Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
BlazBlue is the densest fighting game I've ever read, it's more like a VN with fighting attached.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the drop this week says that there's a god eater game coming out tuesday for all sony platforms. is that the new one that people were excited about last time i read the vita thread like 6 months ago or is it an older game. drop says digital only instead of digital/retail which seemed weird. hope there's a demo.

Szurumbur posted:

BlazBlue is the densest fighting game I've ever read, it's more like a VN with fighting attached.

i think there's another one coming out in october too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, the last game for the current main character comes out this year.

It's gonna be uh... pretty nuts.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

the drop this week says that there's a god eater game coming out tuesday for all sony platforms. is that the new one that people were excited about last time i read the vita thread like 6 months ago or is it an older game. drop says digital only instead of digital/retail which seemed weird. hope there's a demo.
rage burst 2 has been listed for a summer release on steam for awhile but im not sure

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I've been avoiding the third installment because it sounded like they dropped the ball on the story, focusing on only two of the charecters when the other games balanced out and had complicated storylines for all 12-14 characters

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anything it made the story less of a pain in the rear end to follow because in the previous games most of those stories were largely irrelevant to anything other than the character's own experiences. It also took fuckin eons to finish those stories, so I appreciate that since I don't spend 20+ hours reading a bad fighting game VN and only about 10 now. Also the third game is just like, legit fun to play so I don't see why you would hold yourself back from buying the game unless you only do it for the story.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Fat Samurai posted:

I'm curious: How does the 4 Kingdoms thing work? Do you have several endings depending on which side wins? Can you influence it? There is a Big Bad army that forces you down a given ending no matter what you do?

The Great Nations stuff in Grand Kingdom is just a pseudo-multiplayer thing with 0 story. There's a 36 mission campaign in the game that adds flavor and lore to the world but if you're expecting some kind of narrative go play a different game because Grand Kingdom is just a mobage game without the microtransactions. I'm a gameplay above all else guy so that's fine for me but the game seriously has no plot.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

rage burst 2 has been listed for a summer release on steam for awhile but im not sure

i just looked it up http://gematsu.com/2016/04/god-eater-resurrection-launches-june-28-god-eater-2-rage-burst-launches-august-30-west

GE Rage Burst 2 is august 30th and will have a physical release and is a new game.
GE Resurection is out on tueday and is a remaster/make or the psp game from years ago. digital only.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

There's pretty much no reason to actually buy Resurrection if you want God Eater stuff because Rage Burst comes with a free download code for it if you pre-order.

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011

mikeycp posted:

This. Though Rintaro actually owns. Get Steins;Gate.

I've been on the fence about this one. Is there any decision making or dialog choices, or is it just a straight up text and pictures visual novel?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Ninefingers posted:

I've been on the fence about this one. Is there any decision making or dialog choices, or is it just a straight up text and pictures visual novel?

Don't be on the fence, jump. There are decisions and dialog choices, just not the usual flavor: it's all based on accepting phone calls and how you reply/don't reply in text messages. It's especially important to get the true ending, but for a first time player just go with the flow. You'll also know you are triggering specific endings depending on your messages.

Meatwolfe
Oct 31, 2011

Saoshyant posted:

Don't be on the fence, jump. There are decisions and dialog choices, just not the usual flavor: it's all based on accepting phone calls and how you reply/don't reply in text messages. It's especially important to get the true ending, but for a first time player just go with the flow. You'll also know you are triggering specific endings depending on your messages.

Thanks, I think I'll give this one a shot then. The price is right and I'm getting burned out on trails of cold steel.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

The cellphone texts you receive do not look anything like something that would give you branching paths but they are. The game has a lot of paths and not only that a lot of hidden scenes and Bad Endings. I 100%ed it

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Yeah. Get in on it. It's really good. Don't worry about choices the first time through either.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Sinners Sandwich posted:

For people serioiusly asking about the Batman dlc, the last release of dlc called Season of Infamy is the only one worth the price, it adds 5 new midgame sidequests starrimg villians that are not in the base game. Really good content

Do the new sidequests count towards unlocking the ending? I beat that game but never triggered whatever Knightfall is because I just couldn't force myself to do those boring bloody Batmobile collection quests.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Faux Mulder posted:

Do the new sidequests count towards unlocking the ending? I beat that game but never triggered whatever Knightfall is because I just couldn't force myself to do those boring bloody Batmobile collection quests.

No.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Szurumbur posted:

You think that's bad, in Guilty Gear story mode doesn't even have gameplay.

Blazblue is a story they are, as they admitted, making up as they go. There were some interesting idea dearly on but that has long since been crushed under as much anime as the game could take.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Including an anime.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axleblaze posted:

Blazblue is a story they are, as they admitted, making up as they go. There were some interesting idea dearly on but that has long since been crushed under as much anime as the game could take.

the guilty gear story mode is awesome though

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Motto posted:

Including an anime.

That the lamest Dio ever.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

axleblaze posted:

I'm not sure what's going on with either of those anymore. Blazblue's emphasis on plot comes from it originally being developed as some kind of fighting RPG, but ever since then it just feels like it wants to be a book with a fighting game attached. It doesn't help that with Xrd/Relevator that Guilty Gear is essentially telling the exact same overarching narrative in increasingly-similar settings.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Szurumbur posted:

boy would you not like Guilty Gear Xrd's story mode

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Szurumbur posted:

persona ultimax is the same

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MeatwadIsGod posted:

How's Mad Max? I like the Mad Max movies but am not a devoted fan or anything.

It's charming and fun but ignore most of the side missions.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I wanted to like MM a lot more than I did but it was just too repetitive even ignoring most of the side missions. It all felt really clunky too.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I don't actually dislike it, because I like reading and the VAs are doing rather good job, but the sheer amount of text and voice acting is staggering - if every node on the Story Mode menu is the same or similar length, there are at least ten hours of this stuff. I don't need to see all of them, of course, but it's impressive in a peculiar way.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

So, uh, apparently Adventures of Mana (Final Fantasy: Adventure remake) is coming out on the Vita. Or rather in Europe it's out right now??

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/747576662275948544

I find it really odd that S-E didn't announce this in advance or anything of the sort (aside from the fact that, well, it's only on the Vita & iOS). Oh well! Looking forward to the US getting it tomorrow, I guess? :shobon:

Geop fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jun 28, 2016

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Geop posted:

So, uh, apparently Adventures of Mana (Final Fantasy: Adventure remake) is coming out on the Vita. Or rather in Europe it's out right now??

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/747576662275948544

I find it really odd that S-E didn't announce this in advance or anything of the sort (aside from the fact that, well, it's only on the Vita & iOS). Oh well! Looking forward to the US getting it tomorrow, I guess? :shobon:

gently caress YEAH

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

does it have a different title in NA?

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It was called the same thing for the US phone release, so I doubt it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

It's just not up for currently on the NA store -- EU gets something first for a change.

SE is being pretty weird, though, even for SE. No single announcement anywhere, not even the dumb "and it's out right now!" approach, nada.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

maybe it sucks :ohdear:

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###

Phantasium posted:

gently caress YEAH

gently caress YEAH!

I haven't played the GB version since it came out. I'm extremely excited for this. One day, maybe, my dream of 3 being officially localized may come true :allears:. Doubt it though.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

maybe it sucks :ohdear:

It's great, actually, it's just up until now the options were lovely touch controls or not playing it.

It'll be great to play a version where I'm not always accidentally running into enemies.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

It's great, actually, it's just up until now the options were lovely touch controls or not playing it.

It'll be great to play a version where I'm not always accidentally running into enemies.

yay!

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah, the main reason I didn't get the iOS release is *because* of pesky touch-controls :staredog: From what I've read, it's an extremely faithful remake. Not sure what folks new to the game will think, but I played the hell out of it on the Gameboy so this'll be a wonderful nostalgia-trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv-Vl_kD-zg

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Yeah I am very pumped to play this tomorrow if it does come out here. I never cared for the other remake (Sword of Mana) as it changed too much.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

So the Vita is getting two "I must play them right the gently caress now" games tomorrow what the hell happened to that console being dead?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

univbee posted:

So the Vita is getting two "I must play them right the gently caress now" games tomorrow what the hell happened to that console being dead?

what else? god eater?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

what else? god eater?

Zero Escape Vol. 3: Zero Time Dilemma

• Locked thread