surging country? If so, why?
Angela Eagle would be a good party leader, and there wouldn't be the same kind of distractions getting in the way of effective national politics. Settle down all the party members who are chimping out right now, present an air of competency to swing voters that the media have to argue against, rather than an air of incompetency to swing voters that the media will gleefully reinforce, and get everyone in the party on message. Present someone to the northern Leave voters who isn't an old hippy from Islington.

Also yes I do think Chuka Umunna is certainly capable of winning the general election, same with Dan Jarvis. I'd rather not have to vote for them though.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

McDonnell political judgement is great. He literally quoted verbatim from Mao's red book in parliament.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Chris Bryant suspects Corbyn may have voted for leave lol the sly old fox

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hoops posted:

Also yes I do think Chuka Umunna is certainly capable of winning the general election, same with Dan Jarvis. I'd rather not have to vote for them though.

IDK, version Bozza Lejjuurrrnd it's going to be a difficult one

although Miliband did manage to punk him that one time during the GE last year, but then Bozza didn't have the weight of the Tory press to back him up subsequently like the party leader would

Plasmafountain
Jun 17, 2008

Me watching the news from the FTSE this morning:

This is loving insane, everything is loving burning to the ground

Crashbee
May 15, 2007

Stupid people are great at winning arguments, because they're too stupid to realize they've lost.

qhat posted:

McDonnell political judgement is great. He literally quoted verbatim from Mao's red book in parliament.

He quoted a Chinese political leader in a political discussion about China? Shocking.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Blue Star Error posted:

Chris Bryant suspects Corbyn may have voted for leave lol the sly old fox

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/dats/status/747394435395125248

Create memes to support Jeremy! :suicide:

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

peanut- posted:

Literally any name I say would be decried as Blairite scum by this thread because you can't process the idea that Full Communism Now is not something that this country wants to vote for.

Nah I'm completely opposed to full communism now as a serious suggestion as are lots in the thread, we've even suggested several names that a lot of us would even prefer to Corbyn, I for example like Clive Lewis. If you suggest a Blairite you would be decried for liking Blairites who you know like Blair a literal war criminal who's influence from the Labour party should be expunged.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
double post

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Memes and Twibbons.

Cool.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Wolfsbane posted:

Who, in the Labour party, would you say has good "political judgement".

chuka's decision to stay out the fray last year is looking better all the time

hilary has been much more effective at messaging management

sadiq has been sensible; he's also going to be sensible enough to focus on working his own ground

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

If Corbyn was to be forced to resign I'd want it to be because the labour party is failing to pick up votes, and not because a bunch of Blairite pricks are salty and have had it in for him since the very beginning. The guy has been the leader for 9 freaking months, it's impossible to judge whether or not he will be effective at the polls.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
David Milliband could probably take it, fwiw. Being the gently caress away from the UK is going to set up one hell of a prodigal son narrative, the "voice of reason cast out" line writes itself. Doubt he'd take that poisoned chalice though.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

We have a new QOTD.

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/747402129648812033 posted:

No10 spkswoman on #indyref2 "The last thing Scotland needs now is a divisive referendum".
Looked offended when Lobby hacks laughed out loud

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

qhat posted:

Given that Gideon is basically reenacting the Great Leap Forward right now this seems remarkably prescient of him.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/747387912451424256

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/747388080588460032

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/747388533099339776

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/747400073143783424

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Yeah it's getting more and more clear "Corbyn actually voted for Leave" is a rumour that's being spread to put the boot in.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Cerebral Bore posted:

Given that Gideon is basically reenacting the Great Leap Forward right now this seems remarkably prescient of him.

I'm glad Gideon decided to read McDonnell's thoughtful gift.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

Peace.

Tesseraction posted:

and that person *floats out of mirror and points blood stained hand* is jeremy corbyn himsellllllllf

I just realized that Tess here was referring to said skeleton-hoarder, not the vetter

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

European Parliament putting the screws on

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Hoops posted:

Yeah it's getting more and more clear "Corbyn actually voted for Leave" is a rumour that's being spread to put the boot in.

He definitely voted leave imo he planned this from the start in the first clever piece of left wing political maneuvering in history

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I heard that Corbyn actually spoiled his ballot with a cock.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I can't believe that our economy is freefalling into oblivion right now following a referendum campaign of straight lies and the media only cares about smearing the political career of a leader whose voting base did some of the most work to keep the country in the EU while the real villains are apparently free to go on holiday. What the gently caress is going on? At least Corbyn is around and actually doing something, where the gently caress are the Tories? They caused this mess, but nobody wants to point a finger at them because???

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pipski posted:

We have a new QOTD.

dear loving god

sitcom and reality tv have converged

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
We're taking Ireland down with us, Dublin hourse has lost 7.7% today.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/747397655505014784

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

SUNKOS posted:

I can't believe that our economy is freefalling into oblivion right now following a referendum campaign of straight lies and the media only cares about smearing the political career of a leader whose voting base did some of the most work to keep the country in the EU while the real villains are apparently free to go on holiday. What the gently caress is going on? At least Corbyn is around and actually doing something, where the gently caress are the Tories? They caused this mess, but nobody wants to point a finger at them because???
Because they're like a million billion times better at "politics" than the current Labour party.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Becuase it is so much easier to say "look how much of a crisis Labour is having whilst they do stuff!"

Whilst the tories appear to have given up all pretence of ruling and all just gone "gently caress this, gently caress that and gently caress you." Before devouring themselves in panic over the fact that some of their members made this happen.

That and, now it is becoming apparent that they have hosed themselves, a lot of the leave side is kind of going into a panic of biblical proportions.

And "politics" these days more seems to be cosying up to the Press rather than actually doing anything and, when we end up getting decimated in a few weeks time, it'll still somehow be Corbyns fault for, I dunno, lets say scrificing a goat on the alter of StalinSatan.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
lol at everyone in the thread going after Corbyn as if the PLP aren't the loving problem and always have been.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Well it's only the Parliament so you guys are safe right now but it's nice to think someone at least is greasing up the gun they're gonna use to shoot you down behind the shed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ronya posted:

I just realized that Tess here was referring to said skeleton-hoarder, not the vetter

jeremy corbyn killed and ate a man in 1992

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I looked this Letwin guy up on Wikipedia and he sounds like a jackass, good luck Britagne.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Oh gently caress :suicide:

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Brexit in a nutshell.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

What's the current estimate for the morons in the north and not-London to really start feeling the negative effects of brexit?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

More from Mervyn King:

https://twitter.com/markabroad/status/747395053560205312

https://twitter.com/markabroad/status/747396028534513664

https://twitter.com/markabroad/status/747396361327362050

https://twitter.com/markabroad/status/747404736685608960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys