Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Is Huhi technically an EU import since he was born in France?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calax
Oct 5, 2011

So, P1 and NRG are going into the relegation tournament right?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Calax posted:

So, P1 and NRG are going into the relegation tournament right?

p1, nrg and echo fox imo

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
zionspartan split pushes and wins while the other team does nothing woo boy clg is back bby

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Aphromoo acknowledging CLG mid game is weak.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if cass doesn't need boots anymore because of being a snake why does nami get to buy them

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It's pretty sad watching Pobelter loving dominate poo poo this split while Huhi sucks. I have to think CLG really regrets that move.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
ugh Echo Fox are hard to watch

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Libertine posted:

It's pretty sad watching Pobelter loving dominate poo poo this split while Huhi sucks. I have to think CLG really regrets that move.

the team probably does, hotshot is probably too stubborn to admit fault

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Libertine posted:

I don't Pobelter would be doing well on this CLG team.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Hypocrisy posted:

I don't Pobelter would be doing well on this CLG team.

I think at least clg would have gained some benefit from their midlaner having mechanical proficiency on more than 0 champions.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

Is Huhi technically an EU import since he was born in France?
I'm not sure if this is a joke or not, but he actually counts as a Korean import per the rules :v:

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

mvp could be amazing if they had ohq or piglet

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That comment strikes me as a little out of nowhere. I haven't paid super close attention to MVP this season but the only player on the team I remember being impressed by was Ian. I don't think they're one dude away

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

rabidsquid posted:

That comment strikes me as a little out of nowhere. I haven't paid super close attention to MVP this season but the only player on the team I remember being impressed by was Ian. I don't think they're one dude away

i really like mvp! Beyond is really good, Ian is a solid role player that has the potential to go off, and ADD reminds me a lot of Impact. Those three are all rookies as well. Maha loses lane a lot and has questionable positioning, getting a solid mechanical threat in that position + some sort of veteran presence (Piglet moreso than Ohq) it would help them out a lot.

they're a growing team for sure, but they're close to hanging with the Samsungs and Jin Airs of the world

archduke.iago fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jun 27, 2016

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Redmark posted:

ugh Echo Fox are hard to watch

Echo Fox is the team I really want to win but always dissapoints me

Unlike Phoenix they actually have good enough players to at least be a playoff team, but they just make baffling in-game decisions

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
Your regularly scheduled reminder that Karsa is loving Good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgQGQ58Nn8o

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
wish we had some more international tournaments, it seems like forever until worlds

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
IEM starts in November. IEM would be really cool because it's usually popular teams that might not always make it to World's (Like Jin Air) but most of the teams don't try very hard since it's their off-season.

IEM also reminds me why International Tournaments that aren't run by Riot loving suck because they've got to put up with network issues and unprofessional/clueless production crews who constantly mess everything up. I really do miss Pre-LCS days where there were all sorts of random tournaments. I remember the TSM Invitational and the team that would become Cloud9 eventually being a lot of fun to watch.

Regarding World's, I really hope this season there's a lot more competition besides just seeing the #1 and #2 Korean teams sweep the stages. Instead of importing a bunch of Korean players teams should look at bringing in more Korean Coaches like Cloud9 has. I'm afraid LoL might be on a steep decline, I really would love to see a return to Season 4 where Team Play was incredibly important BUT there was still a lot of room for All-Stars to pop off in a game and solo carry. Teams now basically stall out until there's a big objective, after the objective they sit around again if they're not strong enough to end the game off one push.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 28, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

IEM also reminds me why International Tournaments that aren't run by Riot loving suck because they've got to put up with network issues and unprofessional/clueless production crews who constantly mess everything up.

this is unfortunately by design

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Someone made a New tool regarding Pro League and it's super cool. The most useful part is the embeding of all pro's streams in one spot if they're online (All of Jin Air is playing and it links directly to their streams!). No longer plagued by trying to hunt down all the pro's streaming sites over six different platforms

"SOURCE posted:

ON THE MAIN PAGE:
You can see all the professional teams of all regions (including CHINA)
See every player of each team
Their main role
Their social media (Twitter, Facebook, Tencent Weibo)
If the player is an active match (and which champion he is playing)
And if the player is currently streaming (Twith, Azubu, Weibo)
You can sort by Role, Nickname, or Team Name
See only players who are playing, streaming or both

ON THE PLAYER SUBPAGE:
There will be links to all their smurfs registered in our database (Main + Smurfs)
Match History of all their accounts at once
Runes and Masteries of it all too
Perfomance Statistics of all their champions (Kills, Deaths, Assistances, CS, etc.)
Stream

IF THE PLAYER STREAM IS ON:
You can watch directly on our site, with chat (If it is enabled)
See the Active Match in which the professional who are streaming is, at the same page. Just scroll it down.
In addition to all, all matches of all professionals are being automatically recorded and can be accessed, by anybody, on their match history. So you can watch, analyse and even do video montages for your youtube channel!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If you've got free time on your hands, apparently SpoTV delayed the start of OGN by over an hour for some reason, leading to a Podcast about everything between Acheles and Monte. The Korean casters were equally as bored and they went on to their favorite passtime, making fun of Cloud Templar but inserting random videos of him doing weird things while waiting. Here's the link

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

SpoTV is worse than the LPL broadcasts were when the English casts weren't even officially supported.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Demacia Cup is on right now. OMG vs Thunder Bear Gaming on at the moment.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
Riot is so, so lovely

I don't know if they've become more lovely or just failed to improve but really how they handle poo poo has made me care a lot less about watching LoL

Like I will tune in from time to time but I'm nowhere near as invested

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

Or maybe you just don't like watching LOL anymore

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Shadow225 posted:

Or maybe you just don't like watching LOL anymore

No, I'm okay with the game itself

I hate the multitude of stupid decisions Riot does to make watching it worse

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

The Mattybee posted:

No, I'm okay with the game itself

I hate the multitude of stupid decisions Riot does to make watching it worse

Riot Korea seems to be especially bad; especially given their handling of the scripting issue. Allowing things like that to flourish is obviously questionable that I wouldn't be surprised if some shady dealings in the company came to light.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Riot in general is a very reactive company and the fact that they can sit around and wait for something to pop up on Reddit's front page before taking any kind of action is a bad sign. They're very poorly managed by people who have no idea how to run a company as large as it is and Season 4 was probably the Apex of League of Legends and nothing will get as large or as popular as that again.

Riot was afraid that because of Sister teams in Korea, that organizations would start match-fixing and become corrupt despite a decades old E-Sports organization watching over that and there only being one or two incidents since League had come to Korea, so they dismantled sister teams. Then in response, a lot of Chinese teams started offering absurd amounts of money to Korean pros because most of them didn't want to sit on a 10+ man roster and take turns playing so the Korean Exodus happened. Two years later, Riot is having to implement another new rule saying that the original 2-years before a player can be considered local is now 4 years (With a few exceptions) in response to China being able to basically assemble entire Korean teams now in fear that China will lose its identity but in a round-about way Riot was the reason why there were so many pros there to begin with.

Season 5 World Championships was so drat lame compared to the previous two seasons. It might have been in bigger locations, but even though I'm not a huge Imagine Dragons fan the scene was still pretty cool. Season 5 had boring player introductions and Faker's roll, it's largely forgettable to me other than two EU teams making it to quarter-finals.

I'm so afraid that Riot's own mis-management is the end of their own game, but then again looking at World of Warcraft their sixth year was the Cataclysm expansion that lead to the biggest decline in player base too.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
shook is back starting for vitality but still no hjarnan :gonk:

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
It seems to me like its going to be a bit of a race between how fast Riot can push LCS into more of a mainstream media position versus how much their bad choices undercut the actual game experience. Even if Riot is threatening their playerbase with their movements, they also are continuing to attract major investors and attention on the esports side that could give the game some legs.

2015 worlds had good viewership numbers so we'll have to see how 2016 compares too.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Holy poo poo Key is loving good. ESC Ever is fun to watch!

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Kkoma's reliance on protect-the-Bang comps this season has been pretty disappointing. Let Faker carry, kkoma.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
SKT has been discombobulated in general lately so I'm not sure how much it would do. Faker has had some really bad games recently too.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

Wasn't Hjarnan having some sort of sleep problems?

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
So if the LCK season ended here, who would be first place? KT because they have a better game record (15-7 vs. 14-7), or ROX because they beat KT? The "Show Tiebreaker Rules" link isn't working for me on Esportswikis, it may not have gotten ported over properly from Esportspedia

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ROX

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
See, that's what I was leaning since that's how other regions typically do it, but the wiki has KT listed before ROX and I think I remember the casters saying KT was "now in 1st place" after their JAG win the other day (ROX had already played their 9th match by that point)

Either way, thanks for the confirmation. KT is my favorite League of Legends team so I'm a little sad that they're not for real 1st place, but I have faith in them for the back half of the split

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

Good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I can't tell who I like more, Afreeca or ESC Ever. They are both awesome. Although neither probably has a shot in hell of making the LCK playoffs which is sad. They both had great series today.

e: also re: SKT, they need to (from most to least important):
1) Mentally unfuck their junglers. Bengi and Blank are both just making baffling decisions game-in / game-out.
2) Stop making Faker play utility mids, that should never happen. Either put Bang on utility carry or Duke on utility tank. Faker on Karma is a loving travesty.
3) Let Wolf play more engage melee supports. I'm kind of tired of seeing him on Soraka/Nami. I don't feel like those are his strength. His Alistar is probably the best in the world. He can play the other melee tank supports as well. He's much more fun to watch on those and I feel like he has a much larger impact on those as well.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 29, 2016

• Locked thread