Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I've gotten incredibly blatant bots, reported them, and never received that confirmation message on multiple occasions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Aerox posted:

It's not even ranked; even unranked games are just massively significantly worse, in my opinion, than they ever were before dynamic queue showed up. I think some of it may have to do with the fact that people seem to have figured out that before he left Lyte was: A. not banning anyone so he could "study" toxicity and B: almost all bans are based on easily bypassed automated word recognition.

The last actual SR game I played had someone screaming that "spics and niggers should hang from trees" (but dropping a couple letters so it didn't flag anything) among tons of other things, before AFKing. Unsurprisingly I still have never, ever seen the "someone you have reported has been punished" message in the four years I've been playing this game.

I recently switched over to Overwatch because the death timers are just way too long and someone on your team face checking a brush can be a game ender regardless of whether you're ahead or behind. Also the toxic behaviour of the community from intentionally throwing games to abuse is absurd and in the last week I played I finally saw one message that something was actually done from the numerous reports I have filled out.

I will definitely return to League at some point, maybe after a couple of patches once things seem interesting again.

Neurolimal posted:

I've gotten incredibly blatant bots, reported them, and never received that confirmation message on multiple occasions.

I kind of wish the tribunal was around, gave you a false sense of accomplishment at least. The community seems to have only devolved from when I first started playing.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

i kinda gave up on ranked when i realized it was gonna be a grind. the community seems no better or worse than it was several years ago when i played a lot. i'd say it's slightly better thanks to the role queue thing because i do not miss having to call your position immediately in champ select. so many meltdowns before the game even loaded.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Xcom owns

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i stopped playing league cause my friend got permabanned on it. but now i am playing again for some reason.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Zmej posted:

i kinda gave up on ranked when i realized it was gonna be a grind. the community seems no better or worse than it was several years ago when i played a lot. i'd say it's slightly better thanks to the role queue thing because i do not miss having to call your position immediately in champ select. so many meltdowns before the game even loaded.

lets duo ol buddy!

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
I had given up on ranked and really league entirely last November when a sudden bout of horrible depression and anxiety had me chained to my chair. About one hundred games later i had gone from P5 with gold 3 Mmr to diamond 4 mmr 80lp d5, which meant that basically there was no reason to ever try hard again. I'm a comparably old man for highish elo LoL and I can only handle talking to college-aged kids for so long these days

Also ranked on Japan is hell bc they all play like japanese people aka everyone is 0/0/0 with 100 cs at 10 minutes

But you should not get discouraged and quit playing if you still find the game fun, which i do. I just don't have anyone to play with anymore

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
anivia is hosed up but i dont like her slow rear end ult

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Luna Was Here posted:

Real talk game has been going downhill since mid season four when riot wet farted out changes that benefitted very specific styles of play and had items that were just better and champs that were just better than the rest of the pack. Riot talks about how they used to not like enforcing a meta but since late s3 it's all they've done when it comes to balancing this game

i think for me it's just bit by bit they've changed league from a fun solo game that accentuated individual play to what's basically a team sport.

it makes the game great to watch but i've had less and less fun playing it with every change

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
I honestly think the game is more fun now than it's ever been, but that might have to do with my role, I haven't really enjoyed bot lane in a while.

I feel like the most likely cause for people falling away from league ia just fatigue, though. I didn't stop playing TF2 because new patches broke it or anything, I'd just had my fill. Some people are getting to that point with league.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

gangnam reference posted:

lets duo ol buddy!

only if you bring frook. just like old times

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

gangnam reference posted:

lets duo ol buddy!

Go gay why did you never accept my friend request from three years ago

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/577136bab5460e38e4/malphite-teleports-with-no-cooldowns-

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

ROCK SOLID.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Endorph posted:

i can deal with her fine actually, i play mostly top lane and ive never felt like a fiora was stomping my rear end in, i just find her really sucky to play as because the weak points are really fiddly, rng reliant, and she has a kind of dull binary thing going where either you hit her weak points and you win or you don't and you're doing fuckall

with experience and Not Being Bronze you will find that they are slightly random and that there is tons of room to outplay your opponent

she is really fun and one of the few actual anti-tanks in the game and I should go back to playing her again

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Just making sure before I waste any IP: can the hextech mystery shards be dismantled? All these lucky legendary skins mean I've got a terrible thirst for Essence.

How Rude posted:

with experience and Not Being Bronze you will find that they are slightly random and that there is tons of room to outplay your opponent

she is really fun and one of the few actual anti-tanks in the game and I should go back to playing her again

My only problem with her rework is that I loved the rumored PBE concept far more (really weak dash, parry, and steroid, ultimate gave her 10 charges of any mix of the 3 with no cooldown). It fit the whole fencing concept and sounded like it would make her really fun to watch, fight, and play.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jun 27, 2016

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/57713bc45ea314129b/stealth-is-my-middle-name-?from=user

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
What ever happened to that set of SKT skins that everyone said were garbage? Did Riot ever say those are coming back or did they just say "eh gently caress it"

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
God drat, a good Azir is complete cancer to play against. He has absurd poke range, can burst almost as well as AP assassins and also has amazing engage/disengage.

I don't actually know if he is OP or not, but playing against a good one makes me want to not play this game, especially in lane phase.

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Luna Was Here posted:

Go gay why did you never accept my friend request from three years ago

idk resend

Kashuno posted:

What ever happened to that set of SKT skins that everyone said were garbage? Did Riot ever say those are coming back or did they just say "eh gently caress it"

theyre redoing them

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Neurolimal posted:

My only problem with her rework is that I loved the rumored PBE concept far more (really weak dash, parry, and steroid, ultimate gave her 10 charges of any mix of the 3 with no cooldown). It fit the whole fencing concept and sounded like it would make her really fun to watch, fight, and play.

it sounded cool as poo poo but i can see how an 'activate urf mode' button would be almost impossible to balance

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think it s combination of summer, overwatch, and steam sale that's leading to low goon presence. Also less posts in this thread is a good thing.

Me irl after seeing some of the arguments here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Still being worked on.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
How do you play Anivia without exploding past 30 mins?

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
To the extent I am falling away from League (and I may be, but am not sure) it will be because the game is just way too long for a game that rides too much on a crap shoot of whether you get the AFK, complete feeding moron, etc.

There are times when I've played a game and am honestly ashamed that I wasted 45-60 minutes of my life waiting for a game to end that has some guy named "azzblaster3000" who is repeatedly running alone into an unwarded enemy jungle, that could have been spent practicing guitar, making some cookies, or doing something else semi-constructive and interesting.

And sure, all of life's activities can occasionally end up like that. You travel to a golf course and waste an hour when it starts raining when you get there, etc.

But in League, it happens far too often. I do not like losing, but I'm okay with it if it is because my team just tried semi-intelligently and lost. But far too many games involve "lol ks fuk u i feed now," and they take way too long to resolve when that happens.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

NTT posted:

Xcom owns

It really does, incredible game and a great series generally.

edit: the reason i'm not playing anymore, besides generally being interested in other things, is that I had to leave a couple games and got that 20 minute penalty thing and... yeah, that really kills my motivation to play.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 27, 2016

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I have important news that will revolutionize this game for you all.

You can leave any game without penalty by disabling your network adapter before you close out league. (don't tell reddit or people who will tell reddit)

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
yeah the game length is kinda grating lately too. i wonder if there are there any other mobas with significantly faster games? i used to enjoy playing awesomenauts just because it was quick and nice to look at. just a quick fix of owning noobs with the french chameleon guy

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Lovechop posted:

yeah the game length is kinda grating lately too. i wonder if there are there any other mobas with significantly faster games? i used to enjoy playing awesomenauts just because it was quick and nice to look at. just a quick fix of owning noobs with the french chameleon guy

HOTS games are like half the length. You just have to deal with an overall worse game.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Nazzadan posted:

HOTS games are like half the length. You just have to deal with an overall worse game.

HOTS only kept my attention for about two weeks but I would be willing to give it another try.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, I wish league could significantly alter the standard game length without completely demolishing the balance of farmer heroes vs early game heroes. It's just too loving long.

Some things HotS did very right. Any given objective you cap or or jungle camp you clear leads directly to accelerating the end of the game. That said, I don't like a lot of the maps and characters. It's hard wanting to like it but not being able to.

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 27, 2016

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Sexpansion posted:

HOTS only kept my attention for about two weeks but I would be willing to give it another try.

I go through spurts of getting extremely hyped for HOTS and playing the poo poo out of it then putting it away again.
They reset the ranked ladder so I should probably at least do my placements.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Why play LoL when you can play

featuring Grenhgar and Flitwick

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovechop posted:

You know what I'm gonna say. There is... TT.

Alternatively, Overwatch.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Is the comp league thread basically dead or did everyone go to a discord channel or something.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I had been playing a lot less league lately but hecarim top is good again so I'm back

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Here, in my opinion, is the main problem with league: they've made it not snowbally enough that you can't win games right out of lane phase but also lane phase always happens and is like 20 minutes. So there's these two semi related games pasted together and they won't get rid of the first and the second sucks because it's too team oriented at this point. You can play hots and just skirmish and teamfight the whole time with helpful glowing capture the flag areas so that everyone knows to go mash into each other, but there's nothing if you like laning but dislike losing at 51 minutes because mister Yi kept saying just clear waves while he split pushed and you all died.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
all that being said, the best skin line is making a triumphant return....

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Work Friend Keven posted:

Is the comp league thread basically dead or did everyone go to a discord channel or something.

now that EU sucks and also people may not even be watching the same game people post a lot less.

i am extremely ill and haven't been able to gdt by myself a match between I May and Snake Esports at 4 am while i work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

"Ironstylus hasn't cleaned his desk yet and they´re already releasing slutty skins. I love it."
Ha

• Locked thread