Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Tautologicus posted:

Wait, people here don't think Lyme disease is real?

It's on the CDC website you morons

http://www.cdc.gov/lyme/postlds/index.html

Welp, no doubt that you have autism if you can't parse the meaning of the statement about lyme disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Tautologicus posted:

If Hillary wins, i've lost complete faith in the American political process and partially in America in general, I have dual citizenship i'll be fine. I won't be crying about it, it will just be the last straw for my faith in my home country. But i don't think she will win, there's more writing on the wall every day.

Hhahah mirthless thanks for the custom title you loving idiot. Shoulda spent that 10 dollars on a loving pubmed subscription or something actually useful.

np love you bb :love:

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

Considering 4chan nerds literally had to hack voting machines to set up firewalls against Karl Rove's back doors it's pretty safe to say that the system is rigged in some pretty lovely ways. I hope that nasty bastard stays far, far away from the Trump campaign.

that sounds like some bullshit imo

from what i know rigging an election is extremely hard and basically impossible

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Now would be a good time for this mental illness/Lyme disease derail to conclude.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
brexit is a symptom of lyme disease

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Third World Reggin posted:

more like stupid limey disease

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
^^^ :argh:

Third World Reggin posted:

Limey disease

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well at least theyre deciding the system is rigged now rather than in november, so they have a nice long time to get used to the idea of losing and hopefully wont blow their families away in a fit of rage

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Tautologicus posted:

remember, you're the one with the mental illnesses, not me, so it's your own judgement you should be doubting, not other peoples'.

the "no u" defense is always the best last resort

dunno what the argument is about but lol

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
of course trump lost the system is rigged

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Evangelicals are getting upset that Trump hasn't tweeted something #prolife

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

babypolis posted:

that sounds like some bullshit imo

from what i know rigging an election is extremely hard and basically impossible

That's like saying that hacking the US personnel database and swiping the security clearance records of every US government employee is extremely hard and basically impossible. These are machines created by private corporations and overseen by politicians with extreme vested interests in rigging the vote.

They were a bit sketchy, especially considering who owned many of them.

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx
They (the voting machines) also have a history of having their source code dumped online for all to see. It's not impossible that there may have been some tampering, but I never believe people in Guy Fawkes masks without hard evidence.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tautologicus posted:

I really honestly do not give a single gently caress what your background is, I know what I've seen and I know what i believe. If it offends you, good.

im literally euphoric

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
https://twitter.com/AndrewHClark/status/747454933927067648

Everything is fine.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Well, a dumbass that doesn't understand the difference between anecdotal evidence and, like, every other kind of evidence shitted up the thread, but at least we got a funny avatar out of the deal. Eh.

More on topic: I had the most bizarre discussion with a Facebook friend yesterday about George Will leaving the GOP. He called Will a thin-skinned baby who is more interested in publicity than helping his party.

:irony:

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

POSTS OF THE PATRIOTS

*hacks voting machine*

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
im sure the guys who are "fighting ISIS" by DDOSing the internet archive really and truly struck a blow for fair and open elections, and are not just completely full of poo poo

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Tautologicus posted:

I really honestly do not give a single gently caress what your background is, I know what I've seen and I know what i believe. If it offends you, good.

IGNORANT DOCTOR YOU BUT CLAW AT SHADOWS ON THE WALL OF A CAVE, BUT I SOCRATES UNDERSTAND THE TRUE SOUL OF "TREATMENT"

take your pills taut

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Deteriorata posted:

According to the Miami Herald, that's a real photo taken shortly after he had it done.

wow this guy is insane

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
running a tracer, on all IP pings... heh theyve got security holes large enough for even my fat rear end to waddle through... decrypt this black ICE, throw up a proxy web... im in

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Baloogan posted:

Pretty hosed up if Trump is incapable of rigging the system in his own favor. :sad:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
https://twitter.com/CNNMoney/status/747445144769667072

quote:

No, Donald Trump isn't going to cause the U.S. economy to tank, says Peter Navarro, an economist and Trump supporter.

In a scathing report last week, research firm Moody's Analytics said Trump's plans would cause nearly 3.5 million job losses and sink the nation into a longer downturn than the Great Recession.
Navarro calls that analysis "garbage" and argues that Trump's plan is the best for the economy since Ronald Reagan's. He notes the lead author of the Moody's report (economist Mark Zandi) is a donor to Hillary Clinton's campaign.

"The [Moody's] findings are based on flawed assumptions and gross misrepresentations of the Trump policies," says Navarro, an economics professor at the University of California-Irvine and a policy adviser to the Trump campaign.
Trump's economic platform has three key elements: A large tax cut for all individuals and businesses, a tougher trade policy, and immigration reform.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/747424042181791744

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Thunderbro posted:

That's like saying that hacking the US personnel database and swiping the security clearance records of every US government employee is extremely hard and basically impossible. These are machines created by private corporations and overseen by politicians with extreme vested interests in rigging the vote.

They were a bit sketchy, especially considering who owned many of them.

there are so many people involved with any aspect of a modern democratic process, its extremely hard for me to believe there could be mass tampering without everyone finding out

now tampering a small number of votes to change a tiny margin, thats more likely. like bush in florida during 2000

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It should also be noted that anonymous may well be breaking for trump this time around.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
lmao that the trumpwaffe are such sad losers they are already conceding the election in jun

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Patter Song posted:

Um...no?

The 19th century GOP was very much not the free trade party.

See: Republican Benjamin Harrison with "Protection" on his gloves, while Democrat Grover Cleveland lays passed out under a "Free Trade" banner.

Mods please change my name to "Flat Tery" tia

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

the loving laffo curve

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Baloogan posted:

Write it down 25 times every day for maximum persuasion

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i was going to run a campaign.....but i just plum gave out

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

It should also be noted that anonymous may well be breaking for trump this time around.

you think so? they tend to be pretty liberal and they had an anti trump op (which didnt amount to poo poo)

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

megy kelly looks at rove skeptically "is this just math that makes you feel good as a republican?"

karl flop sweats, his dome like a glazed ham under the studio lights "no... it cant be, these are the rigged numbers that... no. no! FOURCHAAAAAN!"

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
REGRET..............piled high

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

babypolis posted:

you think so? they tend to be pretty liberal and they had an anti trump op (which didnt amount to poo poo)

Yeah it's important to distinguish the hacker cabal that destoryed hb Gary and shitheads on 4chan at large

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Everyone else also sees a second smiling mouth in Sam Clovis' chinfold right?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think its probably that Karl Roves abilities were somewhat overhyped

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

TheTatteredKing posted:

Yeah it's important to distinguish the hacker cabal that destoryed hb Gary and shitheads on 4chan at large

as far as i know they basically have nothing to do with each other anymore except for the guy fawkes poo poo

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/status/747447668272553985

Romney's all-time low in a Texas poll was 47. McCain's was 43.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

babypolis posted:

there are so many people involved with any aspect of a modern democratic process, its extremely hard for me to believe there could be mass tampering without everyone finding out

now tampering a small number of votes to change a tiny margin, thats more likely. like bush in florida during 2000

Well that's exactly how it was done. Rove put his thumb on the scale in key battleground states like Ohio and Florida where the infrastructure was well within GOP control. It's not like you would write a blatant back door into the code either, just leave some benign looking gap where you can log in and use a script to manipulate the database backend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Venom Snake posted:

i was going to run a campaign.....but i just plum gave out

does he who must not be named support Trump?!?

• Locked thread