Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Calaveron posted:

I remember an old stream had the lady characters sing the squid sisters song in a duo. Was I imagining things?

Uh, are you thinking of Dream Catcher? They're kinda similar, I guess.

e: sorry, Dream☆Catcher

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is "Here I Go" the only sticker Touma has

Why would he need another one when that one can express so much?

He actually does use a couple of other ones, but very infrequently.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I like Chrom's look in this. I wouldn't mind his costume as a reaper costume in Overwatch.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Calaveron posted:

I remember an old stream had the lady characters sing the squid sisters song in a duo. Was I imagining things?

The outfits and a bit of the song are similar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evbVTDGaOok

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh god why do I need so many 3-Star Prestiges and why do I have so little god I need like 20 of the loving things ahhhh

Edit: I like how the special effect of the Matador sword is to basically cast single target Sukukaja on yourself at the start of every battle. Subtle references, ho!

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 27, 2016

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Hahaha the way Barry's VA screams SHIIIIIIT, this game is the best.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I finished the Chapter 1 dungeon last night, the boss killed me a couple of times but I got it eventually. I'd been hoping that Horseslayer would be effective against her and the henchmen, but it wasn't against any of them. :argh:

I'm loving it so far. It's not without its faults (auto-save option would be nice, as would a setting to permanently set the dialogue to auto play), but it's just a lot of fun. The subs work quite well, I actually like not really knowing what the characters are saying during battles. The Session system is great, it's a really interesting alternative to the Press Turn system from SMT/Persona. I like the little FE references like jingles and that.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I noticed that a few weapons were close to being mastered so I spent like a hour and a half grinding at the start of Dungeon 3 so I don't get too far in and have to go back midway.

It wasn't until after I had already done that that I realized you can just mass make weapons and equip them whenever from the pause screen :suicide:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I noticed that a few weapons were close to being mastered so I spent like a hour and a half grinding at the start of Dungeon 3 so I don't get too far in and have to go back midway.

It wasn't until after I had already done that that I realized you can just mass make weapons and equip them whenever from the pause screen :suicide:

Hey, at least all that grinding at the start of Dungeon 3 got you plenty of 3-Star Prestige. Unless you're counting the Prologue dungeon in that, in which case, lol.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hey, at least all that grinding at the start of Dungeon 3 got you plenty of 3-Star Prestige. Unless you're counting the Prologue dungeon in that, in which case, lol.

Nah, Chapter 3

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
What level did y'all beat the chapter 2 boss on hard cause I'm getting wrecked at 24

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

About 24, on Normal

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lessail posted:

What level did y'all beat the chapter 2 boss on hard cause I'm getting wrecked at 24
High 20s, Itsuki may have been 30, but I didn't use Kiria at all because everyone the rest of my crew started a few levels below her.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh nooo one of my characters finally filled up their session skills section. Now I actually need to stop and think about how everyone connects to everyone, dammit.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Oh nooo one of my characters finally filled up their session skills section. Now I actually need to stop and think about how everyone connects to everyone, dammit.
God this is something I've been dreading for a while now :ohdear:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can you actually get skills back once you've overwritten them?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Rorus Raz posted:

High 20s, Itsuki may have been 30, but I didn't use Kiria at all because everyone the rest of my crew started a few levels below her.

It doesn't help that she's weak to some of their poo poo and a session will take her right out. Better left out of the fight.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Second death! Got killed by the chapter 3 dungeon mid-boss. I guess focusing on the main enemy and ignoring the smaller ones turned out to be a mistake.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Yeah ignoring the little guys seems to be a death sentence since they can usually Session off of the boss and do a ton of damage. But in most (all?) of them killing all of the minions just makes the boss summon more. So i guess the solution is to leave one alive if possible? I usually just end up blowing all my special moves on boss fights and killing all the enemies at once anyway :v:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's never a good plan, apart from that one Chrono Trigger boss that punishes you for taking out the adds first instead of the opposite like all the other bosses.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

Can you actually get skills back once you've overwritten them?

You gain that ability around mid-game.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Alright I grabbed two levels, some new accessories, and kept my party as the first three and it went well! Touma's sp attack was incredibly deadly.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Dunban posted:

Anyone know a good spot to farm the gold enemies? I need some Macca Converters.

Seconding this. I got one but need several for weapons.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Is there any way of telling how close someone is to levelling up their Stage Rank? I want to get Touma up to Lv 3 and I've been finishing off fights with him but no luck so far.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

I think it tells you on one of the status screens on the gamepad. I think by clicking on Other Info.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Levantine posted:

Seconding this. I got one but need several for weapons.

I know two good ways, pick your poison.

Method 1 is simple, go to this spot on the map: http://imgur.com/WWJpYA1.jpg in Shibuya. Gold enemies seem to spawn very frequently there, but you'll still need to do quite a bit of running around.

Method 2 is to go to 6F in 106, go up the orange doll, press the middle switch and go up the orange doll again. You'll be in a tiny area with one of those MYSTERY FUTURE BREAKABLE DOORS and nothing else. Just run around that area, if you step back onto the carpet next to the doll arm whatever enemy spawned will disappear, making it pretty quick. However, it seems that only one will spawn until you reload the area, either through porting back to the office or using the in-dungeon warp portal to move to another floor and back.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I finished Chapter 2 over the weekend and goddamn, I was not expecting this game to be so polished. The battle system is great, I love the overall aesthetic and style of the game and the skill system is like the Mantra system from DDS! It's great!

orenronen posted:

You gain that ability around mid-game.

Oh good, I don't have to worry about losing skills as much.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

AlphaKretin posted:

Why did nobody tells me his thread existed. :mad:

I'm broke and still playing Fates so this game can wait but I'm definitely getting it.

How hard is my rear end going to be kicked with no experience in the SMT/Persona series?

I'm practically a SMT newbie myself- I've only finished one game in the series it wasn't even a Persona game, and I'm not having any issues. The thing that might trip you up, if you're like me and were used to Final Fantasy systems, is names for spells. You'll have to keep looking at their effects before you memorize which is which. Fortunately the tool-tip is right there, and you can always check any skill you have equipped on the gamepad screen any time.

Also, the naming convention of elemental spells is a bit odd. Zio is the base lightning spell, for example. The multitarget version is Mazio, more powerful single-target is Ziodyne, and finally the more powerful multitarget version is Maziodyne. However, multitarget spells can easily backfire once enemies start absorbing or even reflecting elemental spells, so you might want to stick with the single target versions. They can also do that to your base physical attack so WATCH OUT. Keep a variety of elemental spells and session skills that play off them. Always target weaknesses if you can, and buff, debuff, and status moves are actually useful in this series so definitely use them!

Lastly, save early, save often. The random trash mobs CAN kick your rear end if you let them. Don't get cocky!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Infinity Gaia posted:

I know two good ways, pick your poison.

Method 1 is simple, go to this spot on the map: http://imgur.com/WWJpYA1.jpg in Shibuya. Gold enemies seem to spawn very frequently there, but you'll still need to do quite a bit of running around.

Method 2 is to go to 6F in 106, go up the orange doll, press the middle switch and go up the orange doll again. You'll be in a tiny area with one of those MYSTERY FUTURE BREAKABLE DOORS and nothing else. Just run around that area, if you step back onto the carpet next to the doll arm whatever enemy spawned will disappear, making it pretty quick. However, it seems that only one will spawn until you reload the area, either through porting back to the office or using the in-dungeon warp portal to move to another floor and back.

Thank you! That area of the map in Method 1 is where I got my first one, so I guess it's just run-around time. Does Estoma help in this case or am I just more likely to get Savage enemies instead?

Also, what's the best method for killing those guys? I got lucky and Touma ad-libbed it to death the first time.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Levantine posted:

Thank you! That area of the map in Method 1 is where I got my first one, so I guess it's just run-around time. Does Estoma help in this case or am I just more likely to get Savage enemies instead?

Also, what's the best method for killing those guys? I got lucky and Touma ad-libbed it to death the first time.

No clue if Estoma helps or not, I just slashed any red guys that showed up and ran away from savages. The best way to kill them is either to wait until you get your archer in Chapter 3 or buy a bunch of darts from the shop and toss them at it. I recommend the former method, but if you're in a rush, the latter supposedly works ok.

Edit: Ok so sometimes the game is a little overly cautious with the level range it asks you to be for a quest. Protip: It's not being overcautious with its level suggestion for Kiria's third personal quest. Do not make the mistakes I did, heed the level number.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jun 27, 2016

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
If Fire Emblem characters are running the shops then who is running the costume shop?

To me it looks like Cath, the most worthless character in the entire series. That has to be intentional.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Tsubasa's ad-lib is certainly a sight to behold. This game doesn't take itself too seriously.

Dr. Video Games 0156
Jan 1, 2005
romantic comedy wahhhh
This game is so good. I have to go to work instead of play it and this bums me out to no end. I need to learn more about anime friendship.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So uhh I finally got to class change and the game told me I had 3 new Carnage Fusions available but they don't seem to be there? Do they only show up when I get out of intermission or what?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Just started chapter 2. So far I really like it but the voice track is grating just because I don't understand anything being said so it sounds like gibberish.

Why does everyone have giant jiggling boobs? Like they look like basketballs attached to their chests.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Are savage enemy spawns random or are they more frequent if you tend to do better in battles? Some friends and I are plagued by savage enemies spawning in extremely close proximity and it's such a pain in the rear end to deal with them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

So uhh I finally got to class change and the game told me I had 3 new Carnage Fusions available but they don't seem to be there? Do they only show up when I get out of intermission or what?

Those Carnage Fusions are available in the future, not right off the bat. It just means you can eventually create them.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

ImpAtom posted:

Those Carnage Fusions are available in the future, not right off the bat. It just means you can eventually create them.

I see. By the way, I did my first one pretty casually but now I'm wondering, how many master orbs are there in the game? I assume there's at least enough to class change each character, but maybe not to get everyone both classes? Of course, I'd rather hope there were precisely 14 orbs in the game (It's pretty drat obvious HETEROCHROMIA LONE WOLF will join eventually) but you never know with this stuff.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Speaking of class change..any advice on which ones to go for, at least at the start? Other than Sorcerer for Tharja, I'm totally lost on which ones to choose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Of course. Of course the Macca Converter weapons have good 5th skills. Why wouldn't they?

Well back to grinding golden enemies for that sweet sweet Pierce.

• Locked thread